• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mike Wieringo Passes Away

Cully Hamner's eulogy for Ringo said that he got into the comic industry in the '90s, so he was new. He apparently just got into the industry in his 30s rather than fresh out of college or high school like a lot of other artists. I wonder what he did before becoming a comic artist.

Cully Hamner's eulogy for Ringo said that he got into the comic industry in the '90s, so he was new. He apparently just got into the industry in his 30s rather than fresh out of college or high school like a lot of other artists. I wonder what he did before becoming a comic artist.

He worked a non-union job in a grocery store.

Took a look back at his work on Deviantart. Such great talent.

RIP Wieringo.

ssss.jpg

I'm not the one who made it. I found it on a perusal through Wieringo-related art and articles and thought it was fantastic.

It's a little distorted, but still cool. I can't because I'm at work, but someone should resize the image, specifically the height. It's a tad too long.

What's the point to come into a memorial thread just to bad mouth the person it's been created for? And then you act surprised or taken aback by people's reactions.
I never bad-mouthed him. I just gave constructive criticism, so he could improve in the future.:o

Haha. Okay, I'll leave now.

Wow, really? The fact that I'm wasting time at my jobs while I try to finally put a portfolio together doesn't seem as bad anymore.

Your characters look okay, just work on some action scenes. Or, just become a cover artist.

Yeah, I've gotta quit being lazy and work more on backgrounds. But I really, really, really don't want to talk about my ****ty art in a thread about Ringo. It's embarrassing. :o
It's a little distorted, but still cool. I can't because I'm at work, but someone should resize the image, specifically the height. It's a tad too long.
I'll do it at home in a few hours if no one else has done it by then.

Yeah, I've gotta quit being lazy and work more on backgrounds. But I really, really, really don't want to talk about my ****ty art in a thread about Ringo. It's embarrassing. :o

I'll do it at home in a few hours if no one else has done it by then.

You wouldn't happen to have a deviant account would you?

Wheather you do or not this is something nice for everyone to check out-

http://greatlp.deviantart.com/art/To-Ringo-62451588

It's Ringo related of course.

Just in case anyone asks I'm not greatlp.

This is the first i've heard of this terrible news!

RIP 'Ringo you will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"