• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mike Wieringo Passes Away

I said he drew characters pretty well:whatever:

Seriously he was great, but that legs thing always bugged me

Pffsh, like I'm going to read 4 pages about a guy who drew characters pretty well but a little dumpy. In the lower half of the body. You know. Maybe the knees looked too low or something. Anyway, he's dead now, so I don't have to put up with that anymore, at least. Thanks 'Ringo!

SMH @ the unrepetent, going for shock? Or just feeling the need to belittle sumbody you don't know because you can on a message board?

I admit ignorance and failing to understand the reason you would waste the time to let us know how little you feel about someone who got to do apparently his life's dream.

I hope you feel better.

V.

Not Jake doesn't actually feel that way, it's his gimmick.

Geez, you guys are not going to be happy with me when Dan Slott kicks it.

Not Jake doesn't actually feel that way, it's his gimmick.
I actually do feel that way. I don't mess around with death, man. I liked Ringo enough, didn't love him. Sorrrrrrrrry.

If JRJr died I would be making weepy haiku and stuff.:csad:

I actually do feel that way. I don't mess around with death, man. I liked Ringo enough, didn't love him. Sorrrrrrrrry.

If JRJr died I would be making weepy haiku and stuff.:csad:

I've known you long enough Jake, you like being all edgy and whatnot. Stop "frontin'"

Pffsh, like I'm going to read 4 pages about a guy who drew characters pretty well but a little dumpy. In the lower half of the body. You know. Maybe the knees looked too low or something. Anyway, he's dead now, so I don't have to put up with that anymore, at least. Thanks 'Ringo!

Whatever you're attempting, I'm pretty sure you're missing the mark, dude. :down

Geez, you guys are not going to be happy with me when Dan Slott kicks it.

Probably not.

Understand that you have to be on a Par with the Grand Dragon or Hitler to get me to say something immediately negative about your death.

It costs me NOTHING to show respect for someone's passing who had done something positive while he was here.

Baseline - this guy was an artist. He drew nothing truly offensive to the masses. He made a lot of people he didn't know Happy.

I enjoyed him on the FF.

I can think of a few artists who I'd have more issue with - serious posers who get too much credit for the little they do.

He will never be one of them.

You need to make snide, demeaning, remarks about the recently dead, Please yourself,.. I've said my piece and made my peace on your comments.

HAND.

Such a shame I was in shock when i first heard only 44 :(

Rest in Peace to the artist that pulled me into comics with his FF 'Unthinkable' arc.

Gents,
Lets show a little respect...

Everyone, please try and stay on topic... 'Not Jake' - knock it off!

Probably not.

Understand that you have to be on a Par with the Grand Dragon or Hitler to get me to say something immediately negative about your death.

That puts you ahead of Daniel Schorr in my book. Dan is the NPR analyst who did a five minute rant about how bad Reagan was about the time of his funeral.

It's in pretty bad tastes to say something bad about a guy who just died. I wouldn't even do that to Rob Liefeld. It doesn't mean that you have to say something nice though.

Dear EXCELSIOR,

No,

Dear everyone, especially those who PMed me, or reported me to the mods:whatever:,

I didn't realize that required sympathy levels had to be met in order to post at The Hype. So sorry. For real.

Feelingly yours,

Not Jake

p.s. I am sad.

What's the point to come into a memorial thread just to bad mouth the person it's been created for? And then you act surprised or taken aback by people's reactions.

Not Jake doesn't apply the "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"

That puts you ahead of Daniel Schorr in my book. Dan is the NPR analyst who did a five minute rant about how bad Reagan was about the time of his funeral.

he was just wrong for that.

You have to be a true monster in my book to have me say anything,... Reagan was "just" a political figure who pissed off a few folk.

He does not advocate hate based on difference, he didn't set out to wipe out a group of people while trying to take over the world. He won't kill students for having a problem with government, He didn't advocate "join my religion, or accept second class citizenship, or Die".

He was just dumb enough to want to be president.
On Topic:

I wasn't aware Ringo was 44,.. I thought he was new and in his late twenties.

Go figure.
:dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"