Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Ming-Na Wen IS Agent Melinda May

JB-the-Hunter

Booty hunter
Reaction score
May1.jpg

This lady is totally only 35 years old, I refuse to believe otherwise. I can't comprehend otherwise.

Clearly you don't spend enough time with Asian people. :hehe: Looking 10 years younger is our thing. But yeah, she's looking pretty good even by Asian standards. That's where the extra 5 years comes from. :hehe:

No fair :(

Not that it matters to me considering I'm barely 20 years old.

No fair :(

Not that it matters to me considering I'm barely 20 years old.
Not all hope is lost. My hubby is older than me (31) and he's white, but he still looks like he's in college. Maybe high school if you don't see his face closely. :oldrazz: (It helps that he's got a tiny frame and still hasn't filled out...) Stay out of the sun, don't smoke, don't do drugs, and don't drink to excess. :up:

Not all hope is lost. My hubby is older than me (31) and he's white, but he still looks like he's in college. Maybe high school if you don't see his face closely. :oldrazz: (It helps that he's got a tiny frame and still hasn't filled out...) Stay out of the sun, don't smoke, don't do drugs, and don't drink to excess. :up:
I follow every step on your list but I tend to look older due to my facial hair coming in a lot darker and thicker (but still not thick enough to grow a solid looking mustache or beard) than when I was in college.

I loved Ming Na in Stargate Universe. She's gonna be ridiculously righteous here. Can't wait.

I loved Ming Na in Stargate Universe. She's gonna be ridiculously righteous here. Can't wait.
I first came to know her on ER so she has some serious acting abilities that I hope get utilized here.

I only know her from a guest stint on Charlie Sheen's show but I would never in a million years have guessed she was almost 50.

I follow every step on your list but I tend to look older due to my facial hair coming in a lot darker and thicker (but still not thick enough to grow a solid looking mustache or beard) than when I was in college.
Well, unfortunately you can't help that. But I was Facebook stalking some of my middle school classmates, and one of them looks in his late-40s already thanks to excessive tanning and bloat from drinking. :o I'm 29.

Well, unfortunately you can't help that. But I was Facebook stalking some of my middle school classmates, and one of them looks in his late-40s already thanks to excessive tanning and bloat from drinking. :o I'm 29.
Some people I went to school with have really let themselves go as well and already look near 40 even though they're around 30. Mainly because they either smoke or drink heavily.

I know her as Mulan

Well, if we wanna go there, I *actually* know her from 1994's Street Fighter and The Joy Luck Club... I liked her in Push as well.

I think she's gonna be a pretty intense character, what with being an Administrator, and a Pilot and a Martial artist... in fact... she might be *the* pilot for that big Jet they fly around in. That'd be cool. I suspect she and Coulson will disagree on some points. I also call some romantic tension, as she's going to be his only peer really.

My random theory with no basis: she's the MCU equivalent of Carol Danvers, and may become the MCU equivalent of Ms/Captain Marvel later. I have no evidence for it whatsoever.

I love Ming-Na. She's a big reason I'm so stoked for this.

She does seem Danvers-eque. Wouldn't that be something?

Carol Danvers is blonde...and in the air force...and not Asian... they could could at least keep PART of her origin and therefore I your random theory does not sit well for me =P. With shield using a C-17 as transport there is plenty of room to have a cameo of an Air Force pilot (of any race or hair color) show up as opposed to just another shield agent

I loves me some Ming-Na. She can act her ass off. Everything she stars in gets a huge boost in quality from her presence.

Carol Danvers is blonde...and in the air force...and not Asian... they could could at least keep PART of her origin and therefore I your random theory does not sit well for me =P. With shield using a C-17 as transport there is plenty of room to have a cameo of an Air Force pilot (of any race or hair color) show up as opposed to just another shield agent

Nothing about Carol's backstory requires her to be white or blonde, and shifting the backstory to SHIELD is a likely event even if Carol is used straight.

Which is why my post highlighted they should at least keep her air race backstory.

Next to Agent Coulson, I look forward to Ming-Na Wen's Melinda May the most. I've been a fan of hers for years, from Mulan to Joy Luck Club and even that atrocious Street Fighter movie. Living in LA, I had the privilege to be one of the live audience for her old TV show called The Single Guy (when it was near cancellation) many many years ago, and I remember shouting her name between breaks to try to get her attention. I remember that she was annoyed by it and I don't think I got anything signed, but it was still a huge deal for me seeing her live in person, albeit from a safe distance away.

Anyway, I hope she will get a big role in this series, since it appears that the mains are all Caucasians and she's the only Asian American in the series. From the trailer it appears that she has a Ph.D. in kicking asses, and I want her to beat up plenty of bad guys in the series.

Well, if we wanna go there, I *actually* know her from 1994's Street Fighter and The Joy Luck Club... I liked her in Push as well.

HOLY CRAP! lol, she was Chun Li? Wow! I love Chun Li. She was good in that movie considering the rest of the movie was crap.

street3mingnachunlistre.jpg

She looks like she's gonna get to do alot of action in this show. Looking forward to it. And she looks great for a woman her age but all asian women age like that.

Wonder why she seems to be the only one sporting the SHIELD logo.
tumblr_mmsqk6BUiV1r4dsjko4_250.jpg

HOLY CRAP! lol, she was Chun Li? Wow! I love Chun Li. She was good in that movie considering the rest of the movie was crap.

street3mingnachunlistre.jpg

She looks like she's gonna get to do alot of action in this show. Looking forward to it. And she looks great for a woman her age but all asian women age like that.

She really looked good in that movie, but it was so awful. I can't really say her acting was good there, though... it's hard to turn in a good performance in something so terrible. She was definitely a better Chun-Li than Kristen Kreuk though, that's for sure. That Chun-Li movie managed to do the impossible and be worse than Street Fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"