Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Of SHIELD - S2 Ep 17 'Melinda'

Good episode. Lot of emotional scenes. The Coulson story line is shaping up to be fun.

Weird...I thought that this was maybe the weakest episode since The Winter Soldier. I just don't care about the origin of Agent May's nickname. And the Skye family drama stuff was kind of lame (until Hyde showed up, he's always awesome). I don't even think that the Nu-SHIELD story is that suspenseful since it isn't leading to Civil War and is instead just a stall tactic to get us through to Age of Ultron.

Maybe it's because I'm most of the way through Daredevil and that show is just so amazing that anything else pales in comparison.

If you look at the bottom right Monitor, Coulson was on there much earlier. :drl:

Yes, Clark acting like a fanboy! I hope they really do show up if not this season then anytime in future seasons.

Weird...I thought that this was maybe the weakest episode since The Winter Soldier. I just don't care about the origin of Agent May's nickname. And the Skye family drama stuff was kind of lame (until Hyde showed up, he's always awesome). I don't even think that the Nu-SHIELD story is that suspenseful since it isn't leading to Civil War and is instead just a stall tactic to get us through to Age of Ultron.

Maybe it's because I'm most of the way through Daredevil and that show is just so amazing that anything else pales in comparison.

how do you know where the NUshield story is heading. seems very likely they are laying civil war ground work

That one guy Ethan .Something is going on with him ,maybe this is where the missing Diviners come in ?Those who are being denied falling in with HYDRA if they are creating supers?

I for one am glad Coulson is doing "stuff'. during last season and the beginning of this one i thought he was getting'really soft'.

He's starting to act more like he did in the movies when he really was -a fan favorite.

Yeah, probably.

I for one am glad Coulson is doing "stuff'. during last season and the beginning of this one i thought he was getting'really soft'.

He's starting to act more like he did in the movies when he really was -a fan favorite.

I wonder if he's setting up an Avengers Academy program. It would definitely be spinoff worthy.

how do you know where the NUshield story is heading. seems very likely they are laying civil war ground work

Given that even May and Simmons are now pretty much agreeing with Nu-SHIELD, they are one conversation away from straightening this out. But half of this season has been avoiding that conversation so they could stretch it out. Maybe they will stretch it even further, til next season...but at the moment the entire storyline (and especially this lame origin story for May's nickname) it just feels like time-filler to me. It seems like this show could benefit from a more compact season.

Whether it's Grant Ward, or John Garrett or Daniel Whitehall or even Cal, they are a bunch of softies compared to Wilson Fisk.

This was yet another wonderfully written episode. I didn't think they could pull off the Cavalry story and make it mean something but I was wrong. Very powerful emotionally.

The fact that the first thing after the Marvel logo "thwip" was May in the shower certainly settled me in to my seat fast. The episode screamed "PAY ATTENTION" right from the start. :cwink:

I think the Nu-SHIELD storyline will stick around for longer than you think. They may form a truce at some point, but two could very well stick around as two separate entities to well into Civil War. And you're free to your opinion, but I thought tying the events in Bahrain to current events really feeds into that "everything is connected" mantra that has been the backbone of the MCU, and what separates it from being just another spy show.

And why does the awesomeness of Daredevil have to hinder people's enjoyment of other comic book shows? In aesthetics, story, tone...AoS and Daredevil couldn't be more different. Maybe the binge-watching aspect is leaving people a little over-saturated, but man, talk about scratching different itches.

Whether it's Grant Ward, or John Garrett or Daniel Whitehall or even Cal, they are a bunch of softies compared to Wilson Fisk.

To be fair, Kingpin is an A-tier villain. Everyone on this show is a C-tier at best. It's not like they are even gonna put a guy like Strucker on here, where they have to protect his image a lot more.

I haven't watched Daredevil yet, but AOS has had some pretty amazing villains. Garret was amazing, I love crazy Cal, and Whitehall, just the way he talked to the Raina about getting back the obelisk gave me chills. I saw a clip where Fisk basically murdered a guy with a car door for embarrassing him in front of some woman. He sounds pretty insecure if you ask me.

What a great episode. I felt like I was in a glass case full of emotion.

All the easter eggs and call backs to the films, as well as the nickname of The Cavalry. Speaking of that last part, I was kind of hoping we would never see the story of how she received that name, but it lived up to the hype and was excellently executed. To see the way she transformed to person we've come to know was pretty cool to see. The bit with Fitz and the continued gag of Hunter and Mexico was funny.

I'm glad they didn't drag out Skye and her mom. It should make the stuff with Skye being "cursed" interesting.

Also the reveal of Raina's inner gift was well done and is a call back to everything about her. The flower motif to even her ties to the Clairvoyant (which she is now a true version of) was a neat touch.

So is Coulson building the Avengers Academy or Secret Warriors?

Last edited:
And here I was expecting Skye to have this reaction after her mentor (aka her mother) helped her with her powers...

tumblr_lmrfajInDv1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

This was a good hour of tv. Loved Skye & mom's reunion and May's story was much better than I expected. I was a little nervous about watching this after seeing Daredevil but I shouldn't have worried as it's still firing on all cylinders.

Dialogue could use some work however, I flinched at a few lines while watching this.

I just don't care about the origin of Agent May's nickname.
I didn't care either, which is why this ep was amazing. It made me care... A LOT. Brilliant storytelling. May has never been more interesting than she is now. She was always the least developed character of the main six and this episode did wonders.

I'd forgotten it from the first half of the season, but the Theta Protocol was alluded to once before (in ep. 2x10 - What They Become):

Via http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Sam_Koenig
When Triplett asked Koenig where his brother went, Sam gave a cryptic message that Billy needed to recharge his batteries; Triplett did not appreciate the response.

As Phil Coulson prepared for the Battle for the Kree City, he told Koenig to return to the Playground. If things went south, Coulson wanted him to activate the Theta Protocol. Koenig reluctantly agreed.

Probably explains why the Koenigs haven't been around since then.

I'd forgotten it from the first half of the season, but the Theta Protocol was alluded to once before (in ep. 2x10 - What They Become):

Via http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Sam_Koenig

Probably explains why the Koenigs haven't been around since then.

you think maybe Coulson (starting with Fury before him) had identified a lot of the Inhumans and profiled them to see which had the right attitude to try to enlist into the team? They kept this a secret because they were afraid of HYDRA finding out. They didn't know who they could trust. Maybe Coulson has the missing diviners and some Terrigen Crystals? For all we know he could be aware of the Inhumans enclave and is even in support of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"