Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S2E4 "I Will Face My Enemy"

tumblr_ndguu5Kv7N1qhc9d1o5_250.gif

that was so damn awesome, I was like 'that had to hurt' :hehe:

I enjoyed the episode. I understand Coulson's want to be put down (who wants to go crazy?) but I hope if it comes down to it, May will just hold him captive until she finds a cure for the cure (yeesh). It was also odd/neat seeing happy-go-lucky May. I think she might have looked forward to being captured.

It also sucks that Coulson didn't get to see Agent 33's face. I think he would have recognized her and/or made an effort to save her. I was kinda hoping the shock snapped her out of her mind control but it looks like she's still with Hydra.

I wasn't sure why Coulson felt the need to tell Talbot (the real one) that there was an imposter of him. It's not like Talbot is going to check every guest list world-wide to stop it from happening again. It was still a good episode overall though.

This episode moved the plot along just fine; I didn't get a "filler" vibe from it.

Agreed.

Idk why but im getting tired of that Fitz story arc

Personally for some reason, I like the broken Fitz better than the smart-ass Fitz. I definitely felt for him when he confronted Ward last week.

Since they now know about mind control, I wonder why they didn't try to take the downed 33 with them? Yes, a Hydra strike team was close but would it have been worth the risk? Last episode Coulson was looking for 33 because he assumed she was trustworthy. He didn't know it was her but May saw her before her capture. I guess May deemed it too risky but I wonder if this might become a future mission. Grab a mind controlled ex-agent and find out how to combat that control.

May might not have known what Agent 33 looked like and Coulson didn't get to see her face.

Not sure what to make of it, so I'll just leave it right here (didn't see anyone else comment on this part) but I'm very curious if the whole "I once operated on a woman on and off for a full week" is referring to Mockingbird or someone else or if it's an innocuous comment which I doubt. Anyone else find that line odd or have more insight?

^^^
It's a nothing comment until it isn't one

Yeah, it was odd that she touched his hand...but the actress having to play the role aside, that technology would have changed her face and nothing else. Getting a good look at her hand should have been a big clue to Coulson that something was up.

Agent 33 has man-hands

Not sure what to make of it, so I'll just leave it right here (didn't see anyone else comment on this part) but I'm very curious if the whole "I once operated on a woman on and off for a full week" is referring to Mockingbird or someone else or if it's an innocuous comment which I doubt. Anyone else find that line odd or have more insight?

I THINK it's just a throw away line to point out how far he'll willing to get what he needs

I enjoyed the episode. I understand Coulson's want to be put down (who wants to go crazy?) but I hope if it comes down to it, May will just hold him captive until she finds a cure for the cure (yeesh). It was also odd/neat seeing happy-go-lucky May. I think she might have looked forward to being captured.
She probably enjoyed torture over having to smile and laugh...:woot:

It also sucks that Coulson didn't get to see Agent 33's face. I think he would have recognized her and/or made an effort to save her. I was kinda hoping the shock snapped her out of her mind control but it looks like she's still with Hydra.
No time to really react with Hydra extraction team on their way.

I wasn't sure why Coulson felt the need to tell Talbot (the real one) that there was an imposter of him. It's not like Talbot is going to check every guest list world-wide to stop it from happening again. It was still a good episode overall though.
It was his way of showing good faith to Talbot, so that Talbot can back off. The painting was "secured" by Talbot and the military, so it gives Coulson a little breathing room and Talbot could be distracted with finding who impersonated him.

Anyway, great episode all round and even though I enjoyed that replicant fight, the wig really stood out...lol. It bothered the hell out of me. I was hoping that at some point she would rip the mask off.

Loved the episode this week.
Broken Fitz story doesnt get old to me. Just like someone said before me: "I like this Fitz better than the old one..).

Juat one thing I dont get, why didnt Mayb beat the crap out of that HYDRA big**** (Forgot his name..) who ran with the painting. He just ran of like nothing happend to him.

Loved the episode this week.
Broken Fitz story doesnt get old to me. Just like someone said before me: "I like this Fitz better than the old one..).

Juat one thing I dont get, why didnt Mayb beat the crap out of that HYDRA big**** (Forgot his name..) who ran with the painting. He just ran of like nothing happend to him.

I'm pretty sure she was pursuing him when she ran into Agent Coulson and Agent 33 trading blows.

I'm pretty sure she was pursuing him when she ran into Agent Coulson and Agent 33 trading blows.

Come to think about it and your right. But, they cant make me believe that the could escape from May after she escaped.May ran at him and he "coward" al little. But he, you have to do things in order for the show to go on:cwink:

Hold on!

I just realized that when I woke up this morning lol

So Coulson knew it wasnt May because she doesnt drink coffee?

That's it? that's how one of SHIELD's top agents thinks?

Because sometime, a cup of coffee doesnt always mean a cup of coffee .... so what if he was with the real May ?
I think she would have killed him after that punch

maybe May is lactose intolerant

Did anyone see this screen capture from the episode
tumblr_inline_ndgtssCvru1qzeqyx.png

^
Lots of Marvel connections there

James Larner who is an MI-6 operative
Agent 60 or Kuro Chin who was a SHIELD agent and double agent
Lt. Marcus? Stone of the NYPD

Edward? Burk who is a New York bank employee

Stanley Johnson?

Margaret? Huff who is a SHIELD agent
and possibly
Jimmy Woo

Woo: Jimmy Woo
(SHIELD operator)

Larner: Agent Larner
(MI6 demolition expert from Master of Kung Fu series, Marvel.)

Lt Stone: Marcus Stone
(Marvel Universe, New York Police Department, SWAT section)
[he defeat Asgardian warriors. Alone or with his swat team. Just sayn’]

Burk: Kevin Burk (creatore Absorbing man)
(the creator of Carl Crusher Creel)

Agents 60: Kuro Chin
Chino-Japanese agent

done my Homework

This episode felt like spinning wheels but getting little traction. And the character stuff wasn't so great as to distract from that. All in all I'd say this currently is the low point of the season(as little as that means given that it's only 4 episodes in). Hopefully next week will pick up the pace.

The music is incredibly creepy whenever it shows the strange etchings. It honestly is the most unsettling, effective score I've heard on a TV show in a while.

This episode was like Mission Impossible + True Lies, and a damn good one at that. Maybe the best directed episode of the show so far.

May vs May was fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"