Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Figured we'd start seeing some delays. February was getting a little crowded.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst closed beta announced, story trailer
Published 11 hours ago. 40 comments

Sign-up for the closed beta today.

ME-Catalyst-Closed-Beta-Ann.jpg

Electronic Arts and DICE have released a story trailer and opened sign-ups for the Mirror’s Edge Catalyst closed beta, which will be available across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

In Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, Faith Connors is a self-assured thrill-seeker and one of the best Runners in the city of Glass. But when she crosses paths with the evil Gabriel Kruger and the city’s oppressive Conglomerate, Faith finds herself running for something far more important.

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on May 24.

Watch the trailer below.

[YT]vOe3ik_RViE[/YT]

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Betas, Clips, DICE, EA, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Trailers
source: Gematsu

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst ‘Combat’ and ‘Movement’ gameplay videos

Published 9 hours ago. 12 comments.
First-person free runner due out on May 24.

ME-Catalyst-Vids_03-03-16.jpg

Electronic Arts and DICE have released two new gameplay videos of Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, showcasing the game’s combat and movement.

Here are some new details, via the game’s official website:
Momentum
Build momentum to reach top speed and do daring jumps between rooftops or stylish slides through tight spaces. Use the new Shift move and get a short burst of acceleration in any direction. For a quick change of plan, use Quickturn for a rapid 180 or 90 degree turn.

Traversal
Hit top speed quickly zipping down wire lines. Carefully balance on a ledge and transition smoothly to hanging from it. Run vertically and horizontally on any wall and use pipes to swing over gaps or around corners.

Gadgets
Faith needs little less than her running skills, martial arts knowledge, and determination to fight the oppression smothering the citizens of Glass. But a few pieces of hi-tech hardware will help her to traverse the city.
Mag Rope and Disruptor

• Mag Rope – Latches on to specific points in the world, allowing for unique traversal and interaction opportunities.
  • Disruptor – This upgrade of the tech in Faith’s glove lets you disrupt and destroy KrugerSec and AI systems.
Combat
You don’t need a gun. Use your environment, your momentum, and your physicality to fight oppression.

Attack Types

String together Faith’s fluid attacks when engaging with KrugerSEC or other enemies. Combine light and heavy punches to force enemies off balance or to gain an advantage when they’re stunned. Use your environment when fighting to build Focus, and dish out Swift attacks to fight without losing momentum.

Flow and Focus

Build up and maintain Focus by maintaining movement and action. When Faith has Focus enemies can’t hit her, but losing Focus makes enemy attacks a greater threat to your health level. Once Faith focuses completely, she enters into Flow, a state of awareness that allows you to attack in new and more powerful ways.
In Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, Faith Connors is a self-assured thrill-seeker and one of the best Runners in the city of Glass. But when she crosses paths with the evil Gabriel Kruger and the city’s oppressive Conglomerate, Faith finds herself running for something far more important.

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on May 24.

Watch the videos below.
Combat

[YT]evt9bDMAxIk[/YT]
Movement

[YT]ekYaM2sLJ24[/YT]

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Clips, DICE, EA, Gameplay, Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst details MAG Rope device

Published 7 hours ago. 64 comments.

Faith's essential travel tool.

The Mirror’s Edge Catalyst official website was updated today with details about the Manifold Attachment Gear Rope—the device worn by main character faith on her forearm that can latch on to specific points in the world, and one of her most important tools.

Get the full scoop in the mini-interview with producer Jeremy Miller below.
What is the MAG Rope?
The MAG Rope is a device worn on Faith’s forearm that can latch on to specific points in the world, allowing for unique traversal and interaction opportunities. When Faith first gets hold off the MAG Rope early in Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, she uses it to swing over gaps that are too long to jump across.
Upon activation, the MAG Rope shoots out a carbon fiber line, attaching to certain surveillance cameras. The swing is an extension of Faith’s move set and carries her momentum from running into the swing. In the swing, you have control over the speed and direction – and when and how you want to let go.
Initially, the swing function is the only feature of the MAG Rope. There are however upgrades for the MAG Rope that Faith will acquire through the people she meets as her story progresses.
How can the MAG Rope be upgraded?
The first upgrade Faith will get for her MAG Rope is the VD Torsional Motor. With the significantly more powerful motor, Faith can pull herself up to the attachment point, scaling vertical walls to reach new areas.
Later on, you’ll get hold of a Grappling Tip. This replaces the tip of the MAG Rope with hook extensions, which can be used to pierce and grab certain objects in the city. For instance, Faith may grab and pull out a panel, then quickly jump off it, before the panel retracts again.

Why did you decide to equip Faith with the MAG Rope in Mirror’s Edge Catalyst?

One reason is the more open city this time around. Crossing a highway – or even a two-lane road – is a surprisingly far distance that just isn’t jumpable. The MAG Rope allows us to maintain a more believable and varied city without being limited by the distance she can jump.

Initially, Faith is a carefree Runner, using her tools to interact with the city purely as a Runner, taking shortcuts and getting to restricted areas in order to complete her runs. As her story progresses, she’ll find more important ways to use the tech.
It was very important to not to make Faith feel like a superhero though – the tool is an extension of her movement, and is not what make her a heroine.

How can speedrunners take advantage of the MAG Rope?

I think the swing aspect will be particularly interesting for speedrunners. Runner’s Vision will show you clean, safe swing points but there are always more advanced and faster ways to get around. For example, early playtesters discovered a way to wall run, do a quick turn, leap out across a massive urban chasm, and just catch the edge of the activation area to swing across and cut huge distances off of a route. That adds a unique depth and a wider variety of traversal possibilities. It’s pretty risky though!

What do you want players to experience and feel when trying out the MAG Rope?

I hope players will see the MAG Rope as a natural extension of Faith’s toolset. It’s not just a gadget you activate, it’s part of Faith herself and true to the traversal rules of Mirror’s Edge Catalyst. There will many riveting moments for players using the MAG Rope. Leaping off a building during a run, hoping you haven’t jumped too early, only to have it catch just after a moment after you think it won’t – those vertigo moments are amazing.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, DICE, EA, Mirror's Edge Catalyst

I was just wondering when this will be released today. Literally counting down the days now :D

Now you know the date of release.

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst closed beta begins April 22

Published 1 hour ago. 5 comments.

Watch 30 minutes of gameplay.

ME-Catalyst-Beta-April-22.jpg

The closed beta for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst will begin on April 22 and run through April 26, publisher Electronic Arts and developer DICE announced.

The beta will let players try out several of the main missions in Faith’s story, as well as Side Missions, other optional content, and Social Play features.

Users who have been selected for the closed beta and are a Frontrunner will receive an email with their code on April 22. Others who made it into the beta will receive their code on April 23.

Watch a new set of videos below.
Developer Diary: Social Play

[YT]dm0H-v3P0Zw[/YT]
30 Minutes of Gameplay

[YT]ryfvCPV2vEw[/YT]
(via Polygon)

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Betas, Clips, Developer Diaries, DICE, EA, Gameplay, Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst launch trailer

Published 10 hours ago. 11 comments.
Faith Connors' origin story will be told on June 7.

ME-Catalyst-Launch-PV.jpg

Electronic Arts and DICE have released the launch trailer for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst two weeks ahead of its release date.

The upcoming reboot tells the origin story of skilled runner Faith Connors, barely out of juvenile detention, who stirs things up with the city’s Conglomerate and the evil Gabriel Kruger, and is forced to start running for something “far more important than herself.”

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on June 7 in North America and June 9 in Europe.

Watch the trailer below.

[YT]r6GQEtUREWY[/YT]

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Clips, DICE, EA, FPS, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Trailers

[YT]4YXPhyaPNPw[/YT]
Netflix for Comic Books! - EP Daily Rundown for May 26, 2016

Today we take a look at Amazon's Comixology and their new subscription service, a new Mirrors Edge TV show, Microsoft potentially announcing the next Xbox Elite, and VR being used for more than just gaming.
756 views 7 hours ago

Also with

source:EPN.tv & GI

I hope they get Ellen Wong to play Faith. She would be wonderful!

Not a whole lot of people are talking about this game so I'm a bit worried about it sales wise to be honest. Planning a tv show might be looking a bit too far ahead

Well, in fairness and all, it is a remake/reboot/whatever to a game that really wasn't very popular to begin with. It's really kind of a weird project, especially for a company like EA, so I'm just glad it's getting made more than anything. I don't really expect a lot sales-wise.

Yeah for us the players but not so great for the studio or future prospects. I hope it works out though, it really is a great game!

and as vic said it'll be out this week tuseday.

Seems like the reviews on this are pretty much like the first one: all around the board.

one video preview from game informer & Two video reviews from the Easy allies(Formerly the GT peep's) & EPN.TV and written review from Game informer.

Test Chamber – Swinging Through The City In Mirror's Edge Catalyst

test chamber
on Jun 06, 2016 at 05:05 PM
ps4-icon.png

Watch us play Mirror's Edge Catalyst to find out why it doesn't live up to the original.
... More

Next up

Also with

Lasly

source: GI , EPN.t&Easy Allies

Seems Mirror's Edge Catalyst is this year's Battlefront for EA. It's getting mixed reviews from critics and negative reviews/reactions from fans.

I loved the first game, but I had to really push myself to play all six hours of the free trial I got with Xbox One. It's a very dull game, at least for the six hours I played. Making this reboot (why?) open world was a poor decision and the combat is overall worse that the first game's. I am very disappointed.

Oh boo at the reviews. A game like this was clearly highly dependent on getting people talking.

Oh well, reviewers have been very odd this year. Far too many are likely to say something is bad when it is not bad so I will give it a go still

Oh boo at the reviews. A game like this was clearly highly dependent on getting people talking.

Oh well, reviewers have been very odd this year. Far too many are likely to say something is bad when it is not bad so I will give it a go still
come on now when we say the review are mixed it means some of the reviewers like epn.tv's vic of Reviews on the run who above both you two's posts who gave it a 7.5 , which is in the good zone and said tha]T people should give it a look to see if they like it them selves.

and there are other that though it was meh or wasn't that overly impressive . but it's better then it being in the below the terrible zone or disappointment area.

so not all of the reviewer's are that odd. it's also best not to put them all in the same boat of generalization or catch all thought til you've seen what each of them had to say with their personal thoughts.

THE BAD REVIEWER'S ARE EASY TO FIND WHEN THEY CAN'T EXPLAIN THEM SELVES IN VIDEO OR WRITTEN FORM. AND THOSE PEOPLE YOU CAN BOO AND CALL THEM OUT ON IT. AND ABSOLUTELY SHOULD.

Last edited:
I got it and I absolutely love it. Everything is so shiny. It's like Hong Kong or Singapore futurism and all the men are super cute plus the gameplay is so much fun and I'm enjoying learning more about Faith

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"