Mobile Suit Gundam Mega Thread

08th Ms team was probably the last truly great Gundam series. I think Wing might have come after, I don't remember, but Wing is sort of polorizing among fans. Some love it, some down right hate it.

On the Subject of Stardust Memories. I always liked that one too, but it became even better after I saw Zeta. It acts as a really nice bridge between the original Gundam/0080 series and Zeta. The rise of the Titans for example in that last scene is so full of false optimism and complacency.

It also has kick ass ground battles. A lot of the series have great space battles but the ground battles in 0083 are what set it apart for me. One thing that kind of bugs me about Zeta is how when on earth they still fight with sleds in the air. So essentially it's really similar to the action in space.

Well, Bandai's trailer for Gundam 00 is up (and here is the official sigh: linky).

Currently, the voice cast is as follows:

Setsuna F. Seiei - Brad Swaile
Lockon Stratos - Alex Zahara
Allelujah Haptism - Richard Ian Cox
Tieria Erde - Sam Vincent

And it would appear to be premiering in Sci Fi when it's released.

I'm about half way through MS Gundam 0079 and its awesome :up: The first couple of episodes are meh but once you get to the middle it starts to get hardcore. I like how it continually shows both sides of the war without really favoring either side and the battles are ****ing sick :up:

N E body planning on checking out Gundam 00 during it's debut tomorrow (Monday) on Sci-Fi? It comes on 11p.m. - 12 midnight ET. I'm planning on staying up and watching it.

I haven't gone through the whole thread, but what's everyone's opinion on Turn A Gundam?

This needs more life, come on, this is a "MEGA" thread.

Perhaps my avatar will enlighten some peeps. Gundam 00 should also be added to the poll.

Can't wait for the Gundam 00 movie, can't come soon enough :D.

Just checked out the 00 movie trailer and woa it looks amazing.

I've never visited this thread before and had NOOOO idea how many gundam series there were. Wing is the only series I've seen but I knew there were ones before it but not so many, nor did I know there were series after.

Just checked out the 00 movie trailer and woa it looks amazing.

I've never visited this thread before and had NOOOO idea how many gundam series there were. Wing is the only series I've seen but I knew there were ones before it but not so many, nor did I know there were series after.

Being around for 30 years helps to spawn that many spinoffs. ;)

I too use to think that Gundam Wing was the first, and only Gundam series. But then I got an official magazine that had ALL info from the others. I was totally confused, I didn't know where to start.

Thank god for the internet, and MAHQ.net of course. They helped me figure out where the Hydra Gundam from GBA:2 hails from.

So, what mobile suit did you guys like from the 00 trailer?

I personally liked Gundam Raphael, really digging the gundam head.

Thank god for the internet, and MAHQ.net of course. They helped me figure out where the Hydra Gundam from GBA:2 hails from.

GBA2 kicked so much ass.

Also my first time in the thread, just saw it bumped.

Have a question for all you, is gundam 0080 war in the pocket any good? Saw it at Best Buy for 20 bucks.

I'm currently running through Gundam Wing again, and aside from 08th MS team and G Gundam, and the original show, they're the only series I've seen. Basically anything that played on the old toonami.

GBA2 kicked so much ass.

Have a question for all you, is gundam 0080 war in the pocket any good? Saw it at Best Buy for 20 bucks.

I'm currently running through Gundam Wing again, and aside from 08th MS team and G Gundam, and the original show, they're the only series I've seen. Basically anything that played on the old toonami.

I liked it quite a bit. The Kamfer is in it, and it's full of :awesome:.

However, Gundam Wing suxxorz.

Go with Stardust Memory.

I want bandai to make a dvd set for the old Gundam series. I'm tired of waiting.

I liked it quite a bit. The Kamfer is in it, and it's full of :awesome:.

However, Gundam Wing suxxorz.

Go with Stardust Memory.

Kampfer was pretty awesome, I remember using him a lot in Journey to Jaburo.

GBA2 kicked so much ass.

Kampfer was pretty awesome, I remember using him a lot in Journey to Jaburo.

I'd say do so if you liked 08th Team and of course for the Kampfer action.

I want bandai to make a dvd set for the old Gundam series. I'm tired of waiting.

:huh: You mean for Mobile Suit Gundam 0079? There is one, along with 3 movies summarizing it. There's also one for Zeta Gundam but after that any of the other series haven't been license in the USA aside from the recent ones.

GBA2 kicked so much ass.

Eh....Gundam 0080 is alright, it isn't terribly action packed, and it's also pretty freaking short. The story is alright, but the lack of action kinda numbs it for me.

I would just rent it, if you can.

On the english dub, David Hayter voices Bernie (one of the main characters). So that might be enough incentive for some people.

Don't get too pulled in by the Kampfer either, it...does not do well against the Alex. It's only in one episode too...

:awesome: But it's the Kampfer, its enough merit to waste invest 20 bucks plus taxes on a good quality OVA.

Physalis is worth 20 bucks to invest on an OVA, not the Kampfer.

:huh: Doesn't Stardust Memory run for like about +25?

:o And besides, I think you mean Neue Ziel and Gerbera Tetra.

I don't remember posting in this exact thread, I don't even remember a Gundam Mega thread (guessing a merge), so sorry if I repeat something I don't remember typing before lol.

For me, my favorite is the original 0079. I think it conveyed the feeling of the heroes small scope of the war, getting dragged unwillingly into a massive conflict, and how Amuro was tormented and numbed by it better than the others overall. Where Kira went from crybaby to pacifist, and Heero never got past the emo silent guy routine. Had likeable characters, and a good story. And had the right balance of suits and pilot skills. Where later series tried to jazz the suits up and started pushing time/space and physics boundaries, 0079 had clunkers that were awesome due to pilot skills. In the end the Gundam couldn't even keep up with Amuro. Where with Seed it was just nuclear powered uber machines that can shoot 1,000 lasers accurately at once.

I liked Zeta that came after it, but never got into ZZ. I'd put Zeta as my third. Second place honor goes to Turn A. It was different from other Gundams, but very well done. I really enjoyed it. I also like 00 and think it's a step back in the right direction after Seed and Seed Destiny.

Like most of the others in the thread tho, Wing was my introduction to Gunadm, followed by G. I used to think they were the ultimates, but after having watched other Gundam series now, I think I highly overrated those two series. Especially Wing, I used to treat that series like it was the ultimate giant robot series.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"