MODOK in the MCU: Which franchise?

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
MODOK is sort of a villain without an Arch-enemy. He's best described as "Avengers solo" villain, as he almost always faces Avengers members, but rarely faces the whole team.

He was created to be a Captain America villain in Tales of Suspense #93, and served as Cap's main rogue when Red Skull was on the bench. After a couple of years that saw the creation of most of Cap's Modern Rogues gallery (Viper, Doctor Faustus, Batroc The Leaper, Arnim Zola, Helmut Zemo) MODOK became an Iron Man villain, and after that focused his attention on the Hulk. Still, the floating man with the 12 foot head managed to tangle with just about every Avenger/ ex-Avenger who wound up getting a solo comic.

So where would you stick MODOK in the MCU?

Last edited:
I see hulk or antman... antman more-so if it's much more comedy like though

S.H.I.E.L.D

In the TV series, using the AIM organization as an evil mirror of SHIELD would be fitting, and MODOK could easily be a part of that.

Giving him a slow reveal through the season would also lessen the shock of seeing such a strange character in live action.

PLUS, it's probable that he'd be a CG creation and therefore could easily be thrown into the MCU film mix without having to worry about actor schedules.

I always saw him as one of Iron Man's main foes. Even showed up as his foe in IM's first novel "...and Call My Killer MODOK" back in the 70s.

MODOK would be perfect against SHIELD.. Fury, Widow, Hawkeye, or even introduce some new SHIELD agents.. Quasar would be good.. MODOK was created by AIM, so it's only right to have him in a movie that has a lot of SHIELD influance..

Except in other media he is often casted as a Iron Man villain. He appeared as a villain in the last two Iron Man cartoons and has never appeared in a Hulk cartoon. Frankly the Leader kinda makes MODOK redundant in Hulk's rogues gallery.

S.H.I.E.L.D

In the TV series, using the AIM organization as an evil mirror of SHIELD would be fitting, and MODOK could easily be a part of that.

Giving him a slow reveal through the season would also lessen the shock of seeing such a strange character in live action.

PLUS, it's probable that he'd be a CG creation and therefore could easily be thrown into the MCU film mix without having to worry about actor schedules.

Would MODOK really work on a TV budget though?

I voted Iron Man,since I always saw him as an Iron Man Villain.

I'm sure RDJ would have some great lines for him as well.:funny:

Except in other media he is often casted as a Iron Man villain. He appeared as a villain in the last two Iron Man cartoons and has never appeared in a Hulk cartoon. Frankly the Leader kinda makes MODOK redundant in Hulk's rogues gallery.

He's kind of like the Kingpin of Avengers villains. Kingpin has been in multiple Spidey cartoons, but his arch-rival is Daredevil, and he also has rivalries with the Punisher.

He's not truly a part of Iron Man's rogues gallery the way Mandarin or Titanium Man are. He's much more of a shared villain.

Last edited:
He's kind of like the Kingpin of Avengers villains. Kingpin has been in multiple Spidey cartoons, but his arch-rival is Daredevil, and he also has rivalries with the Punisher.

He's not truly a part of Iron Man's rogues gallery the way Mandarin or Titanium Man are. He's much more of a shared villain.

But since DD never got a cartoon, Kingpin has mainly appeared in Spidey cartoons. The only thing you can say about Kingpin and DD Kingpin did appear in the Daredevil movie and didn't appear in any of the Spidey movies. But regarding MODOK, in other media he is far more of an Iron Man villain then anyone else and the kids are going to care more about the cartoons then the comics.

But since DD never got a cartoon, Kingpin has mainly appeared in Spidey cartoons. The only thing you can say about Kingpin and DD Kingpin did appear in the Daredevil movie and didn't appear in any of the Spidey movies. But regarding MODOK, in other media he is far more of an Iron Man villain then anyone else and the kids are going to care more about the cartoons then the comics.

If your theory held true, Kingpin would've been in a Spider-Man film, not a DD film.

I'd say MODOK is primarily a Cap villain, though I want him to stay away from Cap on film, since am 12 tall floating head would sink a franchise that barely made a profit with it's first film.

for me modok has always been..

Cap > Hulk > IronMan > Deadpool

If your theory held true, Kingpin would've been in a Spider-Man film, not a DD film.

I'd say MODOK is primarily a Cap villain, though I want him to stay away from Cap on film, since am 12 tall floating head would sink a franchise that barely made a profit with it's first film.

The thing is though there are interesting Kingpin vs. DD stories then say Cap vs. MODOK stories, which is Kingpin is in a DD movie. Kingpin is DD's nemesis, can you say the same about Cap and MODOK or Hulk and MODOK?

Frankly I think MODOK is more of a sci fi character and Cap works best fighting more down earth villains who are involved in politics. Iron Man works best fighting over the type sci fi villains, then Cap does. That assumes MODOK would even work on the big screen, which I have some doubts about.

The thing is though there are interesting Kingpin vs. DD stories then say Cap vs. MODOK stories, which is Kingpin is in a DD movie. Kingpin is DD's nemesis, can you say the same about Cap and MODOK or Hulk and MODOK?

Frankly I think MODOK is more of a sci fi character and Cap works best fighting more down earth villains who are involved in politics. Iron Man works best fighting over the type sci fi villains, then Cap does. That assumes MODOK would even work on the big screen, which I have some doubts about.

while this is probably true... that is also an opinion. MODOK has been in a bad place of alot of cap comics

I'd like to see MODOK against Cap down the road.

Would like to see him in Cap but he might be too similar to Arnim Zola in terms of ridiculous villains with big heads

yeah... if modok is ever in a cap movie.. i really think it's going to be just a nod at him... like maybe Zola's robotic suit is named M.O.D.O.K.

You can't say that MODOK is Iron Man's main nemesis either.

Would like to see him in Cap but he might be too similar to Arnim Zola in terms of ridiculous villains with big heads

This is very true, and Arnim Zola is much more important to Cap's mythos than MODOK.

MODOK might work in a Deadpool movie. I can't take that design seriously

MODOK played by Ken Jeong in a Fantastic Four reboot as Dr. Doom's sidekick, inspired by Super Hero Squad.:hehe:

Bahahahahahahahahaha I can see it now thats actually hilarious dude. Ken Jeong as any villain is funny....

Ken Jeong as The Mandarin... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"