Monster as big as building....

ru8up75

Civilian
Reaction score
I just read where Raimi was giving direction to a crowd to look up and be scared of a big monster, the size of a building. Now I may be wrong but wouldnt the only villian to fit that be Mysterio.

ru8up75 said:
I just read where Raimi was giving direction to a crowd to look up and be scared of a big monster, the size of a building. Now I may be wrong but wouldnt the only villian to fit that be Mysterio.

It's called "using your imagination."

It's probably going to be Sandman as a massive tidal wave of sand coming down on people, or Green Goblin coming from the sky.

Every director uses it where people must make-believe what they see. :up:

NinjaTurtleFan said:

It's probably going to be Sandman as a massive tidal wave of sand coming down on people, or Green Goblin coming from the sky.

Well, he didn't say it started off as big as a buiding. He said it slowly grows to the size of the building, then proceeds to swipe at Spider-Man and chase after him.

Katsuro said:
Well, he didn't say it started off as big as a buiding. He said it slowly grows to the size of the building, then proceeds to swipe at Spider-Man and chase after him.

So it tells me it's Sandman as a massive tidal wave, or warping his arms into weapons.

Maybe Godzilla 98 is making a cameo appearance as the Lizard or maybe it could be one of Mysterio's illusions. Maybe it could also be a giant Spider-Slayer.

ru8up75 said:

It's most likely Sandman. One of his abilities is to be able to grow in size by collecting sand and incorporating it into his being.

There should be some really nice subtle scenes, like Sandy dropping sand that he has incorporated.

Even fanboys should be pleased with the effects.

It definitely sounds like Sandman, due to his molding skills.

Indeed, sounds like a hijink Sandman would pull.

NinjaTurtleFan said:

He said a monster as large as a building, not something flying around. Yes its Sandman.

Holy nipples I can't wait to see this movie. :(

Defo sand man and Goblin because on the front page it says 2 villans team up and kid nap a girl (Gwen) to lure spiderman.

And its on a construction yard. (Theres the q and a again;))

black_dust said:
Defo sand man and Goblin because on the front page it says 2 villans team up and kid nap a girl (Gwen) to lure spiderman.

And its on a construction yard. (Theres the q and a again;))
The Q and A said it was Venom and Sandman who kidnapped Gwen.

If Gwen is "the bait", then it has to be Sandman and Venom. If the film goes the way I think it will, Eddie knows that Gwen has a thing for Peter, so he'll use her as the bait to lure Spidey into his trap with Marko.

cmill216 said:
If Gwen is "the bait", then it has to be Sandman and Venom. If the film goes the way I think it will, Eddie knows that Gwen has a thing for Peter, so he'll use her as the bait to lure Spidey into his trap with Marko.

That just may actually be the most likely scenario, of course we'll have to wait and see.

I have to admit something:

I was a complete unbeliever when it comes to the Q&A. But now, I have converted. Too much going for it at this point. He said Sandman grows a lot. We have confirmation of this. He said the Sandman and Venom team up and use Gwen as bait. We have confirmation of this. The construction building battle? Check.

We even have slight confirmation (thanks to that picture of the Bugle with Spidey as a "Theif") that there will likely be an event in the underground subway (remember the caption about the quakes underneath the ground).

I'm a believer. And I was wrong. I'm man enough to admit that.

That fight will be sick. Since Venom isn't there as a stuntman in suit, I guess he's CGI.

Or they could have filmed his stunts on the soundstage, as well as mixing CG for the exterior NY shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"