Why, Raimi? Why?

My take is this; if they care so much about character, themes, and storylines, a battle between Peter and Harry (GGB 2) should have been what this movie is about...okay, and add a side villian like Sandman.

What I liked about the first two movies, is that there is only one bad guy...enough time to tell a credible story for each character....I am trying to stay positive, however I am worried this one will turn into a "Clooney Batman" type movie.

Darkmania said:
My take is this; if they care so much about character, themes, and storylines, a battle between Peter and Harry (GGB 2) should have been what this movie is about...okay, and add a side villian like Sandman.

What I liked about the first two movies, is that there is only one bad guy...enough time to tell a credible story for each character....I am trying to stay positive, however I am worried this one will turn into a "Clooney Batman" type movie.

*sigh*

I can't wait till May 4, 2007 arrives. Then some of your "worries" are going to be completely evaporated. Actually, those "worries" should have been evaporated by Comic Con.

cmill216 said:
*sigh*

I can't wait till May 4, 2007 arrives. Then some of your "worries" are going to be completely evaporated. Actually, those "worries" should have been evaporated by Comic Con.

Couldn't agree more with this statement.

ges681 said:
what about him kidnapping MJ. Topher hinted pretty strongly this weekend it was going to happen.
I think it's just normal Eddie that kidknaps her...Doesn't he abduct her in a cab or something :confused:

Aiden said:
I think it's just normal Eddie that kidknaps her...Doesn't he abduct her in a cab or something :confused:
that..would suck
flat out

When did Topher hint he would kidnap MJ. Though it was a great moment in the comics it would be redundant on film. I would prefer it if he just appears in the cab and scares the **** out of her to instill the fear of dread into her and thus Peter who should have already revealed himself to and gave the ultimatum for the final climax and destination and scares MJ to both psyche out Peter and force him to appear at the construction site where he and Sandman double team him....but a green fellow may come to Peter's aide.

That is how I hope it plays out though. And the battle royale ends with Harry dying a hero and Sandman defeated before that and it is just Spidey and Venom standing across from one another for one climatic showdown.

That would be the best way to play it out in my opinion with no damsel in distress in the scene either though.

tonytr1687 said:
That's why I blame some of the idiotic fans on this board and their annoying impatience when it comes to Venom. They're making six friggin' movies! There's plenty of time to include Venom in the future...but noooo. They're putting too many eggs in one basket with this one, and risk blowing their load before the franchise has even peaked. Where can you go after Venom? The only thing that can top him are Carnage and the Sinister Six and that would only equal five movies.

The uh casual fan doesnt want to wait until 2010 to get a glimpse of venom.:up:

DACrowe said:
When did Topher hint he would kidnap MJ.
someone asked Kirsten who her favorite villain to get kidnapped by was, then Topher said "Yeah, Kirsten...who? hmmm?" and then she said "Topher! You just gave away a big plot twist!"

DACrowe said:
When did Topher hint he would kidnap MJ.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23949

THE PANEL:

- The biggest slip at the panel come from Kirsten Dunst, who just loves to spit out spoilers. She was asked by a young girl which villain would she enjoy being kidnapped by the most. Kirsten "ummm..." and "aaahhh..."ed a few times. Topher cleared his throat, loudly. She goes, "You totally just gave something away!" The audience laughs and Topher repeats the question, "Who WOULD you want to be captured by?" Whoops. So, it's safe to assume Eddie or Venom abducts MJ in the movie. Thanks, Kirsten.

Lothy said:
Just curious...Do we actually know that to be confirmed someplace? Or is that just the current speculation going around? I'm not surprised at the first point, but rather your second one.
It pays to prepare you Venom-lovers out there. After all, many sources, albeit "shady", confirms that. Even the Q&A I think...

DSET said:
I strongly agree
Now that Topher seems to be doing a good job the only doubt I have on this film is the cluttering of villains and subplots they might throw into the storyline
3 seem's a bit much but a 4th might ruin it
But the way you describe it makes me feel a little better about the direction they’re taking this movie in.

I sincerely hope they show just a bit of Venom scenes and leave his main actions and plots for a fourth one. We all know Venom is by far the most anticipated spidey villain of them all and it would be a waste if all he gets is a movie with sandman and Harry. It would be unjustifiable that Ock and Goblin get they’re own movies and Venom doesn’t. It would be like making BB2 with Joker, Mr Freeze and poison Ivy. But Raimi is not a big Venom supporter so it’s possible that we wont see venom in the fourth

In 3, it sounds like the main actions and plots for Venom surround Brock himself. Which Raimi probably found a lot more interesting than a vengeful monster, particularly if he wasn't keen on Venom in the first place. But I find that kind of encouraging - it means we'll get another strong character.

I also suspect that we wouldn't see Venom in another movie, although it does sound like doors are being left open for it. And even then, I can't see Venom having 'his own' film after this, because we'd have seen the origin, and probably most of what he can do. I think they'd need a really good story to go with it and not just rehash what Venom does in this film, because story is what these Spider-Man films seem to be centred around. As Sam said when questioned about other Marvel characters, whoever's in a Spider-Man film would need something or someone to interact with, or some other kind of conflict to represent. I'd certainly be interested to hear some ideas on how Venom could be woven into future stories, though...

Venom's my fav. i hope he gets more time to really get under parker's skin like he likes to do.

unfortunately he'll probably die or seemingly perish at the end. that's usually the fate of anyone who learns peter's spidey in these films. booo...

pedro parkero said:
It pays to prepare you Venom-lovers out there. After all, many sources, albeit "shady", confirms that. Even the Q&A I think...

I guess I was just looking for more of a concrete source. I wouldn't consider myself a "Venom-lover" compared to others on this board I'm sure, but I do enjoy the possibilities he brings.

I guess it might prove useful then to prepare the more "classical" Spidey-fans for the possibility that he may not necessarily come and go as quickly as they'd like him to. ;)

Eddie Brock Jr. said:
that..would suck
flat out
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I remember it.

Remember those setpics of Kirsten in that White Shirt looking for a cab. Then we had the video of Tobey looking up at MJ's apartment and a cab goes speeding past and he looks at it as if he's just seen something. Then there was the second video (filmed on the same night) and Topher was on set as well and I think he got in the driver's seat of the cab...

Aiden said:
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I remember it.

Remember those setpics of Kirsten in that White Shirt looking for a cab. Then we had the video of Tobey looking up at MJ's apartment and a cab goes speeding past and he looks at it as if he's just seen something. Then there was the second video (filmed on the same night) and Topher was on set as well and I think he got in the driver's seat of the cab...
oh God no
that would suck

by the way: your sig is wrong, its 05/04/07, not 04/05/07

Eddie Brock Jr. said:
oh God no
that would suck

by the way: your sig is wrong, its 05/04/07, not 04/05/07
I think it is the Europe date! We in Germany also say 04/05/07

Silverdragon said:
I will see it many days earlier! In a press showing:)

You are lucky.

If brother (he is journalist of one of magazines about movies) of my friend let us go with him to see it in a press showing, it will be great :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"