Why, Raimi? Why?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by tonytr1687, Apr 6, 2006.

1. pedro parkero Registered

Well, yes, I may be one of the guys who feel that Venom really has no business appearing in this movie and should've been left out, but I also hate a waste as much as the next guy. If he's appearing here, then I hope he will pull his own weight in the story. I don't want him to turn into a third wheel (or something that can be left out) because if he did, then the movie wouldn't be solid, and I want my Spidey movies to be perfect...

And for the newbies out there, I'm talking about Venom, not Brock. I like what Brock brings to the table, but I don't think there's time enough in the movie for Venom, unless it's at least 2.2 hours, or they make a crapfest like X3...

And yes, I also believe that killing another villain, much a big star like Venom, is unnecessary.

I also think Venom is the only one of the Spidey characters that has the potential for a spin-off movie, because of the ridiculous fanbase. I admit he's cool visually, though somewhat boring personality-wise...

But like I said, too bad Brock's looking to die in this movie... :p

2. Aiden Registered

What he said

3. spideydave Registered

I personally believe this will be the best one. Since Alvin Sargent whos written some of the best scenes in the past films, who is an Oscar nominated writer, Is writing the whole script. Raimi did say Venom would be in the last half hour of the film. So its big enough for me! Just trust it you guys! Wait til the Full Trailer and wait for the film! Raimi likes to challenge himself with these movies. And thinks as an artist trying to better himself.

4. Mr. Vice Registered

Don't worry people, Spider-Man 3 will be 3 times better than Spider-Man 2 (no pun intended.)

5. TrueBeliever Excelsior!!

When I'd first heard Rami wasn't interested in Venom, I was upset. But after seeing his comments on the character and bringing him into the film on Yahoo (linked through the SHH front page), I understand what he was thinking.

He appreciated the sixties and seventies characters above what was offered for Spidey fans in the nineties. I can understand that. Those classic spidey villains had more character, in my opinion.

Now, I'm not saying Venom didn't need to be in this series. That'd be stupid. But Venom didn't have to come so early in the series. They're treating the franchise as if this is the last film and they needed to throw all their bombs into one spot, which worries me. What also worries me is the quote both Rami and Maguire stated, that they're concluding some story lines and if there are more stories to tell, they'll tell them. What's that supposed to mean?

I'm just saying they could've paced the stories out a little better, or followed Spider-Man continuity, things could've worked out just fine. I'm not sure of the original "sixties and seventies" continuity, but I know Lizard comes up before Venom.

Regardless, this will be a great film, I have no doubt about that. I just wonder how this will affect the following three films.

As always, I still say: "Sinsiter Six for Spider-Man 6!"

6. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Okay, I touched on this very same subject a while back (at least two months ago), so I'm just going to quote myself :-)D) with my views on this:

7. GoldGoblin Registered

^Maybe they could do the same thing with spidey,and make it where he has to tell his identity to the government,and if he doesn't comply,they send someone(a villain)to capture him.

Like Kraven,but then Dr.Connors turns into the Lizard in the movie.

8. TheVileOne Registered

It means that Spider-man 3 is NOT definitively the end of the movies or the characters as they are now.

9. How the hell can you do a Venom only movie and have a Villan throughout the entire picture. Spidey has to wear the suit... turn bad... get rid of the suit... and then you get a Villian. What do you suggest you fill the first half of the god damned movie with. I may be a NOOB but you are a complete dumbass. Think before you come up with this ****. Its Logical to have multiple Villians in a Venom Movie because you gotta have Spidey wear the suit to fight someone.

10. WTFimVENOM Registered

Why are ppl still complaining about Topher being Brock??? Why should Brock be played by somebody huge and muscle clad??? Brock didn't get ripped until after he got f***ed over by Parker and Spiderman!!! WTF?!?! Why are ppl complaining??

11. Galactical Galactic Magic

Look at the date this thread was made.

12. WTFimVENOM Registered

Im not the one who revived it, I say lets put this thing to death

13. Galactical Galactic Magic