Morrison's Multiversity

I bought it the morning it came out after leaving work and read it as soon as I got comfortable at home. I enjoyed it quite a bit but I was also pretty stoned. What I liked most was that there was a lot of Morrison poking fun at himself and not just his critics but it still maintained harmony with the overall story of the entire series. It was pretty cool to finally see where the comic book trap resides. It's like the video from The Ring in comic book form.

I still haven't picked up my copy, didn't get a chance to go to my comic shop, but I know my store is holding a copy. It's the one I was probably looking forward to the most.

I read it. I'm just wondering where this series is going. Is it heading into Convergence?

Well, there's only one issue left, so I doubt it.

Preview for The Multiversity #2 is finally here

MULTIV_Cv2_ds.jpg

MULTIV_Cv2_1_50_var_gallery_primary.jpg

MULTIV_Cv2_1_25_var_gallery_primary.jpg

MULTIV_2_1_gallery_primary.jpg

MULTIV_2_2_gallery_primary.jpg

MULTIV_2_3_gallery_primary.jpg

MULTIV_2_4_gallery_primary.jpg

MULTIV_2_5_gallery_primary.jpg

MULTIV_2_6_gallery_primary.jpg

Last edited:
Bumping this thread reminded me I finally got to read Ultra Comics. Yeah, I'm not super sure what to think of that one. After the last issue comes out I'm going to have sit down and read the whole thing as a whole, because I feel like I'm forgetting a lot of stuff about the series for some reason.

Surprised no one bumped this for the last issue. Just got it and finished reading it.

Eh, I don't know, didn't care a whole for it. Felt very much like a non-conclusion overall to me. I get the idea beyond it, the endless cycle of comic characters and archtypes in general (the event that never ends but is always arriving), but feels like Morrison let the meta take over a the actual fiction a good deal with this one. Thought this was handled better in Batman, Inc's ending and take on the whole idea. I plan to read it as a whole at some point, may get the collection. Might feel differently, and I've forgotten a lot of the previous issues honestly.

I haven't gotten around to reading the last issue. I missed a lot of issues so it would probably be a better decision to just wait for the collection. Unless of course most of the issues don't pertain to the main story all that much?

Nah, I would just wait then. You could probably skip some of the issues and still understand just Multiversity 1 & 2 (thinking specifically of The Just and Pax Americana since neither of them seem to have a direct impact on the base story, at least not that I could tell), but others are pretty essential, especially Thunderworld and Guidebook.

I think The Just, Pax Americana, and Thunderworld are the only issues I missed. I've read MV 1, SOS, Guidebook, Mastermen, and Ultra Comics. Were there any others besides MV 2?

Alright, maybe I'll take a trip to the comic store and just buy Thunderworld along with MV 2.

I picked up the first issues of Pax Americana and Mastermen. I didn't like Pax, though it had a Watchmen vibe I didn't really get what was going on with the story. I did like the Mastermen book though. I wouldn't mind checking that out once it's in a trade.

tumblr_moxfswPSyC1r986t6o1_400.gif

...and here I thought that Morrison was really done with DC superhero stories for quite some time outside of WW: Earth One. How naive of me lol

Who can blame him though. Those concepts were so amazing you can mine them for ages and still come up fresh. Hell I myself have been conceptualizing an Earth-20 story in my free time just for ****s and giggles.

I cannot wait for this and his return to Batman work.

I love the fact he's going OGN format so he can as crazy as he wants.

Glad to have him return to Batman. Very much looking to his Flash comic and really hoping Nazi Justice League is after that.

I'm really happy he's continuing. I loved all his takes on the Multiverse.

Great news. Though, I really wish he'd do a new Superman series or OGN.

Great news! Can't wait for his take on The Flash!

From what I saw on Bleeding Cool, Morrison won't be the only one writing Multiversity Too stories.

That makes sense. I think at one point Morrison said he hoped that others would use those one shots of Multiversity and create series around them, so him and a rotating group of writers and artists would make sense.

See that's why I love the story over continuity credo. "I have an idea for a great, great story!... But it doesn't fit into current continuity because of X reason, so... oh well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"