• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most butchered character in a Marvel film??

The Question said:
Thing is, I don't think they had his character down. At all. His motives were completely different. His emthods were completely different. Even his personality was different. Doom was never spoiled. He came from incredibly humble beginings. He was just arrogant. He's the type who always felt he could take on the world. I would have at least liked him to be more Doom like. As in, no powers, no company, and being driven by his blamming Reed for his accident, the death of his mother, and being pushed around most of his life until he finally pushed back.
Ah. I see what you mean there. But I still thought he had the whole "Don't you know who the f**k I am? I'M DOOM!" thing going...The way I view the movie, he's not damaged enough not to be redeemed in a future movie. I wouldn't call him butchered (like Typhoid Mary), just...left a little to be desired compared to what we're used to. I mean we're supposed to be in complete aw of this guy but his presence felt a little tacked on and "meh". Like this movie was more about the Fantastic Four and he was some throwaway villain...

...Nothing that can't be fixed in a sequel really. Just develop him as a character a bit more since the first one focused more on the Fantastic Four themselves (in a way this movie had the exact opposite of the problem Batman '89 had)...In short I think he was more dissapointing than butchered...*sigh* like Typhoid Mary.:(

Savage said:
Ah. I see what you mean there. But I still thought he had the whole "Don't you know who the f**k I am? I'M DOOM!" thing going...The way I view the movie, he's not damaged enough not to be redeemed in a future movie. I wouldn't call him butchered (like Typhoid Mary), just...left a little to be desired compared to what we're used to. I mean we're supposed to be in complete aw of this guy but his presence felt a little tacked on and "meh". Like this movie was more about the Fantastic Four and he was some throwaway villain...

...Nothing that can't be fixed in a sequel really. Just develop him as a character a bit more since the first one focused more on the Fantastic Four themselves (in a way this movie had the exact opposite of the problem Batman '89 had)...In short I think he was more dissapointing than butchered...*sigh* like Typhoid Mary.:(

Still, unless they somehow fix his botched origin with a retcon, I don;t see him being redeemed. The whole point of Doom, I always thought, was that he was a guy who the world had pushed around his entire life, so he decided to show the world that he could take anything. That's gone. Now he's just a crazy freak of nature.

The Question said:
Still, unless they somehow fix his botched origin with a retcon, I don;t see him being redeemed. The whole point of Doom, I always thought, was that he was a guy who the world had pushed around his entire life, so he decided to show the world that he could take anything. That's gone. Now he's just a crazy freak of nature.

Just like Ultimate Doom. Who also sucks.

But at least he's not a guy who lives with a bunch of hippies in tents and calls them in "subjects" because he got abused by his dad.

regalredstar said:
hard to say, just hope they don't butcher Galactus

Maybe they'll make him a rogue Russian general who wants to take over the world's oil or something.

Nick Fury. :eek:

I agree, who could possibly in their right mind allow David Hassellhoff the job, what kind of world do we live in where David Hasselhoff plays Nick Fury? people please think before we make these kind of mistakes again, that's like when they actually considered Leo Dicaprio to play Iron Man, we do not do this to such good superheroes people, we can not stand for this injustice, or allow it to go on any longer! STOP THE INSANITY!!!!:mad:

Bishop2 said:
Just like Ultimate Doom. Who also sucks.

But at least he's not a guy who lives with a bunch of hippies in tents and calls them in "subjects" because he got abused by his dad.

Oh, I think Ultimate Doom is much better than movie Doom. I mean, at least he wasn't some spoiled rich buisnessman, and actually hates Reed for making him into a freak instead of "stealing his girl."

I thought that was the reason he hated him in the movie?:confused: He didn't seem to really care that much when Sue left. Or I didn't notice anyway.

He didn't seem to care that he was a freak in the film. Besides, Ultimate Doom was just in a better written story than movie Doom, so that's a reason as to why I can stand him more aswell.

here is my top 3:

1. Doom
2. Incredible Hulk (not that his story was butchered, but the CG sucked)
3. Bullseye. (his bullseye in his forehead really bothered me)

Savage said:
I thought that was the reason he hated him in the movie?:confused: He didn't seem to really care that much when Sue left. Or I didn't notice anyway.

Put that on lazy scriptwriting. At first, there is animosity between Doom and Reed because of a romantic rivalry, which is bad enough in itself. That they forget about it later makes it even worst: why did they bother to change the character and his motivations in the first place?

Hulk, daredevil, elektra, rogue, shadowcat, wolverine, colossus, iceman, doom, typhoid mary, sabretooth, nightcrawler, toad, storm, king pin... well in other words... most of em...

jmao said:

How did they bucther The Hulk? He was exactly the same.

jmao said:
daredevil,

Again, exactly the same.

jmao said:

True.

jmao said:

How did they butcher her? She doesn't have the feisty flirtyness yet, but then most of the flashbacks to shortly after she got her powers show her being a good deal like she was in the movie.

jmao said:
shadowcat,

How can you butcher a character who only apears on the screen for about a minute and has no lines? :confused:

jmao said:
wolverine,

How did they butcher him at all?

jmao said:
colossus,

He had one line in the entire movie.

jmao said:

Was he as impish? No. But his characterization was more akin to his current comic characterization.

jmao said:

Very true.

jmao said:
typhoid mary,

Very true.

jmao said:
sabretooth,

He only had a few lines. And the ones he had, he seemed rather Sabertooth like. It's not butchering a character if they just don't get much screen time.

jmao said:
nightcrawler,

He was exactly the same as he was in the comics. How the hell was he butchered?

jmao said:

Besides his look being different, he acted and spoke how The Toad normally does.

jmao said:

She wasn't great, but I'd hardly call her butchered.

jmao said:

With the exception of being black, he was exactly the same as he was in the comics.

hulk isnt supposed to just be a big dumb thing... hes supposed to have personality and say funny ****
daredevil just looked stupid
rogue cant fly and she doesnt have her strength
shadowcat is supposed to be a ninja... and have all this **** going for her, but shes just a little kid in the movie
wolverine is supposed to be badass, and not make stupid comedic comments like "Dont get your panties in a bunch"
colossus is supposed to be russian, his story also changed completely, and he should be bigger
same with juggs, too small
iceman is too serious all the time... hes not supposed to be like that
sabretooth just disappeared...
nightcrawler isnt supposed to be such a wussy... and hes supposed to have a sense of humor
toad was just stupid... i hated him
storm is supposed to be from africa... she speaks perfect english...
king pin just looked horrible.. hes supposed to fat looking (even though he strong)... he didnt look fat at all

maybe they werent butchered, but theyre not true to the comics

jmao said:
hulk isnt supposed to just be a big dumb thing... hes supposed to have personality and say funny ****
daredevil just looked stupid
rogue cant fly and she doesnt have her strength
shadowcat is supposed to be a ninja... and have all this **** going for her, but shes just a little kid in the movie
wolverine is supposed to be badass, and not make stupid comedic comments like "Dont get your panties in a bunch"
colossus is supposed to be russian, his story also changed completely, and he should be bigger
same with juggs, too small
iceman is too serious all the time... hes not supposed to be like that
sabretooth just disappeared...
nightcrawler isnt supposed to be such a wussy... and hes supposed to have a sense of humor
toad was just stupid... i hated him
storm is supposed to be from africa... she speaks perfect english...
king pin just looked horrible.. hes supposed to fat looking (even though he strong)... he didnt look fat at all

maybe they werent butchered, but theyre not true to the comics
Actually, yes he is. He's a big, dumb, rage-a-holic! He talks every now and then but only says things like "Hulk smash". It's his catchphrase for christ's sake.

Daredevil...wow...His character was exactly the same...and you harp on the costume...

Where is Ms. Marvel in this movie for Rogue to gain her flight and super strength? Do you want her to shoot flames too?

Shadowcat started out as a kid...she didn't know all that ninja stuff from the get go.

Okay I'm going to stop right there because it seems all your criticisms are based on what the characters are like in current comics. By that logic Cyclops should be with Emma Frost in the movies right now and Iceman should not be able to go back to his human form and Wolverine should have all his memories. How long HAVE you been reading comics?

theres alot more to hulk than "hulk smash"
i dont care where ms marvel would be coming from in the movies, the fact is, rogue doesnt have the powers and thats that
just because i think i the characters should portray the current selves is cause thats what theyve been like for the longest time... and i dont know how you came up witht he conclusion that im talking about recent times... im sorry i probably havent been readingas much as you, sage... but its been about 10 years
to be honest i dont care whether you agree with me, its my opinion, and if you dont think hulk should say more than hulk smash, or that daredevil looks like he just escaped a s&m club, i still dont care... so shut up

and spidey-bat that was very insulting, go **** yourself

jmao said:
theres alot more to hulk than "hulk smash"
i dont care where ms marvel would be coming from in the movies, the fact is, rogue doesnt have the powers and thats that
just because i think i the characters should portray the current selves is cause thats what theyve been like for the longest time... and i dont know how you came up witht he conclusion that im talking about recent times... im sorry i probably havent been readingas much as you, sage... but its been about 10 years
to be honest i dont care whether you agree with me, its my opinion, and if you dont think hulk should say more than hulk smash, or that daredevil looks like he just escaped a s&m club, i still dont care... so shut up

and spidey-bat that was very insulting, go **** yourself
...so...shut up? ...Go **** yourself?...My my are you eloquent with your words.:o

Here's the way I see it. The characters you mentioned weren't butchered, they just weren't the way you wanted them to be. Everybody there (sans Doom and Typhoid Mary) have pretty much been that way at one point or another in the comics. They may not be your FAVORITE incarnations of the characters but the characters are there...And Kingpin was never fat. He is all muscle. Like those bodybuilders in the world's strongest man competitions with the big guts.

i said **** yourself to spidey-bat... cause he insulted me
and i said shut up to you cause i dont really care about what you have to say.. .but you just keep going... i dont care about the way you see it... youre just some guy online... that keeps arguing with me
i never said kingin was fat... i said hes supposed to LOOK fat... im perfectly aware that hes really strong and all that... i just dont think he was big enough...
ok so the characters dont fit the way i see em in the comics, so what... just because you say thats the way they were supposed to be? colossus was american in the beginning? and then later turned russian? no, im pretty sure thats not right

Don't tell me to shut up. I have the right to say what I want. If you don't care then don't respond. I feel like making a comment on MESSAGE BOARD then I'll make a comment. I find something odd about your views, I'm going to say something about it. It's up to you to reply or not and it's up to you if you want to reply in mature way or not (and I see you've chosen not to).

youre right, i shouldnt bother to respond

Man-Thing (sure,he looked creepy enough,but there was no origin of Ted Sallis becoming The Man-Thing
and that is why it sucks)
:down

dpm07 said:
Doom, Man-Thing, Thor (Ultimate Avengers DVD, and The Incredible Hulk Returns)
I agree with your comment on the Thor from the Incredible Hulk Returns tv movie. Thor was BUTCHERED!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"