• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Most butchered character in a Marvel film??

Warhammer said:
What sucks is that Doom had 1000x better treatment than Cyclops.
Cyclops was my favorite X-Man, so I was looking forward to him getting his on X2.

Unfortunately, It didnt happen. :(

Cyclops lacked screentime, but at least he was described acurately. There was nothing of Doom in the movie version of Dr. Doom.

Everyman said:
Cyclops lacked screentime, but at least he was described acurately. There was nothing of Doom in the movie version of Dr. Doom.

That's not true. They said he came from Latveria. That's one thing that they had in common. :p

Man-Thing I think. He (or it) only looked like Man-Thing but it wasn't the same character from comics.

Kingpin was also very badly done. He didn't even look like the original one. (;)) Elektra did go too well either. And, umm, Doom doesn't have superpowers. Okay, execs?

they shoud've had the electric bolts be one of his armors weapons[the taser from hell]

I was seriously disappointed with Dr. Doom. His origin was all wrong, his motives were wrong everything was just wrong. I understand that sometimes you have to update an origin (ie: Spider-Man) but there was really no need to update his. Doom's origin came mostly from his jealousy of Reed always being 1 better than him. There was nothing to update, people are jealous of others and do mean things to them all the time. Doom just took it to the extreme. :venom:

doom4.gif
<<<The real Doom.

Bishop2 said:
That's not true. They said he came from Latveria. That's one thing that they had in common. :p

Yes, but movie Doom had absolutely nothing of the original's Doom psychology. He did not behave the way the real Doom would behave either. And the romantic rivalry was cliché and out of character as well.

Exactly. If Sue went out with Doom for a while and then rejected him in the comics, he'd just tell her to go **** herself (in a much classyer and Doom like way) and find himself a new girl. Which would have taken him about a fraction of a second, because Doom is a pimp. And rich. And the ruler of a country full of hot European babes who follow his every comand.

Doomlee.jpg

Hail to the king, baby. :cool:

hard to say, just hope they don't butcher Galactus when he appears in an FF movie, also hope they don't butcher Franklin

regalredstar said:
hard to say, just hope they don't butcher Galactus when he appears in an FF movie, also hope they don't butcher Franklin

Is that a joke? Franklin has no character. :p

regalredstar said:

Start to prepare yourself psychologically: if Galactus is in it, he'll be butchered.

It is the same crew, and if they couldn't handle the monarch of Latveria, they certainly won't be able to deal with a demigod.

Mr Sensitive said:
Start to prepare yourself psychologically: if Galactus is in it, he'll be butchered.

It is the same crew, and if they couldn't handle the monarch of Latveria, they certainly won't be able to deal with a demigod.

*sighs* I know, but I can dream can't I?

I will admit that they created a cool character with Doom, but he just wasn't the Doom from the comics.

regalredstar said:
*sighs* I know, but I can dream can't I?

I will admit that they created a cool character with Doom, but he just wasn't the Doom from the comics.

I didn't think he was a remotely cool character. He was just a tool. I can't decide if I hate him or the Ultimate incarnation of Doom more. Both of them are pretty useless compared to the 616 Doom, one of the greatest villians ever created.

The Thing.
Doom.
The Kingpin.
The Punisher...
**** i could go on. I've been dissapoinetd with all Marvel films except Spider-man so far...sad.

Bishop2 said:
I didn't think he was a remotely cool character. He was just a tool. I can't decide if I hate him or the Ultimate incarnation of Doom more. Both of them are pretty useless compared to the 616 Doom, one of the greatest villians ever created.

I don't know, but we've got to remeber that comics and screenplay are two very different things.

~®®§

regalredstar said:
I don't know, but we've got to remeber that comics and screenplay are two very different things.

~®®§

In this precise case, screenplay was just an unmentionable übercrap.

To be fair, I'm looking forward to a "Director's Cut" of FF if they ever release one. If you look at the "Making Of" book for the movie, there are tons of scenes that are in there, complete with the full script AND photos of the scenes when they were filmed, that would've really fleshed out the characters a lot more and made it a lot better overall. Even Doom was a big more devious. Of course, you can't really make him NOT be a tool without getting a different, better actor, but still.

The way I see it everybody's gotta start somewhere. Doom may not have had the same origin, but he he had the same personality. He's vain, he's jealous very easily (believes he should be the best at everything), he's a spoiled brat. But he's smart. And that's what makes him dangerous. He did fine with the tools at hand imo. I wasn't expecting doombots and a nation of people at his whim in one movie just like I wasn't expecting Magneto to have Asteroid M and screwing around with earth's gravity or anything. As long as the core character is down, I'm good. Powers do not make a character.

...Although Marco Polo was a little weird, I agree. And he should have been less...casual about things. More outrage seething from him with eyes practically bulging through the mask would have been better. But hey, he proved to be a powerful foe who literally took out all the members of the Fantastic Four and it took some serious work to beat him alone. No grand scheme here.

...Eh. Guess I just don't get offended as easily as most comic book fans. I mean came home from Elektra thinking it was mediocre and sign on here to see "OMG! MY EYES! MY EEEYYYES!!" "*pukes*" "WORST MOVIE EVEEERRR!!!".

Savage said:
The way I see it everybody's gotta start somewhere. Doom may not have had the same origin, but he he had the same personality. He's vain, he's jealous very easily (believes he should be the best at everything), he's a spoiled brat. But he's smart. And that's what makes him dangerous. He did fine with the tools at hand imo. I wasn't expecting doombots and a nation of people at his whim in one movie just like I wasn't expecting Magneto to have Asteroid M and screwing around with earth's gravity or anything. As long as the core character is down, I'm good. Powers do not make a character.

Thing is, I don't think they had his character down. At all. His motives were completely different. His emthods were completely different. Even his personality was different. Doom was never spoiled. He came from incredibly humble beginings. He was just arrogant. He's the type who always felt he could take on the world. I would have at least liked him to be more Doom like. As in, no powers, no company, and being driven by his blamming Reed for his accident, the death of his mother, and being pushed around most of his life until he finally pushed back.

Savage said:
...Eh. Guess I just don't get offended as easily as most comic book fans. I mean came home from Elektra thinking it was mediocre and sign on here to see "OMG! MY EYES! MY EEEYYYES!!" "*pukes*" "WORST MOVIE EVEEERRR!!!".

I actually liked Elektra, but then, I very rarely enjoy the comic character, so I only went into it hoping it was a good standalone movie. I recognize the fact that it bears very little resemblence to the source, and I can make peace with that, yet sympathize with those who really like her comic incarnation and feel like they got screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"