Most butchered character in a Marvel film??

The Question said:
Wow. Do you have any idea what he's like in the comics? Sure, he was a clown in the past. But he's far from an irreverant jackass who's always being an ass. He's got a heart and a sense of responsibility, and he has learned when to shut the hell up. Ice Man in the movie was much more like how Ice Man in the comics is now. Levle headed, a nice guy, and responsible, but not without a sense of fun.
Eh. I'd say that was him before they went back to wearing costumes. Once the leather left, so did his maturity apparantly. Especially with this whole Lorna and Havoc love triangle.

Ya know, th' X2 Wolverine prequel had some good Sabretooth interaction. They shoulda worked that into th' flicks.

The Question said:
Well, they never said there was no history. They just never showed it. Remember, Wolverine in the movie doesn't remember anything before 15 years ago. He and Sabretooth could have been rivals for decades, but he wouldn't remember. You're right, more lines from Sabretooth would have been nice. But then, that's not reallu butchering him. It's just not really doing much with him at all.
They just underused him. But seriously they cannot make Wolverine villians anymore than cameos. If they did you'd complain that they are ignoring the true X-Villians. Remember Sabretooth is Wolverine's rival and his alone. Trying to make him anything more than just a cameo would either convolute the story with his origin or diminish the characters like Magneto and Mystique.

CoolAsICE said:
After seeing Daredevil on FX today, I'm gonna have to go with Bullseye. Good God, that was a bad character.

Honorable mentions:
Sabretooth (possibly worse than Bullseye)
Elektra
Mystique
Doom
Now that I think about it, I'll go with Elektra. They gave her Echo's origin, Raphael's fighting style & I don't know whose personality that was.

easily EASILY Dr. Doom!

marcopolodoom.jpg

ShadowBoxing said:
They just underused him. But seriously they cannot make Wolverine villians anymore than cameos. If they did you'd complain that they are ignoring the true X-Villians. Remember Sabretooth is Wolverine's rival and his alone. Trying to make him anything more than just a cameo would either convolute the story with his origin or diminish the characters like Magneto and Mystique.

First of all, in the movie he was a Brotherhood lackey, so the whole cameo thing doesn't work. If he would have just been going to collect Rogue for Magneto and that was the last we saw of him I could understand. But he was in every scene with the Brotherhood and was given a spot to be characterized. The Sabretooth they created in the movie was not just Logan's rival and his alone, he was taken too far into being a part of the Brotherhood, which I thought was a mistake. If they had kept him mercenary style, it would have avoided having to give him any true character because he really would be just following orders. But they didn't, they made him a *****.

Also, they did good with Magneto, but they really did diminish Mystique, if for no other reason than the ******ed ass scales on her body. It kinda ruined the whole seductive look she had before that was portrayed because of the crusty skin they gave her. *vomits* :eek:

Victor Creed said:
First of all, in the movie he was a Brotherhood lackey, so the whole cameo thing doesn't work. If he would have just been going to collect Rogue for Magneto and that was the last we saw of him I could understand. But he was in every scene with the Brotherhood and was given a spot to be characterized. The Sabretooth they created in the movie was not just Logan's rival and his alone, he was taken too far into being a part of the Brotherhood, which I thought was a mistake. If they had kept him mercenary style, it would have avoided having to give him any true character because he really would be just following orders. But they didn't, they made him a *****.

Also, they did good with Magneto, but they really did diminish Mystique, if for no other reason than the ******ed ass scales on her body. It kinda ruined the whole seductive look she had before that was portrayed because of the crusty skin they gave her. *vomits* :eek:

All TRUE!

Doom.

I'm not even going to put "Typhoid" from Elektra in the running, since I don't think she's remotely the same character, not even in name.

I've said it before in this thread, but this comic sums it up brilliantly:
31.jpg

:doom: Why???

Eh. I consider him one of the LEAST butchered characters compared to everyone else.

1) Dr. Doom
2) Storm (At least three appears to be getting her right! Go Halle!)
3) Iceman
4) Mary Jane Watson

Cyclops from X-Men and Elektra both got screwed pretty badly.

comicbookmaster said:
Wolverine-since when is wolverine taller than storm???

His height is the least of my concerns. They basically softened him up into a little cuddlebunny. Hugh Jackman plays him like a mildly scruffy guy with a really bad crush. Can you imagine the comic Wolverine ever having that dialogue with Jean at the campsite in X2, or crying "No, NO!" when he doesn't get to talk to someone about his past? Hells no.

I don't know who the most butchered Marvel character in a film is, but I know who got their character dead bang.

J. Jonah Jameson.

He was absolutely the JJJ from the comic books brought to life on the big screen.

Doom was bad, but I hope he's actually Doom in the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"