Most Emotional DC Movie Scenes?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
What are the DC Movie scenes that resonated with you the most emotionally? For me:

Jonathan Kent’s death - Superman: The Movie(1978)

“Why Do We Fall? So We Could Learn To Pick Ourselves Up” Alfred and Bruce scene - Batman Begins(2005)

“You Are My Son” scene - Man Of Steel(2013)

Jonathan Kent’s death - Man Of Steel(2013)

“I love You” - Wonder Woman(2017)

Last edited:
1. Superman II: Clark and Lois' talk just before the amnesia kiss.

2. Mask of The Phantasm: Bruce talking to his parents' graves.

3. Batman & Robin: "I Love You, Old Man"

4. The Dark Knight Rises: Bruce climbing out of the pit

5. Shazam: Billy meeting his biological mother

Absolutely Billy meeting his biological mother.

The Dark Knight ending gets to me for spiritual reasons.

I would also throw in the Alfred/young Bruce scene after his parents funeral in Batman Begins.

And virtually any scene with Linus Roache in Batman Begins. He was an unsung hero in that film. Great performance. His tenderness as a dad and a champion for social justice and then his death really created a wonderful picture of strength.

I really want to say some of the scenes from Man of Steel between Jonathan and Clark, but Snyder $&@)ed up the character of Jonathan so horrendously that I didn’t care.

Jonathan’s death in S:tm was sad, but the character, while great, didn’t have enough screen time to really get fleshed out to get an investment by the audience.

This scene feels like it belongs more in some indie drama than a 200 million dollar blockbuster. It's the quiet intimacy between these two men, the subtlety of the performances. Their heartbreak and desperation echo as much as their voices do in the halls of Wayne Manor.

Agreed on a lot of the ones mentioned thus far. For all my issues with Superman Returns, the scene of Clark getting the hell beaten out of him on that kryptonite island was pretty unsettling the first time. We hadn't seen Superman that depowered or helpless in a long time. Not since...what, when he gave up his powers and got beaten up at the bar in Superman II? But there, he was just Clark. The score, the aptly named "So Long, Superman" helped add to the scene.

I hated that Bruce deceived his father figure in TDKR, but this scene at the Waynes’ gravestones was sad to watch:

tenor.gif

Michael Caine’s Alfred also has some great moments in Batman Begins. Two specifically—when he comforts Bruce after his parents’ funeral and also at the climax when he echoes Bruce’s father’s words back to him, “why do we fall?”

The eulogy Alfred gave in TDKR is definitely the most emotional moment for me, and this post made a hattrick of saying that.

Rachel's death

Batman hunted for the murder of Harvey Dent

Batman's broken back

Mike Sullivan witnesses the corpses of his wife and younger son as he sees Mike jr sitting scared

Billy confronting his biological mother

Billy embracing his new family (happy is emotional too)

Flash saving everyone

Superman saving Lois and the Helicopter always brings me tears of joy, best superhero introduction ever

Harley crying after hearing her team came to her rescue (the movie isn't out yet, but I'm counting this moment anyway)

Last edited:
Have to agree with Bruce saying goodbye to Alfred and Billy confronting his mother. Have no doubt that David Sandberg is going to wreck us again in Shazam 2.

For me it's any time that sad piano cue starts up in the TDK trilogy. The one that's played when Gordon comforts Bruce in the police station and after the Waynes' funeral in BB, after Rachel's death and again later after Harvey's death in TDK, when Alfred is pouring his heart out to Bruce in TDKR in the Batcave telling him that he wanted a better life for him. Also in TDKR, the scene where Alfred quits and his heartbreaking moment at Bruce's "funeral".

This scene feels like it belongs more in some indie drama than a 200 million dollar blockbuster. It's the quiet intimacy between these two men, the subtlety of the performances. Their heartbreak and desperation echo as much as their voices do in the halls of Wayne Manor.

That scene breaks my heart every time I watch it. just so well acted and directed.

This one is relatively small and goes unnoticed, so I'll post it. No words spoken and none needed.

That scene is a great example of Nolan's efficiency in storytelling. Without any dialogue, in one less than a minute scene, we understand Harvey's pain through Aaron Eckhart's amazing and honestly underrated performance. Such an accomplishment with that character arc.

That scene is a great example of Nolan's efficiency in storytelling. Without any dialogue, in one less than a minute scene, we understand Harvey's pain through Aaron Eckhart's amazing and honestly underrated performance. Such an accomplishment with that character arc.
Yup. It's an outstanding scene and overall I think Eckharts performance doesn't get nearly enough credit as it should. The downfall of this character is one of my all time favorite arcs in a movie series.

Superman's saying goodbye to Lois - Superman Returns

Superman tearing up after Lois said she didn't love him and he flies off - Superman Returns

Superman's speech to Jason - Superman Returns

Superman dying - Batman v Superman

Superman after the capital explosion - Batman v Superman

Superman's First Flight - Man of Steel

Superman's second flight - Zack Snyder's Justice League

Jor'El's speech - Superman: The Movie

Billy Batson's mother - Captain Marvel.

Batman's goodbye talk with Gordon. That part where he's talking about Gordon putting his coat on him to let him know the world wasn't ending was touching.

Last edited:
when Superman gets to Lois to late and finds her dead. When he puts her on the ground hes so gentle with her and then he just cry's out.

it just gets me when i see that.

There are many for me, but for it's sheer impact on me, Superman's Death from 'You are my World' onwards, kills me, no matter how many times I see it.

Also all 3 of Gordon's closing narrative pieces from TDK series, especially, the line 'I never said thank you' / '...and you'll never have to'.....which in one sentence, manages to encapsulate a relationship of two men and their city.

I hated that Bruce deceived his father figure in TDKR, but this scene at the Waynes’ gravestones was sad to watch:

tenor.gif

Michael Caine’s Alfred also has some great moments in Batman Begins. Two specifically—when he comforts Bruce after his parents’ funeral and also at the climax when he echoes Bruce’s father’s words back to him, “why do we fall?”

I re-watched the ending on youtube the other day. All these years later and that scene still hits me right in the feels. Michael Caine is a beauty.

People may laugh at this one, but I actually got a little choked up with Diana saying goodbye again to Steve in WW84. I thought it was a very well done scene.

Also I echo other people sharing Superman seeing Lois dead in Superman The Movie.

I also really like the Harvey scene in TDK when he realizes Rachel is dead.

One scene though that surprisingly never landed with me was in Man of Steel when Jonathan Kent tells Clark he still is his son. Its a reference to a scene in the Superman: Secret Origins comic which I recall made my soft ass tear up. However something was missing for me when Zack translated it to screen.

ag7udv0ct5001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"