Movie problems

heyimlew

Civilian
Reaction score
Does anyone else have a bad feeling that this movie may have bad box office success or (worse) go direct to DVD? I don't know what it is about what I've been hearing about this film, but something reminds me of the horrendous Man-Thing movie.

Does anyone else have a bad feeling that this movie may have bad box office success or (worse) go direct to DVD? I don't know what it is about what I've been hearing about this film, but something reminds me of the horrendous Man-Thing movie.

It already has a theatrical release date, and it's on a day where it has no competition.

There's nothing about War Zone that could possibly remind me of Man-Thing. Although I had no problems with Man-Thing, I thought it was decent campy fun. But come on! It was a B-grade monster movie! War Zone is going to be a vigilante masterpiece!

I'm also confident that it will do better than the previous Punisher movie box office-wise. I think $70 million domestic is a realistic goal. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not an expert when it comes to the US box office.

Um..... Man-Thing was a TV movie made for the Sci-Fi channel.

I cant see this doing too well at the BO for some reason, if its good, i hope it does, but, i dunno, i cant see it doing very well.

What is the budget for the movie though? It may not have to do that well to get a sequel.

I cant see this doing too well at the BO for some reason, if its good, i hope it does, but, i dunno, i cant see it doing very well.

What is the budget for the movie though? It may not have to do that well to get a sequel.

In the forums on RAW studios site, Tim Bradstreet mentioned the budget being $12.5m. Whether it actually is or not, i have no idea, it seems awfully little considering the budget for 'o4 punisher was $30m. Hensleigh said that the actual filming budget turned out somethin like $17m. So $12.5m to start seems like nothing. (unless anyone out there is acutally handing out that kinda money, in which case i'll take it).

Um..... Man-Thing was a TV movie made for the Sci-Fi channel.
Actually, it was going to be theatrical. But things changed and Sci Fi bought up the television rights.

If seeing the guns is any indication of the movie.... yes I have a bad feeling about this movie. I'm still not sold on micro being added to the franchise either. We all saw what adding Robin to the Batman franchise did. But hey maybe if this one bombs a better movies company will get the rights and make a kick *** restart like Batman Begins.:hoboj:

This is the 3rd restart already, I figure there must be a point where they can it for good.

If seeing the guns is any indication of the movie.... yes I have a bad feeling about this movie. I'm still not sold on micro being added to the franchise either. We all saw what adding Robin to the Batman franchise did. But hey maybe if this one bombs a better movies company will get the rights and make a kick *** restart like Batman Begins.:hoboj:

He's not a sidekick, he's just some dude who supplies the Punisher with his weapons.

So when is it set to release? or did they push it back

He's not a sidekick, he's just some dude who supplies the Punisher with his weapons.
The Punisher IS a weapons expert so why would he need anyone to supply him? Kind of takes away from the gruff and tuff solo anti hero. If I see guns and rocket launchers ejecting from the Battle Van in the trailer that tells me to stay out of theaters. If it was a Marvel MAX story like they claim there would be no micro, no fancy crap, just basic kill all the bad guy action Frank Castle style. Just my thoughts...:whatever: :woot:

If I see guns and rocket launchers ejecting from the Battle Van in the trailer that tells me to stay out of theaters.

Like they even have the budget for that. :whatever:

You're too focused on one little minor detail.

The Punisher IS a weapons expert so why would he need anyone to supply him? Kind of takes away from the gruff and tuff solo anti hero.

It didn't make Blade any less of a bad ass in his films. (The first two at least)

Whistler added texture to those movies and I'm sure Micro will as well.

Yeah, but Frank works best as a character when he is alone. Just a man with only his madness and obsession, no real human connection.

Yeah, but Frank works best as a character when he is alone. Just a man with only his madness and obsession, no real human connection.

I would agree but you need something general audiences can relate to. An obsessive nut mowing people down for two hours won't cut it. Fans know his complexities but this movie isn't just for fans. Blade wasn't exactly a warm and loving character. He remained grim and cold but his interaction with Whistler and others allowed the audience to connect with the character. Trying to control his madness and obsession with some sort of human connection sounds interesting to me.

He is like that, but look at every single story arc in the MAX series so far. All of them have some kind of supporting character(s). The only ones that I can think of that didn't were the Barracuda ones.

I am waiting to see how much Rambo 4 makes opening weekend. If Rambo 4 makes a decent amount it will kind of show that people want that hardcore visceral action again.

Only problem is, if it doesn't make a lot it could just be because people think of Rambo as old news.

As long as this new Punisher doesn't have any hardcore competition, I think it will do fine.

I am waiting to see how much Rambo 4 makes opening weekend. If Rambo 4 makes a decent amount it will kind of show that people want that hardcore visceral action again.

Only problem is, if it doesn't make a lot it could just be because people think of Rambo as old news.

As long as this new Punisher doesn't have any hardcore competition, I think it will do fine.

i dont think it does

THe only problem with the Punisher: War zone that would make people not want to see it would be that alot of people who have seen the 2004 version ( and didn't like it) and assume that this is a sequel.

All I can say is they better show something that will empress the hell out of me in order to even think about going into a theater to watch this. Too much of a Marvel MAX fan. I never liked the other comics for the Micro charecter. I liked the more realistic settings, weapons, and stories.:whatever:

The first official photograph they released wasn't inspiring. We'll have to wait and see for more.

My problem with the film is that it's using superhero conventions that I don't really care for. In my opinion, a Punisher film would work best depicting him as a rogue vigilante with no main villains. You can build up a very disturbing film with ultra-violence and psychological issues galore as a platform. Instead, they're giving us Jigsaw (a write-off villain with angst from the older comics) and Microchip as an ally so Castle isn't seen as a complete nutjob. I really don't know what I think about that. One wrong move, and this movie goes from Taxi Driver on 'roids to Hensleigh's Punisher but with more gore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"