Movie Sequel Villain Poll?

The gods returning in some form feels to me more like something that might happen in the 3rd movie of a trilogy.

I chose Circe but wanted to choose both her and Cheetah because I like the idea of Circe being responsible for Barbara becoming Cheetah and blaming Diana for not saving her.

I'm just wondering how that would work though. Patty Jenkins wants the sequel to take place in the United States. And all the gods had been killed long before the United States existed.
To me it would seem silly to resurrect them all and have them rampaging through the streets of New York or Metropolis or Gotham, or whatever part of the United States the movie takes place in.

I don't follow honestly.

A common complaint of the movie is that it has lackluster villains, which is fine - it's more important they got WW herself right in her first movie.

But I do hope in the sequel we can put to rest the idea that WW has no good/interesting villains in her rogues gallery. Make the Cheetah (or whoever) a household name like Lex Luthor and The Joker.

It was brought up in the BB/MOS/WW comparison thread but I thought I'd bring it up here... There are definitely parallels that can be drawn between BB and WW and their villains.

Ares=Ras Al Ghul
Dr Poison=Scarecrow

The first pairing have similar ideologies and even have that plot twist reveal in common while the latter were secondary villains who used chemical warfare to terroize those who opposed them. So if the parallels continue, and I hope they do, this what I hope we get:

Circe=The Joker
Cheetah=Two Face

The first pairing is the villain that pushes our hero to their limit and for all intents and purposes is their polar opposite. The latter pairing is the close ally that turns to the dark side due to tragic circumstances likely caused by the first villain (ie Joker/Two Face).

The third film could be a family feud type with the gods who survived and the children Ares likely sired (Deception, Deimos, Eris, Phobos, First Born? Cassie?) What do you think?

Last edited:
What do you think?

I think you presented some interesting ideas and comparisons.

I'm skeptical that the 2nd movie will focus on something like the gods fighting among themselves, simply because I think the sequel will probably be very grounded in Diana's exploration of the modern world and human nature.

That is a more natural progression at this point, imho.

So I agree with you that the gods returning in a big way might fit better in a Part 3.

I'm not sure about Circe for the sequel. I feel like she might come across as too similar to Ares: a god manipulating mortals.

I think analogizing Circe and Cheetah to Joker and Two Face is cargo cult "logic", based far more in a desire for another TDK level success than any actual properties of the characters. Which is to say, trying to force them to mimic rolls from Dark Knight is a terrible idea that would bring nothing but ruin to the franchise.

If WW is going to have a high quality sequel, its needs to be a high quality *Wonder Woman* sequel. Not a recasting of "The Best of Nolan".

It's worth noting that this film actually has three characters who can be said to fill the villain role. However, in a sense, none of them really do, because a core idea of the film is that there really is no singular villain. No mastermind who is responsible.

So, I think developing that idea further, or considering how it might play out in the modern world, might be a good place to start for thinking about a sequel's storyline.

Last edited:
Perhaps take as a theme "evil is error". People aren't born bad, they just make mistakes, and act out of weakness, until they end up in places where doing terrible things to other people seems like a good idea. Hence Diana trying her best to get people second chances, show them the error of their ways.

Of course, the other side of the coin could be, this is what Diana believes. Doesn't mean its *always* true- and how she deals with someone who doesn't appear to be motivated by error and weakness could be a thing. I'm not sure I really want to see Dr Psycho, though, and he's the obvious choice for this role.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fausta Grables (the woman from whom Diana stole that blue dress for the gala) return again. But you know who they should've gotten to play instead of the actress Rachel Pickup?

They should've gotten Alison Doody

Alison-Doody:-2016-Oscar-Wilde-Awards--02-662x978.jpg

That's what she looks like today. She still looks great for her age (she's 50 now). She played Elsa Schnieder, the art professor who sided with the Nazis in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. She would've been a great nod to that franchise, and she looks like Fausta Grables already. Don't know if they'll ever follow through on her character, as she was one of the characters from WW's WWII setting, and also in the WW TV series episode "The Nazi Wonder Woman"

Wonder-Woman-Easter-Egg-Fausta-Grables.jpg

Her scene in the WW movie could've been her in her pre Nazi period.

This is the actress we did get:

1024x1024.jpg

I say they should bring back "The Mask", comp;ete with green dress and harlequin glasses ! (Snicker !)

I want Diana to actually fight someone physical next time round. No more of this big monster like Doomsday or someone fire blasts like Ares. I want a physical all-out brawl. Either someone like Cheetah or Giganta, although Giganta might end up too much of an effect as well, which means less of actual physical contact in real life where there is a proper choreographed fight.

I'm not so keen just to see a huge CG battle that used lots of green screens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"