The Winter Soldier Who should be in the villain in the Captain America sequel?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Who should be in the villain in the Captain America sequel? I'm going to limit the poll options for villains who are not scheduled to appear in the first movie, but you select "Other" and write them in your posts.

I think Zemo is Captain Americas 2nd greatest Villian next to Red Skull of Course so I vote him.

I'd say Baron Zemo is the best choice. You could use someone like Crossbones on top of Zemo, also. But, Zemo would be the best main threat.

lets hope Red Skull survives...though doubtful

I'd like to see the Red Skull come back in the 3rd movie. End the trilogy of solos with him. Maybe have Winter Soldier in it, too.

Wow I'm not really familiar to the Captain America villains but I could see Red Skull in the 2nd one, I think he's going to be like Magneto who appears in every movie.

I agree with Spider Fan on a Skull/ Zemo/ Skull trilogy.

I'd like to see Crossbones and Sin as supporting characters at some point. Maybe Doctor Faustus too if they can work him into the movie without making it feel overstuffed.

First movie - Red Skull
Second movie - Baron Zemo
Third movie - Winter Solider

The sequel should be a combo of Winter Soldier and Crossbones w/Sin. They should just follow the Brubaker comic. Then for the third you bring in Zemo with Red Skull revealing he is alive and behind everything that has occured.

The cool thing about having Crossbones as a henchman is we will get treated to him having a knock-down-drag-out-fight with Cap! :word:

I'd def have the villains be (the return of zola) and either Strucker or Zemo (i also wouldn't object to them making a hybrid of Zemo and Strucker (similar to what they did with Whiplash(combo of whiplash, and crimson dynamo)

I think he should fight Baron Zemo, throw in Crossbones as a sort of enforcer and anti-Captain America. Taskmaster, alternately, would be a really, really awesome enforcer type, especially since he can conflict with Zemo and be more than just an anti-Cap, but really seem formidable. He can still be as nasty and gritty as Crossbones, and he even still has the skull-face theme.

Set up Winter Soldier for the threequel.

I think it should be

CA2.. Zemo/Crossbones
CA3.. Winter Soldier/ Red Skull

I would rather see Red Skull just come back in Cap 2. As cool as someone like Zemo is, the Red Skull and Cap have unfinished business and I would like to see it resolved in Cap 2.

I agree that the red skull should come back for the sequel.

For the sequel i'd like to see:

Zemo running Hydra with either MODOK (as head of the R&D branch of Hydra, or AIM) or Crossbones as henchmen (maybe both). During the course of the movie, we find out what happened with Skull and that he's back running Hydra by proxy. Taking back over Hydra toward the end, probably after Cap lays waste to Zemo and his plans. After Zemo is defeated, MODOK breaks AIM off into its own group. After credit reveal regards The Winter Soldier, Skulls solution to breaking Cap once and for all.

Third movie would be Winter Soldier and whoever wasn't used out of Crossbones/MODOK from the second movie. Maybe even bring in Strucker as Skulls new right hand. Winter Soldiers warm ups would be to bring AIM down and capture MODOK if he did betray Skull by leaving, which would get Shield and Caps attention, just as Skull plans.

Something like that anyway. I know many don't think MODOK can work but I think its just a matter of rethinking his design and look. I am assuming we wouldn't see a giant floating face. Also Viper and Sin are good backups as well. Maybe even Madam Hydra.

Last edited:
Oh man I wish this was multiple choice. I'ld love to see Sin in the next one with the Serpent Squad and maybe Alexander Lukin mixing it up in the front seat to whet the appetite for a sequel.

If HYDRA doesn't return in The Avengers, then I'd want to see them re-emerge in Cap 2, with Von Strucker and Madam Hydra (Viper) as the leaders. And maybe Baron Zemo (the younger) joining them.

If HYDRA doesn't return in The Avengers, then I'd want to see them re-emerge in Cap 2, with Von Strucker and Madam Hydra (Viper) as the leaders. And maybe Baron Zemo (the younger) joining them.

i'd honestly save Viper for the inevitable Nick Fury/SHIELD movie.. i mean... who else are they going to fight besides Viper and Hydra?

i'd honestly save Viper for the inevitable Nick Fury/SHIELD movie.. i mean... who else are they going to fight besides Viper and Hydra?

Sure. But given that the MFU has reinvented HYDRA for the WWII era, it seems obvious that a modern incarnation of the terrorist group is bound to attract the utmost attention of the guy who made his career fighting these guys back in the 40s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"