MoviePass, Sinemia, A-List & Beyond - Subscription Theatergoing

The dude at AMC chewed me out for using Moviepass the other day. I was like, bro...your job is to tear my ticket, not give me your peanut gallery opinions.

That's why I always use the kiosks. I know MoviePass is totally on the level, but I still have this nagging feeling that the theaters hate me for using it. :funny:

I did use the kiosk, but they got people standing like right next to the things waiting to tear the stub. All up over my shoulder and ****. He was like one of those typical Reddit dorks like, "using Moviepass huh? Giving away money to the studios that's not even technically yours." Jesus.

I think I just project all the sass the head of AMC has given toward MoviePass onto the rest of the AMC employees. You can just tell he wants nothing to do with this damn service, lol.

Yeah, I always use the kiosk anyways. But I had a couple of times where I had to go to the box office and they were cool about it. Granted they're Cinemark and not AMC, but I haven't had any bad looks for using Movie Pass.

Yeah, it's not really a thing, just in my head (and apparently with a few select employees like the one Terry encountered). I have had to use the box office once or twice, there were no looks.

I did use the kiosk, but they got people standing like right next to the things waiting to tear the stub. All up over my shoulder and ****. He was like one of those typical Reddit dorks like, "using Moviepass huh? Giving away money to the studios that's not even technically yours." Jesus.
You sure that wasn't a manager? I can't imagine any employee would give a damn. I would've reported the *****e. Your ticket is as fully paid as any other customer in that facility, it's none of their business how/where your funds are sourced.

It really isn't their business. That card is the reason I'm there and can even afford your overpriced food these days. If i don't have to hear that from Alamo Drafthouse or Regal people i don't have to hear it from whiny AMC people.

They have overpriced food because they are getting maybe 10-25% of every ticket bought in the first few weeks of a movie's release. Everything else (that 75-90%) goes to the studio. They wouldn't be able to stay in business if not for that. And the studios still squeeze them even though it is in their best interest to let theaters earn enough to actually exist.

That's why I always use the kiosks. I know MoviePass is totally on the level, but I still have this nagging feeling that the theaters hate me for using it. :funny:

I only had a reservation using it the first time with the "will this work" anxiety. Since then, it is like a credit card to me. If anyone gives me a dirty look or says something snarky to me about my MoviePass, well good thing I can talk trash and throw snark like a professional, LOL! I will also not feel so bad for leaving popcorn everywhere :hehe:

More bad news for MoviePass.

MoviePass just limited 'unlimited' movie watching in a huge way

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/moviepass-just-limited-unlimited-movie-watching-in-a-huge-way/

Bad news for all of you who're angling to binge-watch Avengers: Infinity War in theaters this weekend using your MoviePass app.

The $9.95 monthly subscription service, known for letting you watch as many movies in participating theaters as you want, just added a big, fat limit to its terms: You can now watch the same movie only once, not over and over again.

The company's support website says:

We recently updated our Terms of Service to reflect that MoviePass subscribers are only permitted to see a select movie in theaters once with your MoviePass. We hope this will encourage you to see new movies and enjoy something different!

MoviePass didn't immediately respond when we asked why the company made the change.

Cvd0uvn.jpg

I already got the new update and it sucks.

LOL, so what the heck is going on?

Is MoviePass going under or not?

It's garbage like this along with the subscriber data and also only at select theaters that make me incredibly cautious on buying into this gimmick.

MoviePass....they are pissing me off with these sudden rules that pop up out of nowhere. And their explanation for not allowing multiple viewings of the same film are weak.

What? That they have the right to change the rules when they please?

Because other then that it doesnt help that they come up with new rules out of nowhere.

LOL, so what the heck is going on?

Is MoviePass going under or not?

It's garbage like this along with the subscriber data and also only at select theaters that make me incredibly cautious on buying into this gimmick.
I mean there's literally nothing to lose when you're on the month-to-month plan. You can cancel at any point the rules don't agree with you. I'm glad I signed up before all these extra rules because I've seen SO many free movies since I got mine. And will continue to do so. It has saved me a TON of money. Can't argue with those results. Honestly, the longer people wait, the more they miss out on, since they keep adding rules. Eventually it will reach the point where it's not worth it, but until it does, I intend to milk this service for all it's worth, for as long as I can.

I don't give a ****, I'll buy a ticket for Sherlock Gnomes and walk into Infinity War again if I want. They ain't checking stubs like that.

Thought this would apply only new to new subscribers for the time being but mine isn't allowing me to watch the same film twice. ********.

Eh, people can just use their MoviePass to get tickets for something else and walk into Infinity War. They'll still have their stub to take pictures of, so there's nothing to prevent this. This is just gonna cost Disney at the end of the day, imo.

Eh, people can just use their MoviePass to get tickets for something else and walk into Infinity War. They'll still have their stub to take pictures of, so there's nothing to prevent this. This is just gonna cost Disney at the end of the day, imo.

Not sure what you mean. We'd still have to take a picture of the ticket stub which have been doing it for a couple of months so if I'd upload the stub from a different from the movie I checked in for then I'm risking losing my membership. Unless I'm missing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"