MTV Movie Awards

warhorse78

Sidekick
Reaction score
I usually could care less about these, but I was just curious about the nominees this year, and I was so surprised to see actually good movies being nominated, and no Twilight. About freaking time. Looks like the movie with the most noms to be Django Unchained.

Out of the nominated villains, I'd have to go with Javier Bardem in Skyfall.

The MTV Movie Awards have been pretty lame in recent years, but I've been expecting them to be a lot better these next three years. With the movies we'll be getting, I don't see how the awards couldn't start to get interesting again.

I'll be keeping my eye out for the best female performance and best musical moment categories.

Because the cool and hip movies are actually good from this past year.

I love these awards because they nominate films that the academy usually passes up just due to their genre alone which is beyond me. But, these awards oddly give me hope lol.

I just checked the noms. I'm surprised that Breaking Dawn Part 2 wasn't nominated for anything. That means I might actually watch it for the first time in four years.

Rebel Wilson is like the female version of Russell Brand lol

I remember reading an article about how the Twilight fans raised hell because Twilight was shut out especially for the Best Kiss. The outrage was hilarious. :lmao:

I have always enjoyed the MTV movie awards mainly cause they are not as serious as say Oscars or Golden Globes. how can you not like an award show that has awards like "Best Scared As S***t Performance" or "Best WTF Moment"?

The actual awards hold no weight in my mind, but the award shows are usually good for a laugh or two.

The people that are nominated and win are actually pretty good about it and appreciate it for the most part, even the ones that seem more suited for Oscar caliber. It would be surreal as hell if someone like DDL actually won something and showed up to accept.

CATEGORIES

Movie of the Year
Best Male Performance
Best Female Performance
Best scared
Breakthrough
On-Screen Duo
Shirtless
Fight
Kiss
WTF
Villain
Musical moment
Hero

WHO I WANT TO WIN
Avengers
Jamie Foxx
Emma Watson (haven't seen Silver)
Jessica Chastain
Eddie Redmayne
Robert & Mark
Channing Tatum
Avengers
Emma & Logan
Skyfall
Skyfall
Les Miserables
Hulk

WHO IS LIKELY TO WIN
Silver Linings Playbook
Bradley Cooper
Jennifer Lawrence
Jennifer Lawrence
Eddie Redmayne
Bradley & Jennifer
Channing Tatum
Avengers
Jennifer & Bradley
Pitch Perfect
Django Unchained
Les Miserables
Hulk

Predicting moments that people will talk about after:

Bradley and Jennifer pretend to kiss on stage
Channing Tatum takes his shirt off or pretends to then stops teasing those in the audience

Last edited:
You already know Lawrence will be there tonight if she is nommed.

Emma Watson is there, thus I am watching.

Game of Thrones is on at the same time, so this gets the backseat.

Will watch it because it usually a fun show (not for the awards themselves) and for the Hunger Games Trailer.

I'll be too busy watching paint dry.

I doubt Lawrence will be there because she could still be shooting David O. Russell's new film. I'm going to watch because it's fun background fodder and I want to see the Catching Fire teaser. I like Rebel Wilson but hosting a award show is such a thankless job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"