BvS Music choice for first trailer?

Zack Snyder and Hans Zimmer should get Lorde for this movie's soundtrack. Tell me a song like this wouldn't fit nicely with this movie.
[YT]tiwcfA4fNx4[/YT]

:up:

now THAT'S how you start off at Batman v Superman trailer

nice pick Hazarddudette

Thanks. It's been playing in my head for a while and it's just downright perfect for a teaser showcasing this throwdown.

Truth be told I really want a taste of what Zimmer may give us in the teaser, and second trailer. That being said, this would be nice.

This is a cover of SATURDAY NIGHT'S ALRIGHT (FOR FIGHTING) by THE WHO.[YT]f-dEuGpFW0Y[/YT]

Though I admit it might make a better choice for the JL film teaser.

Last edited:
As much as I love the Origins soundtrack, I still cant believe how much of a copy it is from TDKT.

Which is funny considering most of the Origins score was lifted from Christopher Drake's own Dark Knight Returns score, which in of itself lifted from TDKT.

Chris Drake was pretty great with both Origins and the Dark Knight Returns animated features, would love for him to get a crack at the cinematic Batman.

As well as the guy who scored Arkham City, but his name escapes me right now.

The duo that's known as THE TRACK TEAM could probably come up with a nice original piece for a 2 to 3 minute trailer.

Which is funny considering most of the Origins score was lifted from Christopher Drake's own Dark Knight Returns score, which in of itself lifted from TDKT.

I love The Dark Knight Returns score so much.

Hans Zimmer mixed with some Gucci Mane.

I don't particularly like this, but it sets the tone so here's the instrumental.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2bQp9TnIiNU

After the normal Snyder and syncopy credits we see batmans boots walking across concrete and rubble, his cape wafts behind him. Cut to protestors in dramatic slo mo, cut to lex luthor adjusting his tie in the mirror, pan down to show his lapel which has an American flag pin on it. Cut to Wonder Woman kneeling in front of a golden throne, she's receiving a golden lasso from a woman sitting in the throne. Cut to superman, standing In the grey rain. He slowly raises his palms and looks at them. His hands curl into fists, as he slowly looks back up at us we see his eyes turn glowing red. A final piano beat silences the soundtrack for dialogue. Cut to black.
Superman-"this isn't your war to fight" cut to our first look at batmans face (cowl and all) batman-"this is my city" the batmobile lights up behind his head with a loud engine roar. The soundtrack comes back to life to the tune of quick shots of batman and superman and Wonder Woman performing fast paced action shots. To black screen and rating, relelase info.

That's the trailer I picture in my head.
(See also that music they used for the Days of future past trailer)

For a Snyder tone, Led Zeppelin - "Kashmir" because Zeppelin rules plus Kashmir would set an epic tone for the world's greatest superheroes
[YT]nQH3LtNePgI[/YT]

I remember that was used in a trailer for xmen days of future past.
[YT]gsjtg7m1MMM[/YT]

I remember that was used in a trailer for xmen days of future past.
[YT]gsjtg7m1MMM[/YT]

Nicely spotted. Although I'm sure Kashmir has been used in other trailers too, it's got such an epic feel to it ( I think it was used in the John Carter Trailer as well).

Still, there's plenty of classic rock to use ( and there's Chris Cornell, his song "Seasons" was nicely placed in MOS, and of course Soundgarden did the Avengers' end title "Live to Rise." )

Cheers.

Yeah but the Days of Future Past trailer was more of a Kashmir cover. I want the actual song lol with the heaviness and raw power of the guitar riff and everything.

"When the Levee Breaks" is another good Zeppelin song to use in trailers, I know it was used for Sucker Punch
[YT]fOEQTJV_3-w[/YT]

It would be nice to something non-Zimmer related in some way.

Considering Zimmer is more likely than not going to score the film I don't see the problem with using his music in the trailer.

He is not going to score the film?

I said he is probably going to score the film. He did the music for the comic con teaser and Man of Steel, he's probably going to score BvS.

No problem, I figured you did, I just wanted to clear things up.

And we're done here...

[YT]3xVwlJp50Ys[/YT]

Heck yeah that would be awesome.
icon14.gif
:awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"