My Own Worst Enemy

Rocker22

Superhero
Reaction score
Christian Slater Signed for NBC Drama
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 14, 2008

NBC is close to handing out a series order to an untitled drama from writer-producer Jason Smilovic starring Christian Slater in what would be the actor's first TV series, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The Universal Media Studios project originally was developed as a feature at Fox several years ago. It is described as The Bourne Identity meets Jekyll & Hyde and centers on a mild-mannered suburban dad (Slater) who learns that his alter
ego is a spy.

The trade adds that Slater had been courted for years to do a primetime series and had been on casting directors' wish lists every pilot season.

I am actually pretty intrigued by this idea of having a alter ego that is a spy you had no idea about, especially since of recent I re-read the original story of Jekyll & Hyde and watched one of the old movies. Not to mention this would be Slaters first show. What do you guys think about it?

I hope Christian Slater can turn his career around. This sounds kind of odd and out of nowhere so maybe it might do well.

Like the idea of this show and like him as a actor. Hope he does it and it lasts on air.

Boy, I sure hope Slater does a squinty grin, fidgets around a little, and talks like a slightly more stoned version of Jack Nicholson.

Interesting. I've always liked Christian Slater, so this could be good.

Absolutely LOVE him in Very Bad Things, which is a highly underrated film to begin with.

Could be good.
I have no idea what he looks like right now. *googles*

Damn, I was hoping for a TV series based off his movie "Kuffs".

Here is the description for the show, now called "My Own Worst Enemy":

In "My Own Worst Enemy," Henry Spivey (Christian Slater, "Bobby") is a middle-class efficiency expert living a humdrum life in the suburbs with a wife, two kids, a dog, and a minivan. Edward Albright is an operative who speaks 13 languages, runs a four-minute mile, and is trained to kill with his teeth. Henry and Edward are polar opposites who share only one thing in common -- the same body. When the carefully constructed wall between them breaks down, Henry and Edward are thrust into unfamiliar territory where each man is dangerously out of his element. "My Own Worst Enemy" explores the duality of a man who is literally pitted against himself. And it raises the question: who can you trust when you can't trust yourself? Mike O'Malley ("Yes, Dear") and Saffron Burrows ("Boston Legal") also star. The series is produced by Universal Media Studios. Jason Smilovic ("Kidnapped") is the executive producer; David Semel (director of the "American Dreams," "Heroes" and "Life" pilots) is the director and executive producer.

It premiers Monday, September 29th in the 10 p.m. time slot. It sounds pretty good to me.

Sounds like something I would really like...so it must be destined for failure. :(

This is NBC, not Fox. There's a chance it might not fail.

I don't know, ever since Journeyman and Jericho, TV in general has been too fickle for me to trust.

But you're right, least it's not FOX.

sounds good. can't wait to see a clip or trailer of this show.

Boy, I sure hope Slater does a squinty grin, fidgets around a little, and talks like a slightly more stoned version of Jack Nicholson.

I think you might be in luck. NBC has targeted your demographic.

I have seen a couple commercials for it tonight, looks pretty good.

How on earth does Christian Slater still have a career?

I saw a commercial for it. Reminded me of Total Recall

Isnt there a rival show premiering around the same time starring Lloyd Owen? Poor Lloyd Owen. :csad:

The commercials for the show are really good. I hope the show is as good.

The premise kinda sounds dumb but the character looks cool and will probably be the biggest draw.

Christian Slater just looks so weird in the promos. I don't know if he aged poorly or got bad plastic surgery or both, but he just looks odd. The premise looks intriguing but his face looks so odd that it might take me out of the story entirely.

The premiere is tonight! I hope it is pretty good.

I'll be watching. The promos intrigued me, plus, NBC has really had their act together the past few years. :up:

I saw the pilot episode tonight, and was very impressed. Christian Slater plays both sides of the proverbial "coin" like a skilled magician, constantly shifting between each one with complete believability. Of the two personas, I think Edward's actually more interesting at this point, but the two will likely balance out in the coming weeks.

I thought it was a great premiere, but I just wonder how long they can keep the premise interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"