MY THEORY. The GG2 costume in the trailer is a fake-out move!

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
I have a pretty sound theory into why the GG2 costume in SM3 teaser trailer looks the way it does...and may not be what we get in the movie.

Remember the original Spiderman full trailer? (I wish i had screen shots of it but just bare with me). Remember the scene where Spidey is swinging in to catch uncle bens killer? In the trailer, Spiderman (Peter) is in his full and final costume but in the movie itself, Spidey is chasing uncle bens killer wearing this:
Spider03.jpg

...his make shift wrestling costume.

My point? Well, my point is for some reason Sony didn't want the wrestling costume revealled to the public until the final movie was released, so they replaced the digital CGI stuntman in the uncle ben's killer chase scene, with the full Spidey costume. Maybe they did this because they didn't want non- fans to think this was actually Spideys costume from only seeing the trailer, but my point is that they may be pulling the same move with Harry's GG2 costume. They don't want it revealled at this point, so they replaced CGI Harry on the glider, with what we saw in the trailer....just like they did as i mentioned above in SM1....

...your thoughts....

I think i agree with you, although it's possible what we saw in the teaser is what we'll still see. I'll give this theory a chance becuase i do remember seeing Spidey in full costume. :up:

this is exactly what iv been saying in almost evry gg thread!

I told people that it was possible that the costume we see in the trailer is harrys starter costume. just like the sm1 ghetto costume, than in the movie as the story progresses we get full blown gg2 costume.

no one rly listens to me : [

paulyfknt90 said:

I told people that it was possible that thats the costume we see early on in the movie, just like the sm1 ghetto costume, than as the movie progresses we get full blown gg2 costume.

Yeah, I remember thath but I'll give you the same answer, I doubt it because in that scene Harry fights fast Peter, so it's a battle between them, not Spidey and GG2/Hobgoblin so I think we'll see his full GG2/Hobgoblin outfit until the battle royale...

I hope youre right, but if youre right then all the Q&A stuff would be wrong, and that has been pretty dead-on so far so I donno

paulyfknt90 said:

I told people that it was possible that the costume we see early on in the movieis harrys starter costume just like the sm1 ghetto costume, than as the movie progresses we get full blown gg2 costume.

That's not exactly what i'm saying. Go back and review the first movies full trailer.In the scene i described in my original post, the costume has intentionally been changed.............. by the studio.....in editing...

Yeah, and remember those crazies who thought the theatrical release of X3 really wouldn't have Cyclops dying and whatnot?

ampersand said:
Yeah, and remember those crazies who thought the theatrical release of X3 really wouldn't have Cyclops dying and whatnot?
Speaking of which, what ever happened to them... *pulls out hand pistol* MUAHAHAHA! :spidey:

I don't care what he looks like in round one... but if he don't wear the armor in the final scene... there will be hell to pay...

It looks legit to me. There was a close-up shot with Harry's head and he was in the costume. I don't know why they would change it.

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
...your thoughts....

It's not a bad theorey.

But the Q&A says otherwise. And the Q&A is like the Holy Grail of valid info for this movie so far. Not to mention we saw several shots of the costume. Not just one scene. It looks pretty final to me.

Filming is done. Franco has moved on. I think those clinging onto the hope that there's going to be a sudden dramatic costume change are clutching at straws.

What we see is what we get in this case IMO.

this has been talked about a million times since the trailer has been released

I have a pretty sound theory into why the GG2 costume in SM3 teaser trailer looks the way it does...and may not be what we get in the movie.

Remember the original Spiderman full trailer? (I wish i had screen shots of it but just bare with me). Remember the scene where Spidey is swinging in to catch uncle bens killer? In the trailer, Spiderman (Peter) is in his full and final costume but in the movie itself, Spidey is chasing uncle bens killer wearing this:
Spider03.jpg

My point? Well, my point is for some reason Sony didn't want the wrestling costume revealled to the public until the final movie was released, so they replaced the digital CGI stuntman in the uncle ben's killer chase scene, with the full Spidey costume. Maybe they did this because they didn't want non- fans to think this was actually Spideys costume from only seeing the trailer, but my point is that they may be pulling the same move with Harry's GG2 costume. They don't want it revealled at this point, so they replaced CGI Harry on the glider, with what we saw in the trailer....just like they did as i mentioned above in SM1....

...your thoughts....

Ha...I remember having an argument about unfinished CGI before SM2 (people were arguing the CGI quality in the trailer was final) and to prove my point I made screen caps of the first Spider-man trailer to prove how they changed the CGI between the time of the trailer and the release of the movie. I still had that screen shot uploaded on my server space....

SpideyComp2.JPG

You can see the obvious difference between the two suits in the trailer and the final product.

:eek: Excellent... Golgo, I believe your right dude... Avrid, Riami...Could be hiding the real deal, and we may get a real glimpse of the true costume during Comic Con.

Thanks for posting the pictures Hitman...

It may not be remember the ohio shoot looks like pete defeats GG2 in that alley. But still a possibility..

Spider03.jpg

...your thoughts....

Well, the reason the SM1 trailer had those alternate CGI shots was because they wanted more shots of a full-costumed Spidey for it. They were really cool, trailer-worthy shots, so they wanted them to show "classic" Spider-Man(for the trailer at least). They weren't trying to hide the wrestling costume

But Harry's costume is final. In fact, I believe one source even said that in the end battle he fights maskless. So if anything, he's going to dress down as the movie progresses.

I honestly believe the costume won't be important to Harry's character. He will still act like the Green Goblin, but he'll do it without a mask for the most part. Think Norman's mirror scene from SM1. Very creepy, and could be much more effective than just another mask.

paulyfknt90 said:

I told people that it was possible that the costume we see in the trailer is harrys starter costume. just like the sm1 ghetto costume, than in the movie as the story progresses we get full blown gg2 costume.

I've been saying and thinking this all the way with you man. however, if My idea is false, this idea of them pullign our leg is logical and pretty cool. I could see Raimi doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"