My guess on why the Venom storyline will suck.

RMThompson

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok this is my first post here, but I've been reading a lot, and have come across the first images of A.) The black costume and B.) Grace as Eddie Brock.

Seeing these two images has made my mind SPIN :spidey: as to what the hizell they are going to do with the Venom Storyline.

They simply cannot *do* the Venom storyline from the original comics, because there is no Secret Wars to go fight.

AND They cannot do the storyline from the Ultimate, because in that, Grace and Brock are friends, and their fathers created some supersuit in the past, and it just would make no sense to introduce a friend years later.

So what are they going to do? Here is my guess:

1. Spider Man messes up his costume in a fight.
2. He has to make a new one, and upon doing so, makes a black one because he feels it will be more intimidating. (and I AM PISSED OFF that they are NOT using the traditional black suit with white spider.. terrible)
3. Funny sequence of his admirers hating the black costume (sort of like how some fans hated the black costume in the comics).
4. He trashses the black costume in favor of the traditional.
5. Eddie Brock wants to be Peter Parker, and upon finding his secret, steals the black suit.

And if that is right. I will be PISSED.

I want to believe that we will see a shiny black costume, with tendrils coming from him, and a large gaping mouth filled with teeth and wild tongue, but after seeing the black costume on Tobey, I cannot help but think that this is going to be a mistaken identity storyline!

Please someone tell me otherwise. Is there any solid proof on anything about Venom?

Furthermore, since Venom has never been officially announced, does anyone think that he won't APPEAR in this movie as Venom, just as Eddie Brock, and leave it to the next movie? I surely hope not... Sandman is *not* a bad enough character to fight, and we've seen enough of the Green Goblin.

1. Welcome to the HYPE!

2. Be careful when making your first post on a message board. First impressions are everything, and starting off by claiming that something "sucks" is usually a bad way to start. Just a little helpful warning. ;)

3. That storyline WOULD suck, but I have very much faith in Raimi to know that that would not be a way to go. Have faith. Have patience. We'll be a little more clear on what the storyline is hopefully not to long in the future. Until then there's really no cause for panic, since we really know nothing at all about the story.

4. Just wondering why the Ultimate way of doing Venom would not be possible in a movie? Not saying that's how I necessarily would want it to go, but it'd probably be the most logical out of all the previously existing origin versions out there. From what it sounds like you said, it sounds like you are claiming that USM was able to do it cause they didn't just have to introduce Brock suddenly, even though they were childhood friends...but that is what they did. Brock didn't really appear (aside from his hand at a press conference) at all before the Venom storyline. He was sort of a long-lost childhood friend. The movie could easily do the same thing.

Again, Welcome to the HYPE!!

so eddie puts on the black costume... and he gets powers how?
or do you mean he wants to be spider-man?.... and it's just a nod to Venom?
wait.. what secret?

Peter is spidey?
how peter became spidey?

I'm confused... please elaborate.

That's NOT how the story will happen. I can't possibly see it happening like that. Eddie Brock running around in Spidey's old suit doing what? He wouldn't have powers or anything. Trust me, that wont happen.

Who knows how they'll do it in the movie. The Venom storyline has been retold at least 3 differnt ways so far (Comics, Animated Series, Ultimate) so who's to say they wont either blend elements of them together, or make their own original story? As long as it's good, and as long as we see Venom as a humongous beast with a gaping mouth and sick tongue, i'll be happy. Just have faith for now.

Katsuro said:
and as long as we see Venom as a humongous beast with a gaping mouth and sick tongue, i'll be happy. Just have faith for now.

I wouldn't bet on that.
Massive beast? Nah.
Over-exaggerated mouth, with long tongue and slime and such? Nah

What we will (likely) have, is a creature that's a little bigger than Spidey (in height), and probably bulkier.

I'm guessing they'll do a mouth, but the extent of how exaggerated it'll be is still up in the air. So far in the movie series they've wanted to keep everything as close to believable as possible.

My guess is, stop guessing and make your judgements when you see it...

I refuse to judge the Venom (if there is) storyline will suck until I see the movie

that was a lame theory

they changed a lot of doc ock's origin with getting the power the sun and all that stuff and how did it come out just GREAT!!that's why i beleive the origin will be a lil different cause well in the many installments of Venom there is usually a new story like the ultimate universe has peter's dad creating the symbiote and all but in the classic he got it from secret wars.

i am not worried about the movie because in the past Raimi has done a magnificent job on what he wants and is very strict about it. we had two very successful movies in the past and i doubt this movie will be any different.

RMThompson said:
Ok this is my first post here, but I've been reading a lot, and have come across the first images of A.) The black costume and B.) Grace as Eddie Brock.

Seeing these two images has made my mind SPIN :spidey: as to what the hizell they are going to do with the Venom Storyline.

They simply cannot *do* the Venom storyline from the original comics, because there is no Secret Wars to go fight.

AND They cannot do the storyline from the Ultimate, because in that, Grace and Brock are friends, and their fathers created some supersuit in the past, and it just would make no sense to introduce a friend years later.

2. He has to make a new one, and upon doing so, makes a black one because he feels it will be more intimidating. (and I AM PISSED OFF that they are NOT using the traditional black suit with white spider.. terrible)
3. Funny sequence of his admirers hating the black costume (sort of like how some fans hated the black costume in the comics).
5. Eddie Brock wants to be Peter Parker, and upon finding his secret, steals the black suit.

I want to believe that we will see a shiny black costume, with tendrils coming from him, and a large gaping mouth filled with teeth and wild tongue, but after seeing the black costume on Tobey, I cannot help but think that this is going to be a mistaken identity storyline!

Please someone tell me otherwise. Is there any solid proof on anything about Venom?

Furthermore, since Venom has never been officially announced, does anyone think that he won't APPEAR in this movie as Venom, just as Eddie Brock, and leave it to the next movie? I surely hope not... Sandman is *not* a bad enough character to fight, and we've seen enough of the Green Goblin.

Go away please! Either you are posting this as a joke just to get a rise out of us, or you are on drugs, or both.

RMThompson said:

Like you said it's your "guess", just like everyone on here it's just a guess. No one knows.

BTW, IMO I don't think it will follow your storyline, so hopefully that will provide you with some relief....:)

matthooper said:
Go away please! Either you are posting this as a joke just to get a rise out of us, or you are on drugs, or both.

Well, sorry but I am not going to "go away".

My theory is just that, a theory. I know it sucks, because I wrote it.

However, why else would they put Spiderman in *that* black costume. Are we to believe that he contracted a symbiate, and that symbiate replicated his costume exactly, only changing the color?

Listen - as for me, I *want* to see a real symbiote on Eddie Brock.

After looking at it more, and reading the various origins again, I would have to say that the most likely candidate would be a slight change of the Ultimate Venom approach.

So, we're going to ingore the fact that Brock hasn't seen Parker in YEARS, but that their fathers were scientists working on some sort of a cure for cancer, in the form of a symbiote suit.

MY *GUESS* here is that Parker puts on the suit, maybe without really wanting to, and the suit absorbs some of the Spider Man powers. We've seen Parker in a black costume. Perhaps this is him wearing the symbiote. I hope not.

Then - for whatever reason, (from the looks of the pictures, maybe he gets angry after a bad haircut), Parker decides to shed the suit, not knowing its absorbed some of his powers. This suit then attaches to Brock, and vioila' instant Venom.

I guess my only wish would be to see a photo of Topher Grace wearing a complete cgi blue suit, so that the entire symbiote suit would be CGI. I wanted to see a real crazy suit, with tendrils flying, large gaping mouth and tounge flying... but I honestly doubt we will. I think we'll get some of that, but I doubt they would hire a guy like Topher Grace, and then cover up his face for 60% of his screentime wearing a large CGI suit. Then again, they did it with Spider man.

So, my second post might not seem as lame as the first, but I am sure I still have plenty of enemies out there.

But - I'm just another Spider-Nerd trying my best to keep it real.

Peace :spidey:

RMThompson said:
Well, sorry but I am not going to "go away".

Ignore him.He's a troll.He's rude to practically everyone.If anyone is going to be going away, it's him if he keeps that type of behaviour up.

You express your opinion where ever and when ever you want,as long as you do it respectfully,which you have done here.

Welcome to the Hype :)

My "guess":

A watered down symbiote story for the film. Spidey gets the symbiote (augments his powers, personality, yatta yatta). Brock is a reporter, rival to Peter. Yatta yatta. Brock goes to the church ready to take his life, Spidey goes to the church to take off the symbiote. Yatta yatta. And there you have it: Venom.

Was that so f***in' complicated?? :confused:

cmill216 said:
My "guess":

A watered down symbiote story for the film. Spidey gets the symbiote (augments his powers, personality, yatta yatta). Brock is a reporter, rival to Peter. Yatta yatta. Brock goes to the church ready to take his life, Spidey goes to the church to take off the symbiote. Yatta yatta. And there you have it: Venom.

Was that so f***in' complicated?? :confused:

Yeah that seems about right. Except where in the eff does Parkers BLACK costume come in?

A quick and easily solution would be the Spider-Man TAS origin.

RMThompson said:
Yeah that seems about right. Except where in the eff does Parkers BLACK costume come in?
:confused: Where does the black costume....fit with the symbiote?

Oh boy. You win the prize.

POWdER-man said:
A quick and easily solution would be the Spider-Man TAS origin.

Personally, I think an even quicker (and more intriguing) one would be a twist on the Ultimate storyline:

Connors and co. are working on a cure for cancer: a living organism; a "symbiote". And another element for that: Sandman wants it for his sick kid.

TheCardPlayer said:
:confused: Where does the black costume....fit with the symbiote?

Oh boy. You win the prize.

Listen. If that black costume is the symbiote, then MAN that really sucks. I really hope that the black costume we see is *influenced* by the symbiote in some manner, and really ISN'T it. That's what I mean!!! :spidey:

If the symbiote bonds onto Parker, and it makes a perfect little suit that looks exactly like his other suit without the color, without flowing black oozes, (as is seen in the photo where he is taking off his coat, and the black suit is underneath), then THAT is going to really stink.

Perhaps he makes this suit to match his dark personality because the symbiote is attached... underneath the suit? Ok that's a terrible idea too... but I really don't want to believe that:

Black suit = symbiote.

not yet.

RMThompson said:
but I really don't want to believe that:

Black suit = symbiote.

not yet.

Well, don't go losin' any sleep over it. ;)

RMThompson said:

here's my guess on why YOU suck, you're a newbie and you don't make any sense.

cmill216 said:
Personally, I think an even quicker (and more intriguing) one would be a twist on the Ultimate storyline:

Connors and co. are working on a cure for cancer: a living organism; a "symbiote". And another element for that: Sandman wants it for his sick kid.
that sounds great! and according to the Q & A there is supposed to be a battle royale aat the end of the movie so Venom tells sandman you can take the suit if you help me kill spider-man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"