My Three Cents

Gingervitus

Civilian
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this will be my first thread on this forum as I have been going absolutely Marvel crazy lately and since I have no friends who have my love of Marvel I have been needing an outlet. I have been trying to saturate myself with all things Marvel since seeing the second Avengers movie which has been going alright, a lot of movies and a few TV shows to re-watch but as an avid gamer I am absolutely frustrated with Marvel that they haven't released a good Marvel game in nearly 6 years (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2)! That is a post for another time though, back to movies. One of the things that I hate, is that now I have to wait an entire year for a Marvel movie I am excited about! Sorry Ant-Man fans, while I will probably see the movie I can't say that I am excited for it any where near the amount I was for Avengers 2 and how excited I am for Captain America 3. For the rest of my thread though I will be talking mainly about Avengers: Age of Ultron and everything that may come from it so sit back and get ready for what may be a long read, chances are not everyone may agree with my thoughts and feelings so if you feel the need to comment please do so as I relish the chance to talk about Marvel with other Marvel fans! So let us begin!

Let me start with the movie itself and of course spoilers will ensue. I think a lot of people were disappointed in the movie, which I think is alright there were a lot of things in the movie that I could complain about. Firstly I think the starting of the movie just kind of threw us into the fire with no exposition as to how they all came back together. I for one would have liked a little info on things like Tony Stark, didn't he blow up all his suits but now he has not only a new suit but all these automated peace keeping suits? Also where were any of them, especially Hawkeye, during the fall of SHIELD? That for me was the main thing that kind of bugged me though there were a lot of little things that I wasn't a fan of, the whole forcing a love story between Bruce and Natasha, but as a whole I loved this movie. In fact as I got home and thought about the movie more, it made me like the movie more. For the first time I actually am willing to go see a Marvel movie in the theatre again. I think a lot of people will think this movie is a lot better when other movies, Thor 3, Cap 3 and Avengers: Infinity War, come out. The movie I think was trying to set up a lot and perhaps the payoff for a lot of people won't be until it all comes together.

From here I just want to touch of some things that happened during the movie and my thoughts on some possible outcomes for the future of Marvel cinema. Quicksilver, here is a hero that I feel got a little short changed and despite his and Scarlett Witches terrible accents I really liked him. I think it is funny how many people are just like "oh he is dead, whatever" but I seem to recall a certain agent of SHIELD who also died and came back to get his own TV series. I would not be surprised at all if Quicksilver was put in TAHITI or something like it and brought back to life. I know I am not the only one to say something along these lines as many feel other heroes will die and be brought back during Infinity War but I feel like Quicksilver will return before then. In the comics he had some dealings with the Inhumans, so I really feel like we will see him again before Infinity War. As for the Hulk going off on his own at the end, a lot of people have speculations of the Hulk going into space but with no solo movie in the works as many think Hulk is better as part of a team. Well do we know any space team who just recently "lost" their heavy hitter? Guardians of the Galaxy 2! A story I could see taking place is that someone such as Thanos, or maybe the Collector, has Hulk taken off earth and then they cross paths. It could set up a good Drax vs. Hulk fight with Chris Pratt calming the Hulk down with the skills he learned from taming Raptors. If that is what happens and is well received maybe they pump out a Planet Hulk movie before Infinity War. We still have two infinity stones out there, the Soul Gem I am almost certain will appear during the Dr. Strange movie as the character in the comics has been in possession of it. The Time Gem I am not as sure of, if I had to take a guess maybe Captain Marvel? I know she has been known to be a cosmic hero so it is possible, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 I suppose is also possible though I think if the story line of that is them getting another Infinity Gem it might seem a little repetitive.

Well I think that is everything for now, I can't imagine it will be long before I have more I want to talk about. Thanks to any of you who actually read all this and super thanks to any planning on leaving a comment so I can talk more of this! As a final note, this has nothing to do with Marvel movies but actually Marvel TV. I REALLY hope in the second season of Daredevil, Jennifer Walters makes a cameo as just a lawyer, how great would that be? I didn't want to make an entire new thread for that one thought, so you get it here :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"