Sequels Mysterio Thread

Green Goblin

Crawling on walls
Reaction score
Who should play him?

Whats he going to look like?

Well thanks to Spock's lava suit in Star Trek Into Darkness I put my idea in motion a few months back.

Mysterio if used by Webb I would imagine would be along the Ultimate style as he states in past interview "later stuff" as Mysterio storys go.

For me I would love the dome to stay but as a compromise to classic and ulitmate version I still think a version of the lava suit with added cape would be just the ticket. I'd like to know your thoughts about the picture posted below.

As for actor to play Beck If Massee is infact Mysterio in the making I'd stay with him however my choice for Mysterio has alway's been Spock star Zachary Quinto. Others include Damian Lewis & Gary Sinese.

images

th

Last edited:
My opinion is that the only way this character would work is if he's a real life illusionist that turned to a life of crime. As such he should just look human, meaning no fishbowl.

But, that doesn't mean he couldn't use smoke as a means to distract others. And this could be worked in to the suit.

At the same time, as a nod to the whole fish bowl thing, why not have him performing some underwater trick where he uses an air breathing helmet. Again, just as a nod.

Oh, the two eye thingees attaching the cape is a must!

Last edited:
I think Bennedict Cummberbatch should play him...

Cillian Murphy! It's all about the Irish :p

Cillian Murphy! It's all about the Irish :p

Nice pick. If say Scarecrow was ever a big villain in future Batman films would you not kind of hope Cillian would be up for playing him again?

Mysterio & Scarecrow quite similar despite the costumes?:woot:

I'd like the suit to be a mix of Ultimate (the robot, that is) and 616. I'd definitely keep the iconic dome. I'd prefer his face not to be visible in it, but smoke effects instead like in most of the comics. I'd also keep the cape and "eyes" on the suit.

As for the actor, that's a tough one. Cumberbatch's voice would be perfect, but I'm getting kinda sick of seeing him suggested for every role out there nowadays.

^ Smoke effects, yes... Cape and eyes, most definitely... But the iconic dome would not work in this adaption. Don't you think that would come off a bit campy?

Maybe I could see him using the "bowl" to keep the smoke contained in order to hide his identity. He could use an oxygen tank in order to breath within the smoke. I guess if done that way it would come off less campy.

Of course we're having all of this discussion about a character that is not likely to be seen in the next two movies. I know that most feel that a Sinister Six movie needs to include Mysterio, but the evidence does not support that liklihood.

They should structure Mysterio's helmet like an astronaut's, maybe go the Spider-Man 2 route and have him claim to be an alien. We get the dome, and it's justified too!

Back when Jim Carrey was rumored to be in ASM2, I was hoping he'd be Quentin Beck, although pre-Mysterio. I can picture Carrey taking on that kind of theatrical role in the future.

A literal translation would be too ridiculous. Especially since it already looks lame in the comics. Just like Goblin in his original outfit.

If they ever use him for a Movie, I hope they look at Halo when it comes to the helmet design. I think that's the only way you can make the fishbowl work.

p4KA7wm.jpg

aCgGKZg.jpg

A literal translation would be too ridiculous. Especially since it already looks lame in the comics. Just like Goblin in his original outfit.

If they ever use him for a Movie, I hope they look at Halo when it comes to the helmet design. I think that's the only way you can make the fishbowl work.

p4KA7wm.jpg

aCgGKZg.jpg

Those designs look great Nathan. Very similar to what I posted with the Spock suit concept.

Lavasuit and this helmet design coloured green & maybe some metallic purple for cape part.

I'd also go with the top middle mint green dome as it looks close to old Mysterio.

:woot:

IF they ever get around to using Mysterio then the costume will need to have a reason.

What is the reson for the fishbowl?

If it is to hide his face, well that can be done through many other means, including simple smoke effects.

Is it due to a physical condition? If so, that would need to be explored.

To me, the best way to portray Mysterio is by simply making him an illusionist who went to a life of crime, which means theatrics, yes, fish bowl, no.

The fish bowl would be part of the theatrics. And you can make it more than a simple bowl/helmet. It would protect him from all the smoke and gas he's throwing around and allow him to breath. It could have build in infrared, night vision, etc, so he's the only one that can actually see through his illusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"