NBA 2015-2016: Age of Exorbitant Television Money - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
30, 11, 9, 3 & 2.

LeBron-James-Ronald-Martinez-Getty-Images-2.jpg

It was the referees spidey

Seriously though guys who's better Russell or Booker? It's a hard decision. I'd go with Russell though.

I'm trying to view future stars of the nba. Why answer if you don't care? You probably never seen either one of these guys

Its not Lebron's fault Draymond Green is a fricking dumbass and couldn't hold his temper. Lebron pulled a vet move and trolled him into a flagrant when everyone knew that Draymond was only 1 away from an automatic suspension. Draymond will have to live with costing his team a chip for the rest of his career.

Instead of spending your time insulting each other....get back to discussing the NBA.

Fair enough. Apologies to the last son.

Seriously though guys who's better Russell or Booker? It's a hard decision. I'd go with Russell though.

I think this question would be better asked after this upcoming season. Russell has better upside it seems but they're both so young. It may take another year or two to see who may or may not be legit.

Instead of spending your time insulting each other....get back to discussing the NBA.

For goodness sakes, it's a sports thread in the sports subforum. Trash talk is part of sports. It's what makes it fun. No one has any ill will toward the last son. He makes absurd predictions and claims about the greatness of Cleveland. We rub his nose in it. He responds by posting pictures of LeBron James holding trophies. It's friendly trash talk over sports. It's no different than Bayless and Stephen A. going back and forth (probably tamer). I was on the staff. I get wanting to promote civil discussion but no one in here was crossing the line. It was just trash talk, which is 90 % of the fun of discussing sports.

Good to see the report button still works. Instigate a discussion, don't like the responses, hit report. :up:

I wanted to say something, but I'll let it go.

Anyways, I feel bad now calling this guy a clown back when my brother text me this video of this guy dressed up head to toe as MJ in a pick-up game. I had no idea he was autistic. It's awesome to see MJ reached out and gave him a bunch of swag and a phone call, amazing.

For goodness sakes, it's a sports thread in the sports subforum. Trash talk is part of sports. It's what makes it fun. No one has any ill will toward the last son. He makes absurd predictions and claims about the greatness of Cleveland. We rub his nose in it. He responds by posting pictures of LeBron James holding trophies. It's friendly trash talk over sports. It's no different than Bayless and Stephen A. going back and forth (probably tamer). I was on the staff. I get wanting to promote civil discussion but no one in here was crossing the line. It was just trash talk, which is 90 % of the fun of discussing sports.

I am all for trash talk myself. Believe me, used to be a pro at it back in my football playing days, but after reviewing that discussion, even I think it was starting to go a bit far. Friendly trash talk is one thing, but that discussion was devolving into mud slinging.

I am all for trash talk myself. Believe me, used to be a pro at it back in my football playing days, but after reviewing that discussion, even I think it was starting to go a bit far. Friendly trash talk is one thing, but that discussion was devolving into mud slinging.

I disagree. I think the worst he was generally called was a fool and a loud mouth. But let's face it, if someone is making insane predictions, non-stop, being proven wrong, and then being ridiculously over the top and boisterous in his celebrations the one time his right, going so far as to call others out, others should call him a fool and a loud mouth. That is the very principle of trash talk.

"HAHAHAHAHA MY TEAM WON! TAKE THAT SUCKERS!"

"Here's all the things you got wrong in the past 5 days alone, ya idiot."

Its not mudslinging. Its playful **** talking. Its not like people are throwing mud over a super hero movie's box office performance or the quality of an actor/film (something we have no stake in). This is sports. Fans are supposed to have a stake and its supposed to be competitive. Trash talking is what helps build those rivalries and adds to the competitive nature. Its what makes competition fun for the spectators.

So I was reported? For what? This is absurd

I disagree. I think the worst he was generally called was a fool and a loud mouth. But let's face it, if someone is making insane predictions, non-stop, being proven wrong, and then being ridiculously over the top and boisterous in his celebrations the one time his right, going so far as to call others out, others should call him a fool and a loud mouth. That is the very principle of trash talk.

"HAHAHAHAHA MY TEAM WON! TAKE THAT SUCKERS!"

"Here's all the things you got wrong in the past 5 days alone, ya idiot."

Its not mudslinging. Its playful **** talking. Its not like people are throwing mud over a super hero movie's box office performance or the quality of an actor/film (something we have no stake in). This is sports. Fans are supposed to have a stake and its supposed to be competitive. Trash talking is what helps build those rivalries and adds to the competitive nature. Its what makes competition fun for the spectators.

Yeah I got an infraction, too... and I will go ahead and get it out of the way... I did not report anyone. Someone else did, or C. Lee stumbled on it.

I don't think any of us should have gotten in trouble... If all of us were on board I don't see the problem. But alas, the mods have some weird way about them where they are blind to some posts but happily give infractions for others. Even when they are saying things themselves that should be infraction worthy. :dry:

You'd think a simple warning to all of us would have sufficed, since we are all veterans here. But nah, I ended up with my 7th infraction (or 8th)... don't know. :whatever:

I picture(d) the sports forums as a bar /lockerroom where guys (and girls) talk trash... sure it gets heated at times but it's forgotten a beer later. :woot:

Now it's really freaking bad... I just found out it's ok to call someone an idiot... but me saying 'tool' and 'child' is a mortal sin.

Seriously mods?

Damn you can cut it with a knife in here!!

I have learned three things to never discuss with people. Politics, sports, and the great pumpkin.

Yeah I got an infraction, too... and I will go ahead and get it out of the way... I did not report anyone. Someone else did, or C. Lee stumbled on it.

I don't think any of us should have gotten in trouble... If all of us were on board I don't see the problem. But alas, the mods have some weird way about them where they are blind to some posts but happily give infractions for others. Even when they are saying things themselves that should be infraction worthy. :dry:

You'd think a simple warning to all of us would have sufficed, since we are all veterans here. But nah, I ended up with my 7th infraction (or 8th)... don't know. :whatever:

I picture(d) the sports forums as a bar /lockerroom where guys (and girls) talk trash... sure it gets heated at times but it's forgotten a beer later. :woot:

Now it's really freaking bad... I just found out it's ok to call someone an idiot... but me saying 'tool' and 'child' is a mortal sin.

Seriously mods?

It certainly doesn't help matters that the mod in question has posted in an NBA thread all of four times and has no idea what the culture of the thread is like, why people talk down to The Last Son, etc. Instead he got a report from Last Son and came in and shot from the hip, over something absurdly minor, without doing a bit of due diligence. Disgraceful moderating, IMO.

It certainly doesn't help matters that the mod in question has posted in an NBA thread all of four times and has no idea what the culture of the thread is like, why people talk down to The Last Son, etc. Instead he got a report from Last Son and came in and shot from the hip, over something absurdly minor, without doing a bit of due diligence. Disgraceful moderating, IMO.

Wow.....I just got finished reading through the thread and decided to reverse Reek's infraction....and after doing that I see we got a report that you posted this. Wow.:whatever:

I would never report anyone on here. It's just the internet. I got an infraction and would hope mines would get revoked. Calm down matt. You know i wouldn't take the time to report anyone on here. I think all of us should have our infractions revoked. I don't understand how a warning wasn't given out first.

As C. Lee said... mine was reversed... Good man... back to basketball gentlemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"