NBA 2019-2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Probably, but he ain't gonna be in the unemployment line for long.

I think the Lakers have too much top end talent for the Heat. I think Denver was the 2nd best team left in the playoffs......until they weren't.
I can't wait to see who discover it was KG and Allen that made that made that title possible, not Doc. :hehe:

I think the Lakers should win. I hope they win. But Davis' ankles need to hold up. He's not the old guy, that's LeBron.

I can't wait to see who discover it was KG and Allen that made that made that title possible, not Doc. :hehe:

I think the Lakers should win. I hope they win. But Davis' ankles need to hold up. He's not the old guy, that's LeBron.
The good thing is that he’s gotten some time off and only has 5 games left to play. :cwink:

With any coach, the truth is somewhere in the middle. I highly doubt Doc had anything to do with PG's most recent disappearing act, Lemon Pepper's...voyage, Harrell's personal issues etc.

What he (and Kawhi) need to take responsibility for is the incessant load management. Like I said before, I doubt Kawhi can make it through a full season without it anymore, but he needs to practice and play more consistently to build any sort of chemistry with these guys. Period.

Oh...Lakers in 6. I'm thinking 5, but I'm giving Miami credit, they're a scrappy bunch for sure...

Game 1 couldn't have gone worse for the Heat. They struggled to keep Davis away from the rim, and now they have 3 dinged players.

Heat players during game 1:

hqdefault.jpg

Game 1 couldn't have gone worse for the Heat. They struggled to keep Davis away from the rim, and now they have 3 dinged players.
Yeah. Not the start they were looking for. Still, I expect them to fight like hell.

Yeah. Not the start they were looking for. Still, I expect them to fight like hell.
The issue is will it matter? The Lakers adjusted after being down 13 and basically out scored them by 40 for the next two quarters and half. If Davis is going to play like this, it will be a sweep. It doesn't even matter that the Lakers will cool down from three. It was men against boys. Butler didn't even matter on the court.

This is the first season in a couple of decades that I’ve watched a bunch of matches and will roughly try to keep up to date. I’ve seen the Lakers quite a few times. I haven’t seen the Bucks at all though (just through circumstance of what was on when I tuned in). Who would be expected to win out of those 2?

This is the first season in a couple of decades that I’ve watched a bunch of matches and will roughly try to keep up to date. I’ve seen the Lakers quite a few times. I haven’t seen the Bucks at all though (just through circumstance of what was on when I tuned in). Who would be expected to win out of those 2?

At first the Bucks, but close I think. The thing is that AD and Lebron play so well together it's like they've been teammates for years, soooooooo, I think the Lakers take them. For sure they do with a disgruntled Giannis. The Lakers dodged a bullet when Leonard went to the Clippers and then the Clippers went all Clippery against Denver (Denver was underrated and was the 2nd best team of the 4 left in the conference finals).

The issue is will it matter? The Lakers adjusted after being down 13 and basically out scored them by 40 for the next two quarters and half. If Davis is going to play like this, it will be a sweep. It doesn't even matter that the Lakers will cool down from three. It was men against boys. Butler didn't even matter on the court.

No. Prolly won't matter. The next game is a must win for Miami. The Lakers need to keep the pedal to the metal and not let up. Lebron won't allow for ANY relaxation until this is over.

So, that wasn't all that enjoyable last night. Dios mio.

At first the Bucks, but close I think. The thing is that AD and Lebron play so well together it's like they've been teammates for years, soooooooo, I think the Lakers take them. For sure they do with a disgruntled Giannis. The Lakers dodged a bullet when Leonard went to the Clippers and then the Clippers went all Clippery against Denver (Denver was underrated and was the 2nd best team of the 4 left in the conference finals).
The East is totally overrated. The Raptors had Kwahi last year, and thus made it interesting. But much like with LeBron over there, that is basically the strength of the East. One team, with a crazy player.

Giannis, please go to the Warriors. I would love to watch that madness.

So Bam and Goran are out of the game tonight. Anyone think LeBron takes his foot off the pedal and gets overconfident?

The biggest match up in the finals is who is going to win the MVP. LeBron or AD. Beautiful. :bow:

The biggest match up in the finals is who is going to win the MVP. LeBron or AD. Beautiful. :bow:
Kind of a weak effort tonight IMO. I guess they get a pass, but I want to see full on body slam on Sunday. LBJ is the gas that makes the motor run.

If it remains close, which I expect it will, LeBron will get Finals MVP for legacy purposes. I can't really disagree with it, he probably could've gotten regular season MVP too.

Still, Rondo is giving this team not only steady PG play, which he's done his whole career everywhere, but he's been hitting 3s at a 40% clip since the postseason started. The man deserves some respect, been saying it for years now...

If it remains close, which I expect it will, LeBron will get Finals MVP for legacy purposes. I can't really disagree with it, he probably could've gotten regular season MVP too.

Still, Rondo is giving this team not only steady PG play, which he's done his whole career everywhere, but he's been hitting 3s at a 40% clip since the postseason started. The man deserves some respect, been saying it for years now...

Yeah. The other thing is that LeBron is running the team; when he's not Rondo is. Don't get me wrong, AD is playing a top notch game in every facet. The dude plays like a guard. If he holds up over the next 5 years, the Lakers are going to be in it every year and LeBron just ain't gonna let them lose on a consistent basis. The Lakers have gone from people not wanting to come to LA to the place to be. This seems to be a tight knit group that are all pulling for each other. I don't understand why JaVale isn't getting more minutes though.

Remember when Kuzma was supposed to be the big 3rd option? There is no 3rd option. It's AD, LBJ, and a bunch of guys who are getting really, really good shots and Rondo/LeBron are setting that up.

EDIT: If Bradley was playing........

Win beer for a year by Michelob....false advertising.....that ain't beer.

The Lakers seem determined to win every series in 5. :hehe:

Yeah. The other thing is that LeBron is running the team; when he's not Rondo is. Don't get me wrong, AD is playing a top notch game in every facet. The dude plays like a guard. If he holds up over the next 5 years, the Lakers are going to be in it every year and LeBron just ain't gonna let them lose on a consistent basis. The Lakers have gone from people not wanting to come to LA to the place to be. This seems to be a tight knit group that are all pulling for each other. I don't understand why JaVale isn't getting more minutes though.

Remember when Kuzma was supposed to be the big 3rd option? There is no 3rd option. It's AD, LBJ, and a bunch of guys who are getting really, really good shots and Rondo/LeBron are setting that up.

EDIT: If Bradley was playing........

If Bradley was playing, it would've been a sweep for sure. He's their best perimeter defender who, while undersized, would obviously thrive against an undersized team. Oh well, I thought it would be over in 5, I expect it to be.

Sidebar, I wish they would've hung onto Ingram over Kuzma. Dude is just too erratic offensively and has little to no interest in playing D unless he's scoring the ball. Ingram's upside is way higher to me...

After 4 games, I feel like it's advantage LeBron in the MVP stakes.

Got to give it to the refs, trying to keep the Heat in this series. :hehe:

I loved seeing how excited AD was when he hit that dagger 3. You can tell that he's smelling that championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"