NBA 2019-2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers trying to get rid of Luol Deng's contract. They are petitioning the league for career ending injury. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Jim Buss wasn't the best president the Lakers have ever had.

How do you think of Golden State's chance next season?
Do you think a healthy Steph, Klay, and Draymond can compete with Lakers, Clippers, or even Nuggets?

I really have high hopes and looking forward for their resurgence next season.

*sorry, if I ask you suddenly....I always enjoy reading your analysis :)

Just checked. They are 20M OVER the salary cap. If they are going to get a legit 5, they're going to have to trade or draft one. I'm not a cap expert, but how in the world do they sign Howard, McGee, or anyone else?

Lakers trying to get rid of Luol Deng's contract. They are petitioning the league for career ending injury. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Jim Buss wasn't the best president the Lakers have ever had.
i forgot all about him. that was a crazy contract

Hell must've frozen over, the amount of times I've had to endure Rondo hate in here over the years and now he's supposed to be the main piece for the Clippers to get their $#!* together??

I love Rondo's game, personality and IQ, but the Clippers issues run deeper than a better PG. The "other" PG is the main issue, along with Kawhi's availability.

Just checked. They are 20M OVER the salary cap. If they are going to get a legit 5, they're going to have to trade or draft one. I'm not a cap expert, but how in the world do they sign Howard, McGee, or anyone else?

I am not really detail on techincal things like salary cap, etc. But it is worth to know that Golden State might not be able to sign any star player in near future. Considering i heard they want to get Giannis. (Guess they have to trade one of their 3 star).

Last edited:
Speaking of Giannis...

How do you think of the best path for him to take? (2 seasons in a row now that he failed to take his team into the Finals). So, should he stay with Bucks or follow LeBron and KD's way into joining another team or star?
If so, what teams might be the best for his game style? Miami or Golden State?

Hell must've frozen over, the amount of times I've had to endure Rondo hate in here over the years and now he's supposed to be the main piece for the Clippers to get their $#!* together??

I love Rondo's game, personality and IQ, but the Clippers issues run deeper than a better PG. The "other" PG is the main issue, along with Kawhi's availability.

Lakers lucked out when they lost the Kwahi sweepstakes. Maybe he'll bounce back next year, but odds are his availability and production just get worse. I'll take LBJ and AD (even with injury propensity) over the Clips big 2.

Rondo's a pain in the ass.....if you're playing against him. I remember years ago when Michael Cooper was guarding a point coast to coast. He picked him up at inbound, the guy just barely made it over half court. Michael was bumping him, moving from side to side as fast as the guy he was guarding, sticking his long ass arms in, poking at the ball, and when the dude got to the top of the key, they had about 7 seconds to run their offense. My buddy looked at me and said "Man, that guy is REALLY annoying". Rondo ain't quite that, but maybe the Lakers don't win it without him. I hope they keep him. He's a pro.

I am not really detail on techincal things like salary cap, etc. But it is worth to know that Golden State might not be able to sign any star player in near future. Considering i heard they want to get Giannis. (Guess they have to trade one of their 3 star).

No one's gonna hire me as their GM in the foreseeable future, but I don't see how they make any major moves without (edit...sorry) trades. Addition by subtraction IMO.

The Draft is coming up soon and I think it will be an active one with trades.

Any players you guys look forward to seeing next year?

Personally I'm interested in watching the Florida St guys in the NBA Devin Vassell and Patrick Williams.

The Draft is coming up soon and I think it will be an active one with trades.

Any players you guys look forward to seeing next year?

Personally I'm interested in watching the Florida St guys in the NBA Devin Vassell and Patrick Williams.
Heard a rumor that "The City" Warriors could trade down and get Vassell. They have no cap space and are going to have to be very creative to fill out a decent bench.

I was already a fan of Bradley Beal but this is great

I was already a fan of Bradley Beal but this is great

I've watched this about 10 times and if you don't love this dude, just SHHHHHUUUUUTTT TTTTTTHHHHHEEEE FUUUUU.....UP.

I've watched this about 10 times and if you don't love this dude, just SHHHHHUUUUUTTT TTTTTTHHHHHEEEE FUUUUU.....UP.

Same. Though I probably watched it 20x :funny:

Anyway trades can be made starting tomorrow at 12:00pm est and the draft is Wednesday so we should have some stuff to discuss soon :)

That's interesting. Danny was very inconsistent last year. I wonder if Dennis can duplicate his last year.
I just read this is a done deal.

Also reading Harden wants to go to Brooklyn

Things are going to be busy tomorrow

I don't think there's any chance in hell a Durant/Irving/Harden alignment works, so I really want to see it happen, for no other reason than the colossal implosion.

I just read this is a done deal.

Also reading Harden wants to go to Brooklyn

Things are going to be busy tomorrow
If Green, Bradley, and Rondo are gone, the Lakers better start thinking about their perimeter D.

I don't think there's any chance in hell a Durant/Irving/Harden alignment works, so I really want to see it happen, for no other reason than the colossal implosion.
Just change the rules and have 2 balls.

Same here, for that exact reasoning.

Don't really see the point from Phoenix's perspective unless another move is coming. I am surprised OKC got out from under that contract though.

Was just coming to post that @Mister J

I expect Westbrook to NYK now later today or draft night. No knowledge of anything, just asked the magic 8 ball lol

Also I am getting tired of players saying trade me to this team. You signed a contract, honor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"