NBA 2019-2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luka Doncic dominating the league as a 20 year old and in his 2nd season. :wow:

im not interested in an in-season tourney

I’m 30 now and have been playing ball since 4 and still play, but can’t stand how everyone from NBAto recreation to little kids how everyone complains about refs and teammate mistakes. This crap started like in high school. Wish people would shut up and just play. It’s supposed to be fun.

An in season tournament would serve no purpose whatsoever.

im already not sure if i'm a fan of the way they do the all star games now, picking 2 team captains. it basically becomes a popularity thing in a way. as in who is friends with who

The fact that that Clippers vs Bucks isn't nationally televised let's me know this whole thing is a scam

im already not sure if i'm a fan of the way they do the all star games now, picking 2 team captains. it basically becomes a popularity thing in a way. as in who is friends with who
With the East and West being so unbalanced, it makes more sense to do it that way

With the East and West being so unbalanced, it makes more sense to do it that way

i think my issue is more the team captains aspect maybe. i like when the fans pick the players, or at least a few should be fan picks maybe.
nba all star weekend used to be one of my favorite things. i'd love to go one day

Can't imagine my life without basketball, luckily it's easy to follow all latest news and live basketball scores online on xscores.com/basketball. I just need to click on NBA League short name to see the basketball tables/standings of the selected league.

Last edited:
i would really like to see my first professional NBA game in 2020.

Vince Carter is my favorite all-time player and would love to see him in person before her retires

So, near the half way into the season...
I think Miami and OKC is my most surprised team so far. Who would thought that the both team can be this good?

Especially Miami...I am glad that they are back on the right track after missing the playoff last season. They currently no.2 in the East.

And the most dissapointing team I think is Philadelphia...with the talent they had on the roster, surely they should be better than the 25-16 record.

Also the thing I have noticed is ... this season with Golden State out of title contender, the hype is not as high as the previous season, isnt it?
Plus, the rating is also down hard this season. Maybe next season when Golden State is fully healthy again, the rating will be up again. I hope.

So, near the half way into the season...
I think Miami and OKC is my most surprised team so far. Who would thought that the both team can be this good?

Especially Miami...I am glad that they are back on the right track after missing the playoff last season. They currently no.2 in the East.

And the most dissapointing team I think is Philadelphia...with the talent they had on the roster, surely they should be better than the 25-16 record.

Also the thing I have noticed is ... this season with Golden State out of title contender, the hype is not as high as the previous season, isnt it?
Plus, the rating is also down hard this season. Maybe next season when Golden State is fully healthy again, the rating will be up again. I hope.

Not sure how much of a fan you are, but it sticks in my craw a bit when people bring up ratings to insinuate the NBA is somehow struggling. The NBA has been flourishing for the past decade, comfortably behind the NFL. And it's been gaining traction. If anything, GS made the Finals a foregone conclusion, not anything particularly exciting. But I digress:

Philly will continue to disappoint until Simmons decides to shoot the ball more and/or they get another shooter. That or, judging from last night, play Korkmaz more.

I don't believe Miami is a real threat to Milwaukee or Philly unless they make a move. Again, more shooting in today's game is a must.

I will give you OKC though, they've been playing tough and for the criticism I've given CP3 over the years, he's been very good so far this season. And most importantly, healthy.

speaking on Miami, Nunn and Herro have impressed me so far this year

If Simmons could learn to shoot consistantly, man, he could be a huuuge threat. Not even shooting 3's, like the gag, but if he could find a consistant shot 10-15 feet away from the basket, he could open things up for his teammates so much.

Instead of Ariza, Portland could have gone for Covington
they have the same annual salary and Covington is younger and has a longer contract

Between their lateral personnel decisions last offseason and this one, does the Blazers GM even know what he's doing anymore..

Not sure how much of a fan you are, but it sticks in my craw a bit when people bring up ratings to insinuate the NBA is somehow struggling. The NBA has been flourishing for the past decade, comfortably behind the NFL. And it's been gaining traction. If anything, GS made the Finals a foregone conclusion, not anything particularly exciting. But I digress:

Philly will continue to disappoint until Simmons decides to shoot the ball more and/or they get another shooter. That or, judging from last night, play Korkmaz more.

I don't believe Miami is a real threat to Milwaukee or Philly unless they make a move. Again, more shooting in today's game is a must.

I will give you OKC though, they've been playing tough and for the criticism I've given CP3 over the years, he's been very good so far this season. And most importantly, healthy.

I am a casual fan, though I started to watch this game when I joined the basketball club in high school (I grew up during the rivalry between Shaq-Kobe Lakers vs Chris Webber-Mike Bibby's Kings, thats my first and still my favorite playoff series). Since then, I watched it and learned the champion history every year Hehe :). (Luckily, in Japan, there is a 2-3 games broadcasted every week).

I am not intend to say the NBA is somewhat struggling when I said the rating is down... I just read a article on Twitter a few days ago which its said that this season's rating is down in both ABC and TNT, along with some players (and former players) like Dwyane Wade who said that Golden State's struggling is somewhat make a factor with this season's rating down.

Thanks for your input there..,
I dont know much how Miami play this season (there was not many Heat game on my local broadcast) but I was surprised by their impressive record.

And on OKC, I surely thought this year OKC will be very bad, but somehow , under CP3, they managed to be this relevant in the West. When I watched they beat Houston last week, I was very impressed by this team!

How do you think of Milwaukee this year?
Do they one step ahead of Lakers?
I heard Scottie Pippen said that Milwaukee is a great team but not scary like 2010s Miami or 2016s Golden State is..

Last edited:
i am a Bucks fan. But Giannis is a clear #1 on that team and I'm not sure they can win the whole thing if Middleton is their #2. I feel like they need another star or someone to really really step up. I like Middleton a lot. I still can't decide if I like Bledsoe because I didn't like him in Phoenix. that big contract he's holding could free up some money to snag someone else.

I like the pickups of George Hill and Wesley Matthews. I feel like they're solid every-man type players. Brook has even stepped it up a lot.

also the Kings roster years of Jason Williams, Bibby, Webber, Christie, Peja, Webber, Bobby Jackson and Divac are my favorite team of all-time.

the Horry shot and Webber going down on that alley-oop against the Mavs still haunt me.

i am a Bucks fan. But Giannis is a clear #1 on that team and I'm not sure they can win the whole thing if Middleton is their #2. I feel like they need another star or someone to really really step up. I like Middleton a lot. I still can't decide if I like Bledsoe because I didn't like him in Phoenix. that big contract he's holding could free up some money to snag someone else.

I think this is why they can't beat the Lakers or Clippers (assuming either comes out of the West) because those other guys can't be trusted to step up when Giannis needs it.

IMO Bledsoe might be the worst starting PG in the whole league. His decision making and shot selection at times are baffling, so much so that after last year's ECF I thought for sure they'd make a move or put him on the bench.

Middleton isn't a #2 in the same vein as Paul George or AD/LeBron. And because of that, I can see Giannis being faced with a wall again. His jumper is improved, I still don't know if it's good enough to rely on solely...

ive been a fan of Giannis since draft night. I don't think his jumper can save them right now. But i respect the work he has done.

Middleton is a #3 at best. And I wouldn't mind them shipping off Bledsoe. I think he still turns teams off for what he did in PHX so not sure how many teams would consider dealing for him. Would have to be multiple players involved in a trade I think.

I can't help but imagine what this team would look like if Brogdon stayed.

Since the Kings seem to like trading, send us Fox. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"