Neon Shores by Al Hall

CashforStash

Baned User (get it)
Reaction score
Q: Who is Al Hall

A: Me.

Q: What is Neon Shores

A: A 12 issue graphic novel I am currently working on.

Q: What is it about?

A:

Neon Shores takes place in 1983, and it is named after the fictional city that resides in southern Florida. Like Gotham to New York City, Neon shores is like a more corrupted Miami.

The story is about Richard (18), senior in High School, and lives a average life. Pizza boy, he has his own car, his dad is the Mayor of Neon Shores, and he has a pretty respectable and decent girlfriend.

Stuff goes a little haywire when a drug/gang terrorist named "The Boss" arrives in Neon Shores with his crew and unknown motivations, taking down every gang lord until he is officially a number one target for the police department. The boss is jacked (think 6'2, 205 pounds), and is usually in business atire aside from the fact he wears a dark blue ski mask with no mouth hole, so just one big eye hole.

Richard's dad the mayor is also a big cocaine addict behind the curtains and runs a pretty shady show regarding underground crimes, so the boss targets the mayor over a hijacked radio broadcasting, stating that if him and is son do not surrender in front of city hall he and his goons will completely disarm bombs located in most of the city's buses.

This causes a frenzy and tons of anarchy assures. The boss starts wiping out the DA's and political figures in the city. Half the book is essentially mob based and the second half is terrorist/politcal based.

By the end, The boss lot nearly all his goons, and finally confronts the son and mayor in a completely shot down city hall, and comes out to say that the mayor back in the 60's burned and raped his village with his men, and that his (The Boss's) mom was raped by the mayor and that the Boss was conceived by the Mayor. Thus him being his son and Richards brother, and believing that "I was born with my village burnt down, so I'll die with yours in the same favour".

The Finale is awesome (don't want to spoil too much) and I obsess this idea everyday. I have a team of artists who are collaborating with me to get this project together on Kickstarter. We are still in talks to conclude a final wanting price.

Any ideas Hype? It's been awhile and you guys have been there since my early days aha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"