Netflix, Mike Flanagan back at it again with 'The Fall of the House of Usher'

2 episodes in, and I love it. All the bad things you wanted to see happen to the Roy kids, you are going to see here. I love this cast so much, even if the individual episodes may focus more on one of the kids than the other. And the cast is amazing. And am quickly seeing where Langella would have run into trouble. Don't miss him though. Greenwood is pretty great in the role so far.

Got through all of the episodes, but until others get through with it, I won't be saying much, except one of the deaths might ruffle some feathers.

Last edited:
It was more a modern reinterpretation with bits of others Poe writings than a straight new version of House of Usher.
I didn't like it at first for raisons of my own but overall it was well made, maybe too verbal to my liking sometimes.
Bruce Greenwood was great.

I love it. It's a combination of poe's works under one narrative inspired by the Sackler family and its a little too on the nose with these elements which makes the overall narrative predictable but it's a solid watch regardless. I'd probably love it more had I not seen Dopesick

Off course thats whats on during the end credits of episode 5.

Since some of you already finished the series already, like I did:

any thoughts on Lenore being part of the death count for Verna at the end even though she was the good one in the family? I had said earlier that a death could ruffle some feathers for some people, and I was mentioning this one.

I just want to know why Mark Hamill sounds like he's been gargling with glass? :p

any thoughts on Lenore being part of the death count for Verna at the end even though she was the good one in the family? I had said earlier that a death could ruffle some feathers for some people, and I was mentioning this one.

Well, I had sort of locked it a bit too much on her saying "let the next generation pay" in the deal, so I was kind of blind sided when she came to Lenore. And man, it hurt. Gugino was so goddamn good in that scene Make no doubt, I didn't want Lenore to die. But, I think it was needed to add just that extra bit of monstrosity of what Roderick did.

I just want to know why Mark Hamill sounds like he's been gargling with glass? :p

Because that's how he wants to sound. I mean, he saw the part was for a "fixer", so he felt he needed that gravel to the voice. It worked quite well.

The Raven said the entire Bloodline had to go and based on her name alone, I figured she'd die

Just finished episode one. Damn, Mike Flanagan doesn't disappoint. I'm instantly hooked and wish I had the time to just binge the entire thing. THAT jumpscare was crazy, you never know when Flanagan is going to pull the rug out.

Really enjoyed this. A little more nasty than previous shows; Usher is full of terrible people facing grisly and poetic repercussions, and I'm all for it. The cast is great. The Flanagan regulars appearing are my 'Marvel Cameo', fantastic new faces too. Not perfect, I thought the Poe monologues came in thick and fast at the end and that was a bit jarring.

A nice final chapter for Flanagan's Netflix run. Still bitter Midnight Club didn't get a closing season, and that I can't get blu rays of my favourites. Looking forward to what the future will bring.

Well, I had sort of locked it a bit too much on her saying "let the next generation pay" in the deal, so I was kind of blind sided when she came to Lenore. And man, it hurt. Gugino was so goddamn good in that scene Make no doubt, I didn't want Lenore to die. But, I think it was needed to add just that extra bit of monstrosity of what Roderick did.

Because that's how he wants to sound. I mean, he saw the part was for a "fixer", so he felt he needed that gravel to the voice. It worked quite well.

Verna acknowledged that Lenore did good saving her mom from her dad following her accident, so she gave Lenore a peaceful death. If she had to die, let her die in peace, with no pain or suffering. That is what Verna did, which made her death more impactful for Roderick.

I think I need to watch it again, but I missed what happened to Tamerlane's husband.

Verna acknowledged that Lenore did good saving her mom from her dad following her accident, so she gave Lenore a peaceful death. If she had to die, let her die in peace, with no pain or suffering. That is what Verna did, which made her death more impactful for Roderick.

I think I need to watch it again, but I missed what happened to Tamerlane's husband.
I thought Tamerlane's husband just left. He walked out. Not a true Usher, he didn't fall under the curse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"