Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

witcher-meme-3-819x1024.jpg
I just hope that they mean early 2021 and not late 2021.

Damn I was hoping Season 2 would come out around the same time this year, but hopefully like KillerMcqueen said it's early 2021 and not late 2021.

I'm probably in the minority but I really dont like Jaskier's song and it annoys me to no end seeing so many people on my feed who've never read the books or played the games post the chorus.

I like the song a lot but it is being overplayed!

Linked By Destiny is one of the best pieces of music I’ve heard this year. Absolutely love the emotion, longing, epic scale, sense of adventure and high stakes behind it. It’s such a lovely theme

also I cannot get over that sword fight from the first episode. So so bad ass. Love the choreography and the best bit is the way Cavill short hurls a sword into the archer of the group as if it was a reply back to his jackass opening arrow shot.

Cavill as Geralt being a total bad ass was one of the coolest highlights of the show!!

the show has its moments and outside of my gripes with Fringilla, Triss, Cahir, and Cintra being sacked at the beginning, it was enjoyable.

Cavill is my only major gripe if I accept generally mediocre quality of this adaptation. He's awful.

He has moments where he's good and other's where he's trying too hard so I'm a big meh with him.

Couldn't bring myself to rewatching it since it will take a whole year (if we are lucky enough) for season 2 to be released...

I can totally picture myself (aggressively) throwing coins to people and merrily singing "throw a coin to your b!tches".

I'm finally watching this -- on episode 4. I dig it a lot more than I thought I would. Triss is the weakest part so far, by a wide margin. Maybe the controversy over her casting influenced me, but there's something about the actress that just irks me. I feel like the show tried to make us like her...but I don't.

I'm probably in the minority but I really dont like Jaskier's song and it annoys me to no end seeing so many people on my feed who've never read the books or played the games post the chorus.

You say that like in the games there are many great Dandelion ballads that deserve attention. Their arent. Witcher 3 is a 300 hour game and there is a single ballad and its sung by a different troubadour. So it's not as if Toss a Coin to your Witcher is robbing another ballad of attention.

TACTYW isnt some masterpiece, true, but it is catchy. It has a simple hummable rhythm and easy lyrics. Like most ballads and tavern songs. If people are spreading it then its doing exactly what it's supposed to do so that's a good thing.

This overwhelming positive reception despite show not being that great, still solid despite some flaws mind you, only gives me hope that we will get bigger sets, bigger action, bigger budget and better armor for Nilfgaard among things for season 2.

You say that like in the games there are many great Dandelion ballads that deserve attention. Their arent. Witcher 3 is a 300 hour game and there is a single ballad and its sung by a different troubadour. So it's not as if Toss a Coin to your Witcher is robbing another ballad of attention.

TACTYW isnt some masterpiece, true, but it is catchy. It has a simple hummable rhythm and easy lyrics. Like most ballads and tavern songs. If people are spreading it then its doing exactly what it's supposed to do so that's a good thing.

if I remember correctly the song that Priscilla sang was a collaboration with Dandelion. Even then, if that song is an indicator of the type of poetry and prose in the world of The Witcher then the show definitely fell short.

toss a coin to your Witcher is definitely catchy but feels out of place.

FINALLY!

That 'Toss a Coin' song from 'The Witcher' is streaming now - CNN

Nearly a month later, the streaming service has finally responded to calls to have the song available for streaming. They've also announced the full soundtrack will release on January 24.

"'The Witcher' Original Soundtrack is finally coming out!" wrote composer Sonya Belousova on Instagram. "Hope you're going to enjoy listening to it as much as we enjoyed creating it!!"

TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER
A FRIEND TO THE MANATEEEEEES
or something...

if I remember correctly the song that Priscilla sang was a collaboration with Dandelion. Even then, if that song is an indicator of the type of poetry and prose in the world of The Witcher then the show definitely fell short.

toss a coin to your Witcher is definitely catchy but feels out of place.
The thing that that threw me at first was Toss A Coin To Your Witcher has to much of a modern sound to it. And when it comes to things in a Medieval or Medieval like setting anything that has a modern sound, look or feel to it sticks out. I don't care if it's music, dialog, clothing or whatever. With that said I do really like the song even if it does sound a little to modern.

I hope it's true, but I don't really trust articles like this anymore.
Considering that according to a Variety article Netflix has changed what they consider a view from being 70% completion to 2 minutes these kinds of stats are and I'm not sure this is the phrase I really want to use questionable.

This overwhelming positive reception despite show not being that great, still solid despite some flaws mind you, only gives me hope that we will get bigger sets, bigger action, bigger budget and better armor for Nilfgaard among things for season 2.
It's a great boost to the prospect of fantasy shows showing that Game of Thrones wasn't a one off. The fact that it isn't perfect is an even bigger boost. Imagine what a 10/10 fantasy show with big spectacle could do.

Well this is a bit surprising, but a welcome one. Glad we are going to be getting more material. I hope it's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"