Netflix's The Witcher - General Discussion Thread

I guess this means that a nude actress website is the most reliable place for casting news on these shows now. Not sure how that happened.

Recapped apparently got right Cavill as Geralt, Millie Brady as Renfri, and now Anya Chalotra as Yennefer.

It boggles my mind, but whatever. Even a nude actress website blogger apparently knows people.

She will not look out of place with Cavill imo.

Rako9EK.gif

The writer said they cast about 50 people. So yeah, they won't reveal everyone.

To be fair, Yennefer is supposed to look pretty young. I'm not gonna write her off until I see the performance and the makeup and wardrobe will also play a role. Fans have been spectacularly wrong about their first impressions with casting decisions more than a few times.

The casting didn't avert the apocalypse for me. While Ciri and Geralt casting seem to be great, based on looks. Fringilla and Yen... Ugh. I'm not sure and I need to see more how they're going to deal with all that stuff. They still can **** it up in myriad of ways. Never underestimate PC writers and showrunners.

Casting an all white show isnt going to make it any better, if its bad its going to be bad and if its good its going to be good.

I'm reading that actresses billed as Sabrina and Fringilla are "novice sorceresses". Those are certainly not novice, so it's probably just speculation at this point.

Source: Netflix's 'The Witcher' Finds Its Female Leads (Exclusive)

Well it is a TV show. They are likely changing things around and taking creative license to service the adaptation of it being on TV.

So Sabrina and Fringilla might be new recruits in training for the lodge when we meet them rather than veteran sorceresses.

I guess this means that a nude actress website is the most reliable place for casting news on these shows now. Not sure how that happened.

Recapped apparently got right Cavill as Geralt, Millie Brady as Renfri, and now Anya Chalotra as Yennefer.

It boggles my mind, but whatever. Even a nude actress website blogger apparently knows people.
So true... they really nailed it.

That means you should go to Recapped for major casting scoops and not any of the other websites out there.

Casting an all white show isnt going to make it any better, if its bad its going to be bad and if its good its going to be good.
Casting an all-white show will make it look like it's supposed to. The writer said she doesn't want to change the roots, but wants to introduce it to the global audience. An all-white cast is impossible to introduce to the global audience? HS. Leave the source the **** alone. If they want diversity, find a different subject for adaptation or write new characters. GoT and LOTR did fine.

Casting an all-white show will make it look like it's supposed to. The writer said she doesn't want to change the roots, but wants to introduce it to the global audience. An all-white cast is impossible to introduce to the global audience? HS. Leave the source the **** alone. If they want diversity, find a different subject for adaptation or write new characters. GoT and LOTR did fine.

Casting a black or Asain, non white isn't going to change the roots. Even LOTR franchise made females bigger so it wasnt a perfect adaption.

If you want to watch a pure Witcher I believe there was a 90s series with zero poc.

Casting a black or Asain, non white isn't going to change the roots. Even LOTR franchise made females bigger so it wasnt a perfect adaption.

If you want to watch a pure Witcher I believe there was a 90s series with zero poc.
Nobody is asking for a perfect adaptation. People understand when some changes are made for legit reasons. But LOTR films didn't mess with ethnicity of characters, their established look. And they didn't mess with the cultural origins.

Respecting the source when it comes to ethnicity doesn't automatically make it a great adaptation. It's just part of the whole. But changing ethnicity or/and appearance angers fans, creates narrative issues and for what exactly? Poc will feel abandoned or disrespected if there's not a single sorceress/king/peasant with dark skin or monolid eyes?

Her maturity is because she's biologically closer to 100 years old. Granted that's fantasy and all, and Anya Chalotra will have to put that through with her performance.

And look she might totally blow us away with her performance. I'm willing to admit that. Will wait and see.

Yeah agreed the age difference between her and Cavill is too noticeable right now hopefully the performance will make up for it but right now I have a hard time seeing it

Just saying if you have sources that can nail Witcher TV series casting...you should maybe aim a little higher than a blog for actress nude scenes.

Maybe that's where their interests lie...

Maybe that's where their interests lie...

I mean that's fine and all. But is such a website even making much money or ad revenue for them?

Now question. Is it realistic for this show to meet a 2019 launch? Let's say November-December 2019 at the latest.

One would imagine this show would require a lot of post-production and editing work? I know this season is only eight episodes, but is that really enough time?

I guess 1) it wouldn't surprise me if it got pushed back to 2020. And 2) I really don't want them to cut corners here. I don't need it to be like Game of Thrones, but I want it to look epic and convincing as well.

I think it's probably feasible, especially with the shorter episode count. Most shows work under a compressed production schedule anyway, I think a late 2019 launch is certainly doable. And now with the rest of the cast confirmed this does seem to be more a budget show than GoT. I imagine it has a similar budget to the Marvel Netflix shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"