Days of Future Past New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

I would love to see Wanda take on her father! I think that could be a really great move for the new movie, especially if you add in Quicksilver, as already they have tried to get into Erik's physche and I think that this would be a good extension!

FC1: Havok, Beast, Banshee, Mystique (joining Magneto at the end)
FC2: Havok, Beast, Banshee, Polaris, Sunfire.
FC3: Havok, Beast, Banshee, Polaris, Sunfire, Cyclops, Jean.
FC4: Havok, Beast, Banshee, Polaris, Sunfire, Cyclops, Jean, Storm.
This is my ideal cast for First Class 2 and 3. But I would include Storm in FC3.

would be cool, definetly.....

but, three new x-men on the same sequel?

that wouldnt let many time for each one to be developed

I don't think they would need a lot of time (like the movie that doesn't have to be just about them) for character development since we already saw them in the original trilogy as adults. They just need to be one of the main focuses of the movie. We had Professor X, Mystique, Beast, Sebastian Shaw and Magneto in First Class and they were developed pretty well in the movie.

Last edited:
yeah, thats why the real x-men should have more focus on a sequel, specially Scott and Jean, after their treatment in the original trilogy

Yeah, get to the depth of the relationship :o .
"Jean!"
"Yes Dear!"
"Where are my socks?"
"Which ones, Dear?"
"My special socks, the ones for my athlete's foot!"
"I don't know, Dear, didn't they come though in the wash!"
"No, I'm with the washing now and they're not there!"
"Well did you ask me to wash them?"
"Yes I did!"
"Are you sure that they are not in the machine still!"
"Quite sure, where are they!"
"I don't know, dear, why do you have to have special socks anyway, normal people manage!"
"Because if I wear my boots for too long I get hot and the athlete's foot comes back!"
"I don't know why you don't just that dealt with!"
"I've told you, woman, I have got a cream for it!"
"Then why isn't it gone yet!"
"I don't know do I!"
"Are you sure it's the right cream!"........

Saw XMFC for the first time last night....

Q- Why did we get loads of newbs instead of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel & Iceman?

I don't understand.

And because it made an awesome movie as opposed to more of the same. Besides, the original trilogy had made Iceman and Angel much, much younger than the rest.

But the XMFC line up was not the original line up, it made no sense.

It should have been Beast, MG, Cyclops, Ice-Man and Angel.
Like the 1960's comics.

That would have been awesome.

Like the 1960's comics.

Yeah it would have been cool. It makes sense cause its not a full reboot and is supposed to be in continuity somewhat with the other films. They wanted to have a film that could serve as a prequel and a reboot. They couldnt use them cause they would be too young. Luckily the film was awesome even though they were not in it. They gave us something different with FC and it worked plus seemed fresh. The X team is a bit weak but hopefully that will change. Im sure Fox wants to get back to those characters sooner then later.

And It didn't have wasp eather.The original Avengers were not brought together by Shield but came together themselves.

Like the 1960's comics.

You mean those early 60s comics that were a sales flop and ended up being cancelled, and were only a hit when revived in 1975 with Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Banshee and Nightcrawler?

So maybe The Avengers film should follow the original comic and have the actual first members of Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man and Wasp, who actually came together without SHIELD to tackle a Loki-controlled Hulk. Captain America didn't come in till later, and Hawkeye and Black Widow not for a long time after that.

Im sure Fox wants to get back to those characters sooner then later.

definetly. They know perfectly that the fans want the other original members, so that would mean Jean and Scott.

They probably want to please the fans more with this new series, but they have to respect the age of the characters from original trilogy, so they know they have to do it step by step.

Singer is a producer, and the creator of X1 and X2, so he knows perfectly what he's doing with this first class series.

Why would the movies just rehash the mistakes or just ok episodes of the past when they could make something really wonderful and worth watching by cherry picking the best and putting characters and concepts together in new and exciting ways?

they can do that with Jean and Scott too, dont you think? hehe

none is saying they have to be in the sequel, its not their time yet. They have the chance to do many movies with this cast, so do you think they wont introduce young Jean and Scott ever or what?

You mean those early 60s comics that were a sales flop and ended up being cancelled, and were only a hit when revived in 1975 with Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Banshee and Nightcrawler?

Let's be honest here, the reason XMFC was the best X film so far was not because of who made the team, but because a) the story of the origins/relationship between Prof X and Magneto and b) because the screenplay nicely interwove Prof X & Magneto's story's with the formation of the first X-Men line up against the backdrop of the cold war while ticking off cool X-Men cornerstones like the Blackbird and explaining how they got it.

This is why the film was good not because of who was on the team. But having said that, it would have been nice from a fan perspective to have the original line up as it would have tied in with the REAL original team. And you can't compare the original comics low sales back in the 1960's of a then unknown bunch of characters to todays market where X-Men is one Marvel's biggest properties. If it's got 'X-Men' in the title, people will watch it no matter what.

Aside from Beast and maybe Mystique, the rest of the XMFC team were incidental and had no character development aside from mastering their powers.

So maybe The Avengers film should follow the original comic and have the actual first members of Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man and Wasp, who actually came together without SHIELD to tackle a Loki-controlled Hulk. Captain America didn't come in till later, and Hawkeye and Black Widow not for a long time after that.

You mean issue 4? LOL

The first CLASSIC Avengers line up was Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Ant-Man and Wasp. In the film they swapped hank and Wasp for BW & Hawkeye so what.

The Avengers needed all the big guns as it was a culmination of MS first 5 films. XMFC was not a culmination of anything, it was a fresh start and hence totally different.

Let's be honest here, the reason XMFC was the best X film so far was not because of who made the team, but because a) the story of the origins/relationship between Prof X and Magneto and b) because the screenplay nicely interwove Prof X & Magneto's story's with the formation of the first X-Men line up against the backdrop of the cold war while ticking off cool X-Men cornerstones like the Blackbird and explaining how they got it.

This is why the film was good not because of who was on the team.

Yes, I agree with that, though there was the added appeal of some new faces like Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw of the Hellfire Club.

But having said that, it would have been nice from a fan perspective to have the original line up as it would have tied in with the REAL original team. And you can't compare the original comics low sales back in the 1960's of a then unknown bunch of characters to todays market where X-Men is one Marvel's biggest properties. If it's got 'X-Men' in the title, people will watch it no matter what.

With this being a prequel, they obviously couldn't use Iceman and Angel because they weren't even born in the 60s.

If it had been a reboot, and announced as such, then they may have gone with the original five from the comics.

But, even with the continuity issues, this is a prequel and all the films are meant to be part of the same world.

Amazing Spider-Man proved to me why reboots don't really work when the original series is still fresh in people's minds.

Aside from Beast and maybe Mystique, the rest of the XMFC team were incidental and had no character development aside from mastering their powers.

Yes, so far. It was about events that led to the formation of the team, rather than about the team. I would like to know more about Havok, Banshee, etc, if they continue to be in this series.

You mean issue 4? LOL

But, still, Captain America was not a founder member of the Avengers.

The first CLASSIC Avengers line up was Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Ant-Man and Wasp. In the film they swapped hank and Wasp for BW & Hawkeye so what.

So it's not the same as the comics, that's what.

The Avengers needed all the big guns as it was a culmination of MS first 5 films. XMFC was not a culmination of anything, it was a fresh start and hence totally different.

Yes, hence we didn't need to see the original five.

But, still, Captain America was not a founder member of the Avengers.
So it's not the same as the comics, that's what.
Its easy to see why both teams have chose there teams, comparing the XMFC roster to Avengers in terms of being like the comics isnt even comparable though.

Avengers is not just based on 616. Ultimates comes into play big time especially with Black Widow and Hawkeye. Cap shows up issue 1 there. Cap has and will continue to be leader of the Avengers for a very long time. A 4 issue difference isnt anything. Hes essential. As is Cyc and Jean to many X fans. Havok, Banshee, Mystique, Angel Salvadore and Darwin are not. I think there will always be fans who are disappointed by that and I can def see why.

XMFC is awesome without the main 5 but its years to decades away from its founding team. With only two. Prof X and Beast.It worked in their continuity and actually made for a good Prof X Mags story as well as one of the best films. Thats all that matters imo.

Last edited:
Its easy to see why both teams have chose there teams, comparing the XMFC roster to Avengers in terms of being like the comics isnt even comparable though.

I guess so, in terms of the extent of comic book similarity.

Avengers is not just based on 616. Ultimates comes into play big time especially with Black Widow and Hawkeye. Cap shows up issue 1 there. Cap has and will continue to be leader of the Avengers for a very long time. A 4 issue difference isnt anything. Hes essential. As is Cyc and Jean to many X fans. Havok, Banshee, Mystique, Angel Salvadore and Darwin are not. I think there will always be fans who are disappointed by that and I can def see why.

Maybe, though the choices served the story.

And if the Avengers franchise ever went back to the 60s and 70s to show Nick Fury had an earlier team, then we wouldn't be seeing any of the existing characters from the Avengers film either.

XMFC is awesome without the main 5 but its years to decades away from its founding team. With only two. Prof X and Beast.It worked in their continuity and actually made for a good Prof X Mags story as well as one of the best films. Thats all that matters imo.

If it's a prequel (regardless of continuity issues) then yes it had to be that way.

Even if Darwin and Angel Salvadore seemed like random choices to fans, they obviously weren't.

Darwin gave ethnic diversity and was a sacrificial character who drove the story forward (plus, he died in the comics as part of Xavier's team in Deadly Genesis).

Angel also added ethnic diversity and a flying mutant to battle with Banshee (and I recall at one point Vaughn had wanted this version of Angel in his version of X3).

If it's a prequel (regardless of continuity issues) then yes it had to be that way.

Even if Darwin and Angel Salvadore seemed like random choices to fans, they obviously weren't.

Darwin gave ethnic diversity and was a sacrificial character who drove the story forward (plus, he died in the comics as part of Xavier's team in Deadly Genesis).

Angel also added ethnic diversity and a flying mutant to battle with Banshee (and I recall at one point Vaughn had wanted this version of Angel in his version of X3).
Yeah I agree. Even Banshee was chosen because he could use Sonar. They all had reasons some way or another. Unfortunately they werent brought on for their characters. Rest of the cast did good. Was watching again and the Performances and arcs with Prof X and Magneto still impress me even after multiple viewings. Those guys just sell it man. Still have my problems with the third act X Men fights and not enough of the team. But hope to see that improved on.

And we have to remember that Darwin and Angel were never x-men, they were just recruited to be a part of the CIA special team, but both were out of that team in a matter of hours.

The only x-men of the movie were Beast, Havok, Banshee and Mystique, who left the team at the end of the movie too.

So would have we liked to have well known x-men, to leave the team in the middle of the movie?

That's the question.

Yeah I agree. Even Banshee was chosen because he could use Sonar. They all had reasons some way or another. Unfortunately they werent brought on for their characters. Rest of the cast did good. Was watching again and the Performances and arcs with Prof X and Magneto still impress me even after multiple viewings. Those guys just sell it man. Still have my problems with the third act X Men fights and not enough of the team. But hope to see that improved on.

I guess the issue is whether the film would have suffered if they hadn't added in these minor characters. Probably not. Arguably, we didn't really need Havok, Angel, Darwin and Riptide at all. Havok could have been replaced with Sunfire if they needed an energy blaster.

But the X-Men films have always had a tradition of adding in minor characters. Except for the first two films, which were more restrained in that way and resisted the temptation to add in mutants for minor appearances.

Such minor characters either give us little Easter eggs and fan-pleasing moments, or people get frustrated over them because it feels like trying to force things into the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"