Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that maybe in the future, Xavier invents a special wheelchair that, when it hits 88 mph, turns into a time machine and takes him back to the 1970s.

Along with the time traveller:

bttfii_2.jpg

mind-blown-2.gif

But seriously, folks...

This is Singer's polite way of saying: "She's not in the movie."

"I love working with her." Heh. I'm not even going there... (Singer hasn't "worked with her" in 12 years)

Very PC response to a genuine question, doesn't answer, doesn't tell.

Anything can change, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

:word:

I'm inclined to agree with you on the bolded part. I do think that Storm is not in the movie. It's a shame because Storm actually appeared in the comic book story arc and is more deserving of a place than, say, Rogue (as much as I love her) Especially when you think that of the current future team magneto is the only real threat to the sentinels and his battles would make for the greatest visuals. Storm would easily take that position if she were involved, such a huge opportunity in the form of action scenes is being missed here.:doh:

Bryan may have no feud with Halle Berry but it's obvious that he doesn't like Storm when he chooses to omit a character like storm and give the lame excuse of 'It might not make sense in the story'. If you picked up a damn comic book you'll see why it makes sense.:cmad:

Right now the only reason I'll be watching this is because of sentinels, Hugh Jackman and Jennifer Lawrence.

well, its Matthew and Simon Kinberg who made the script.

yeah, Bryan could have deleted her role, but.... do you really think that's an easy work?

If Storm was in the first script, having a pivotal role in the future, with dialogue with Wolverine, Kitty and co. To change all those scenes would be a big work. not just something you do during 2 hours.

I bet Halle didn't want to be in the film because her character dies on screen in the future.

I bet Halle didn't want to be in the film because her character dies on screen in the future.

I truly doubt Halle would say no to this movie. But you never know with her.

Halle would say yes without doubt.

she would want to be part of this masive movie. Specially when many of her old mates are back.

the "Halle acts as a diva" is so dated.

I don't think Halle would decline just because Storm dies. Career-wise she could do with it and she's been wanting another X-Men film since X3.

The only reasons she could turn it down are:

1) Disruption to her daughter (probably not an issue as Cloud Atlas was shot in Germany, Scotland etc.)
2) The Wachowskis want her for Jupiter Ascending and it's a better role than what Storm has been given in DoFP.

I'm still holding out, but it's no surprise that Singer isn't fond of the character. I'd rather have Storm than Rogue and/or Iceman.

do you really think Singer and Kimberg decided to drop the character?

as I said on the other topic, thats not a easy work.

It would lead to change part of the action scenes, the dialogue between the x-men, and more stuff

if Matthew and Simon used Storm for certain plot points, it would be difficult to substitute those points with another character, specially if the new character doesnt have the same power as Storm

you get what I mean?

I don't think Halle would decline just because Storm dies. Career-wise she could do with it and she's been wanting another X-Men film since X3.

The only reasons she could turn it down are:

1) Disruption to her daughter (probably not an issue as Cloud Atlas was shot in Germany, Scotland etc.)
2) The Wachowskis want her for Jupiter Ascending and it's a better role than what Storm has been given in DoFP.

I'm still holding out, but it's no surprise that Singer isn't fond of the character. I'd rather have Storm than Rogue and/or Iceman.

And even if that were to happen Halle could still be kind enough to do both films. Storm is a huge part of her career and I think she wouldn't let her go just like that.

Electrix I had the same thought, about Halle joining Jupiter Ascending, she and the Wachowskis got along so well. I wonder who she would play. Possibly the queen?

do you really think Singer and Kimberg decided to drop the character?

as I said on the other topic, thats not a easy work.

It would lead to change part of the action scenes, the dialogue between the x-men, and more stuff

if Matthew and Simon used Storm for certain plot points, it would be difficult to substitute those points with another character, specially if the new character doesnt have the same power as Storm

you get what I mean?

I completely agree with you Angamb but the question is was Storm originally a part of the Vaughn/Kinberg script in the first place. We're just assuming she was, if she was not included then I doubt Bryan would write her in when it's obvious he doesn't like the character.

I do wonder what minority character they'll introduce now. Storm was the biggest and the most familiar with audiences, I guess Bishop could be introduced or Darwin could return.

I wonder if Matthew used her or not too.

Thats my main question.

If he decided to not include her, Bryan will have a hard time doing it, definetly. Specially giving her a important role like the rest

Oh I wish someone would interview Halle already, I want to hear her side of this. I wantto know if she's been approached yet and if she's open to returning.

we'll probably find it out this month or on March

Its because I care about those things why I understand how important Storm is to the story. :whatever:

And also, the cast at the moment is uncomfortably white.

How is Storm important to the core of the story?

All white movies don't seem to be a big issue. Just look at the Avenger's cast lol Other than Sam Jackson's supporting role.

I would like to see Storm introduced as a younger character in the past. Who knows how old movie Storm is anyway. Hell, she has grey hair! Maybe the time traveller (or are they making travellers now?) could recruit past Storm (and this would add dramatic tension with future Storm being dead - the reason she helps them is that she's saving her future self).

I just don't want Halle in the movie. She's awful.

IF Storm isn't in this movie they better have a good excuse/explain it. They can't just not mention Storm in the movie. Maybe she's already dead at he start of the movie?

With so many characters from the original trilogy returning, fans have been shocked not to see Halle Berry's name yet. Storm survived Brett Ratner's "The Last Stand," but a return has yet to be confirmed. Singer said that an appearance from Storm is still up in the air. "I can't say. I don't know yet. And it's not necessarily a deal making aspect at all," he said. "I want to make sure it'll make sense. But I love working with her."

The mass s***ting on the source material has already begun, god bless him. :mad:

She had a pivotal role in the source material AND survived The Last Stand and was Headmistress at the end of the film. With all those factors, how do you pick this movie up after X3 and her involvement suddenly NOT MAKE SENSE--but Rogue (who gave up her damn powers in X3) does??? Really?!!?!!

If Storm is not in this film it'll be because Bryan's playing favorites. It's just that plain and simple.

How is Storm important to the core of the story?

All white movies don't seem to be a big issue. Just look at the Avenger's cast lol Other than Sam Jackson's supporting role.

Sam Jackson has a pretty pivotal role in the Avengers franchise. He's like the connective tissue between all the films and, as the head of SHIELD who brought together the team, it's a key part. He was even the basis for the comic book version of Nick Fury in the Marvel comic books Ultimate line, as Fury was previously white.

I would like to see Storm introduced as a younger character in the past. Who knows how old movie Storm is anyway. Hell, she has grey hair! Maybe the time traveller (or are they making travellers now?) could recruit past Storm (and this would add dramatic tension with future Storm being dead - the reason she helps them is that she's saving her future self).

I just don't want Halle in the movie. She's awful.

With or without Halle, it's pretty obvious that Storm does need to be done properly in this series. She needs more substance.

If necessary, they could recast with someone like Paula Patton or (my earlier suggestion) Christine Adams (whose age is never stated anywhere). For a much younger version, I have no idea who would be best.

What does he mean by it's 'not a deal making aspect'?
I don't think I fully understand what he's saying.

But your right Lightning, it makes no sense keeping her out then keeping her in as Bryan seems to claim.

yeah, Bryan could have deleted her role, but.... do you really think that's an easy work?

If Storm was in the first script, having a pivotal role in the future, with dialogue with Wolverine, Kitty and co. To change all those scenes would be a big work. not just something you do during 2 hours.

Ehhh minor, supporting characters are written in and out of screenplays all the time. It is not as big deal as you are making it out to be. It might take more than 2 hrs, but that's no big deal. She could easily be rewritten out of all the X-men films! I'm thinking of doing a rewrite of the original trilogy and excising her! The only one that might present any challenge at all is X3 (but still not much - lack of Storm doesn't really change the structure of the story AT ALL).

Why would she have a pivotal role in the script? She has not had a pivotal role in any of the X-men films, so why would they suddenly write her one in DOFP? What you are suggesting just really doesn't make sense.

I think he means that her appearing does not change things one way or another. I suspect the main structure of the film is laid out and Storm is not a part of that.

I think he means that the issue isn't negotiations or even that there are no negotiations. It sounds like he wants to get the script right somehow (which seems weird with filming starting in eight weeks) and it's interesting about it having to 'make sense' when she would be in it without question if it's set not long after X3.

I think he means that the issue isn't negotiations or even that there are no negotiations. It sounds like he wants to get the script right somehow (which seems weird with filming starting in eight weeks) and it's interesting about it having to 'make sense' when she would be in it without question if it's set not long after X3.

Thanks, clears things up a bit.

I think his statement is just a lame excuse

Why would she have a pivotal role in the script? She has not had a pivotal role in any of the X-men films

Um, what? She shut down Jason in X2 and prevented Xavier from obliterating humankind (ergo, "saved the day") and she was the lead actress in X3. Did you even see X3? At the end of the film, she was the school's Headmistress at Xavier's request. Halle Berry has had top billing in 2 of the first 3 films.

Your posts are making zero sense.

why would they suddenly write her one in DOFP? What you are suggesting just really doesn't make sense.

I realize you clearly don't care for the character and that's fine. But I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you also haven't read the DoFP comic either, riiiight? :whatever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"