Days of Future Past Top 5 burning questions about Days of future past

marvelrobbins

Avenger
Reaction score
1:Who Is time traveler

This Is number one question and we may not get an answer till Comic Con.There are several possibiltys.patrick Stewert changes minds with James Mcavoy.Wolverine changing minds with younger self.WOlverine and Rogue or Wolverine and Kitty Physically time travel.Bishop(assuming that's who Omar Sy Is playing_ physically time traveling(but elimating any crossover between Trilogy and first Class casts) Kitty gaining device that allows her to phase In time.

2;What Is connection between The wolverine and Days of future past?

It's been said by Fox Marvel film Creative consulant Mark Millar there will be connection between films by what? Could the reported Famke Janssen cameo be some kind of connection?Rumor has It it took 3 days to film.Will we see at end sentinles being unleashed?Will It be simply at end wolverine decides to return to mansion?Is It post credit scene showing some of first footage for DOFP?

3:What about the Human characters?

We know from Bryan Singer Richard Nixon will be an actual Character In film.Unlike First Class where mostly historical Characters were seen only In newsreels.It's fairly obvious Peter Dinklage will be playing a human character.Rumor Is he Is playing boliver trask.With storyline It makes sense he would be playing someone connected to Sentinles.Now could It be say Stephen Lang or original Character created for film.Yeah but he's almost certinly someone Involved In sentinles.And who In film Is target of Brotherhood's assassination
plot which If sucessful will lead to dark future?Is It Dinklage's character rather It's trask or somebody else.Or could It be Nixon himself

4:How are 1973 and future scenes balanced

Report said majority of film takes place In 1973.Bryan SInger more or less confirmed that with saying past of film does take place In 1973.But,if film takes place primarly In 1973 how does It balance with future.Like comic does it cut back and forth between the 2 time frames?Do we get an expanded opening lasting between 25 to 30 minutes In future and rest of film In past?

5:Why are James Mcavoy,Michael Fassbender,Jennifer Lawrence,and Nicholas Holt the only first Class actors confirmed for film?

We are a month away from filming and yet those 4 are only ones from first Class(apart from Hugh Jackman) confirmed.Remember a majority of film will
take place In 1973.The X_Men clearly aren't going to be Xavier and Beast and Brotherhood won't just be Magneto and Mystique.The X-Men's rank will likely
be added by 1 or 2 time time travelers.

Are there going to be some recasting of characers like havok,Banshee,and Emma Frost using the 11 year time jump between first class's ending and begining of DOFP?Are since the first Class actors under contract they wanted to wait and announce them and the actors have been told to say they know nothing?

Some people are saying well they will just bring In younger versions of characters from trilogy and characters not used yet.But here are problems

Bryan SInger had confirmed they aren't Ignoring Origins and Last Stand.That alone prevents teenage versions of Cyclops and Jean grey In 1973.While you could get away with teenage version of Storm especilly since exact time trame of trilogy wasn't established.

If you dismiss havok and Banshee as C list characters then what do you call characters like Polaris,Dazzler,and SUnfire?And If you have Bishop as sole time traveler or have time travel be Xavier switching minds between younger and older self you are left for majority of film Beast as sole known X-Man.Polaris having same powers as Magneto,and her connection to Magneto creates problems.And really does anyone want to see her If they drop havok.

And with Brotherhood If they drop them all except magneto and Mystique who Is left to draw from except maybe Avalance and Destiny.Sabretooth and Blob can't because of Origins.Trying to bring In Quick silver or scarlett With or both has problems due to their Magneto connection.They replaced Mastermind with new character In X2.Maybe they would throw In a teenage version of Toad.

They could still do Sabertooth and say screw Origins. I doubt few see that film as cannon. Still, it would be tough to do Sabertooth more for other reasons. Probably throw in one or two mutants who aren't as well know like Riptide was. The problem with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver is more they are too big of characters to explain in this film. They are characters that need a little time to explain and give time to do correctly.

These really are some bruning questions, lol.

The one I'm most interested in is the identity of the time traveller. I never would have expected Kitty to be in with a shot, but after Singer casting Page and promising fans will be pleased with her, she may well fulfill the role as she did in the comic. A device that allows her to "phase" through time makes a kind of sense, enough to work as the maguffin.

If not Kitty, I'm hoping for Rogue. The more time with that character the better. I want to see how far she's come since X2, and there's no-one better to communicate the radical changes of the future than her.

Kitty should be the time traveler or else it'd just feel undone. However, there could be a second time traveler. One on the other side who's here to assist with the construction of the Sentinels.

I hope that Wolverine's role is limited to the future with Jackman playing Old-Man Canadian-Resistance-Fighter Logan alongside the rest of the old cast. I'm guessing that Patrick Stewart and Sir Mckellen will be getting minimal roles and that should be good enough as long as they get Stewart in the narrator's seat again. I hope Singer pulls that one through.

The time traveler should be Kitty. Not Rogue. I'd rather they not bring in Rogue at all but since they're going that route, I guess that makes some sense. I'm guessing Bobby and Rogue will work similarly to Colossus and Rachel from the DOFP timeline if that makes any sense.

I'm mostly curious about Storm. She needs to have a strong role in this. I hope that pans out. I'm actually looking forward to Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique alone. And what else..

The connection between Wolverine and DOFP -- a bridge. If we see little of Jackman in the xmen film, the wolverine would be a sort of film that gives us a better look at what he's been dealing with since X3; making his return to the surviving x-men in DOFP something significant.

The Human Characters -- I'm going to bet that the central idea here would be the creation of the Sentinels, Time Traveler comes back to prevent that. The original story is very short so I don't think it'll end with one clash with the Brotherhood. If Nixon is so pivotal a character then Sen. Kelley may just as well be put away with; but the purist in me doesn't want that. It should be Sen. Kelley, I'm as curious as everyone else how that pans out. There will possibly be a significant Trask/Master Mold subplot in there somewhere that links up to Days of Future Past. If Cyclops is indeed given some significance, then we might see him destroying Mold in the end like he does in the comics.

I'm confused about the origins timeline though -- where does that place scott and emma? And it's also very important that due to the nature of time travel (and this is from the book itself) they might be suggesting that Singer's original movie with Sen. Kelley's death, Origins, and First Class and of course DOFP are all part of separate chronological strands.

my Bruning DOFP question is still about the costumes... since its no leather, is it full on blue spandex?

1. Kitty most likely. Rogue can swallow her powers though, or Kitty could just hold and drag her in. Rogue, if she has Juggernaut powers, would be beneficial in the future. You need some muscle there. I think it will be Bishop and Kitty going back, and that wouldn't overshadow the major players from the First Class cast.

2. I think The Wolverine will intimate some DoFP developments. But it is a Japan story so it's not really a platform for a backdrop. Really, I don't see the point of making another Wolverine movie to begin with. Not really significant to DoFP IMO.

3. I still think the Kelly assassination will be the tipping point. Nixon wasn't assassinated and it certainly won't be to prevent his impeachment either. We may not get all the answers here, but the events set into motion leading into DoFP will involve Dinklage and other humans not yet named.

4. I think 40/100 minute split 2013/1973 will suffice.

5. I think Kitty and someone else end up going back to pair with Beast and young Xavier. I think Banshee and Havok are done. Maybe they come back in the sequel to this film as teachers in the school. We may get some mutants not featured thus far. I'm am good with any combo above sans Wolverine.

I think the Brotherhood is the Big 2, and Azazel will be recasted. Don't forsee anyone else at this point. Creed is another possibility but one which I don't feel is very likely.

Last edited:
There are going to be some obvious time continuity problems if Rogue or Shadowcat are the time travelers. I wish it could be shadowcat because she is in the comics but obviously she wasn't even born in 1973. Neither was Rogue. Really, the only female character tied to the ORIGINAL trilogy that they could bring back from the future AND would make sense from a time continuity standpoint would be Mystique. If you think about it this could work:

- Magneto is already the leader of the brotherhood. They're not just going to throw his character away and make Mystique the leader like in the comic book story.
- Mystique's slowed aging would make it fit better in time continuity
- They could explain her "coldness" to brother-like Xavier. Maybe the psychic time traveling slowly removes her memory? I just know they're going to have to come up with something to make audiences believe someone would try to poison their 'brother' to death, even if you didn't agree with his political views.

Senator Kelly is dead.

It will be something different in the 70's that they will be trying to prevent. They're not travelling to 1973 to prevent a death that occurred in the 00's.

There are going to be some obvious time continuity problems if Rogue or Shadowcat are the time travelers. I wish it could be shadowcat because she is in the comics but obviously she wasn't even born in 1973. Neither was Rogue. Really, the only female character tied to the ORIGINAL trilogy that they could bring back from the future AND would make sense from a time continuity standpoint would be Mystique. If you think about it this could work:

- Magneto is already the leader of the brotherhood. They're not just going to throw his character away and make Mystique the leader like in the comic book story.
- Mystique's slowed aging would make it fit better in time continuity
- They could explain her "coldness" to brother-like Xavier. Maybe the psychic time traveling slowly removes her memory? I just know they're going to have to come up with something to make audiences believe someone would try to poison their 'brother' to death, even if you didn't agree with his political views.

Haven't they hinted in recent interviews that it could be physical time travel?

It sounds much more likely to me in this story. Just send Kitty/Rogue/whoever to 1973 physically, then send them back.

It doesn't really have to be Senator Kelly, Stryker Sr. would do. Or maybe just any sort of politician.

But you're right. I guess they can do physical time travel. Although there would still be an issue -- the first class X-men still don't know Rogue or Kitty being that they're not born yet. Why of all people would the future X-men decide to bring someone who wasn't even born yet and whom they don't know? Not to mention, I think physical time travel will remove part of the charm of the original story. It was interesting having to watch a character convince her teammates that she had psychically time traveled from the future.

for that same reason, young Beast, Havok and Banshee (if they return) dont know Wolverine either.

So whoever travels back, Kitty, Wolverine, Rogue, Bobby, Storm... the 70's x-men wont know him/her.

It doesn't really have to be Senator Kelly, Stryker Sr. would do. Or maybe just any sort of politician.

But you're right. I guess they can do physical time travel. Although there would still be an issue -- the first class X-men still don't know Rogue or Kitty being that they're not born yet. Why of all people would the future X-men decide to bring someone who wasn't even born yet and whom they don't know? Not to mention, I think physical time travel will remove part of the charm of the original story. It was interesting having to watch a character convince her teammates that she had psychically time traveled from the future.

I expect a generic politician, myself. Or, if Peter Dinklage's character is the main villain of the future - have the assassination attempt be on his politician father, whose death caused his son to grow up to become a mutant-hater, with sentinels. Or something to that effect.

Well, that's the thing, really. The FC team consists of Xavier and Beast. Unless they send back Magneto... there isn't really anyone they can send back who the '73 team would know.

for that same reason, young Beast, Havok and Banshee (if they return) dont know Wolverine either.

So whoever travels back, Kitty, Wolverine, Rogue, Bobby, Storm... the 70's x-men wont know him/her.

if wolverine is one of the time traveler then it defo means the events of X3 will be changed as wolverine was introduced to beast in X3

another reason why Wolverine shouldnt time travel :D

another reason why Wolverine shouldnt time travel :D

I still wouldn't mind Wolverine and Rogue being the travellers. :cool:

If he stays in the future, I at least hope a sentinel blasts his clothes off or something. :awesome:

*gets coat*

Im all for Kitty, or Rogue.

A x-girl joining the 70's x-men.

Wolverine joining young x-men? no thanks

Most likely if they stick with a mind swap, it's going to be younger Xavier with older Xavier. Xavier is dead in X-3. So unless the twin brother thing pans out, which is kind of lame, I am hoping the swap took place right before Xavier died. Considering Stewart is in this, I think Bishop or someone else opens up the time continuum to send Xavier's conscience back to 1973. Maybe they'd pick up from the final credit scene from The Last Stand. The conscience getting swapped with another mutant is a little less believable.

That being said, if it's just a mind swipe, then the 1973 rosters are still really light as of now. And considering how heavy the cast is in the future, maybe future sequences are getting a lot more time than we anticipated... IF no physical time travel takes place.

Singer said there will be new younger characters.

So that would mean at least TWO new young mutants on the sequel. (maybe more, who knows)

are u a hard Wolverine fan or what? lol

Your going to have to deal with Wolverine being In key role.Just like some are going to deal with Patrick Stewert Is In film as Xavier and and It Is post Last Stand.At least the future
scenes.

Haven't they hinted in recent interviews that it could be physical time travel?
Singer actually hinted at the opposite.
It deals with, I don't want to say time travel, but time displacement. A form of time travel which is steeped more in the X-Men [mythos].
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02...in-the-brett-ratner-directed-x-men-last-stand

I'm not exactly sure what he means by time displacement, but it seems like they're going to try to be accurate to the comics in their method of time travel. Maybe there will be an Xavier mind swap, as Mr.M suggested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"