Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's used well in DoFP I guess I wouldn't complain. I still wouldn't want him to take too much screentime away from the FC characters - yes his presence might be one of the selling points, but as I'm not a Fox executive it's not my job to care about that stuff.
Unless its Xavier,Raven.Magneto or Beast someones gotta fill that traveler role and take up a bit of time. Since they will be interacting with the First Class crew I dont really see that as taking away screen time.

The First Class crew has gotta step up the fire power somehow, otherwise its just gonna be Magneto stealing every scene again. Which is cool, but the X Men during the 70s gotta have a stronger line up or something. Especially since the modern team is turning up to be alot of A listers.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that maybe in the future, Xavier invents a special wheelchair that, when it hits 88 mph, turns into a time machine and takes him back to the 1970s.

I'm thinking that maybe in the future, Xavier invents a special wheelchair that, when it hits 88 mph, turns into a time machine and takes him back to the 1970s.

lmaooooooo

I'm down with this, but only if he leaves strips of flame from the wheels!

The fact that Halle has remained silent regarding the movie makes me believe that they're just trying to negotiate things and once it's figured out, it'll be announced! :)

That's nice positive way of viewing things.

I guess it is weird that she has continued to remain silent whilst other like January Jones, Famke Janssen, Rose Byrne and even Alan Cumming have made comments about their characters. I guess your theory could be right as I see no other reason why she would stay silent on this matter. If she didn't want to do it she would have denied her involvement a long time ago and if she did want to do it but didn't know whether she was coming back she could also do what Cumming did and voice her interest in returning.

Halle is a weird one when it comes to these things, I think back in 2005 she was the last actor to be confirmed to return to X3 so maybe same will happen with this movie as well.

Halle hasn't spoken about DoFP because she hasn't been asked about it. She hasn't done press since Cloud Atlas in October, and that was way before McKellen/Stewart were even attached so no interviewers brought it up. January Jones, Famke Janssen, Rose Byrne, Shawn Ashmore, Hugh Jackman and Alan Cumming have all been interviewed recently because they've had projects to promote.

The Call is out March 15th. Halle will probably be asked about it then. For all we know Halle could be signed, Singer's just waiting to announce it.

Last edited:
What have Famke Janssen, Rose Byrne and Alan Cumming said regarding DOFP?

Famke said Bryan should call her, but Jean/Phoenix is dead so it'd be difficult to bring her back again. Rose Byrne said she hasn't heard anything, and Cumming said he'd be up for it.

I take it all with a grain of salt though. Shawn Ashmore said he had no idea, but was announced just over a week later. Just because people ask doesn't mean they have to give an answer.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. Nothing from Marsden?

There was speculation that Fox wanted Halle and James back, but nothing has been said about those since. I imagine everyone would want to return. It's a sure-fire hit and they are all a bit old to join big blockbusters. Studios have moved on to younger folk like Channing Tatum etc.

If you google "Halle Berry X-Men Days Of Future Past" you'll find dozens of pages worth of finds on the subject. Apparently, in December and January the word on the street was that Bryan and Fox were pursuing both her and James Marsden to join the cast. Even The Hollywood Reporter did an article on it. The articles said that the actors were more willing to get on board since Bryan was at the helm again, so that should squash any "beef" rumors between Halle and Bryan.

It would be a major missed opportunity not to have Storm in this film, since she plays a pivotal role in both the future and the past in the comic. Besides by time DOFP comes out, we will have had at least 3 X-Men films without Storm in them...waaaayyy to alienate a major fanbase section of X-Men fans. :dry:

Singer unsure of Halle Berry's return

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1701664/x-men-days-of-future-past-halle-berry.jhtml

With so many characters from the original trilogy returning, fans have been shocked not to see Halle Berry's name yet. Storm survived Brett Ratner's "The Last Stand," but a return has yet to be confirmed. Singer said that an appearance from Storm is still up in the air. "I can't say. I don't know yet. And it's not necessarily a deal making aspect at all," he said. "I want to make sure it'll make sense. But I love working with her."

:hmm

To me this could mean that either Storm isn't in the script, but may be written in, or she was in the script, but was written out, but may be written back in.

He says wants to make sure it'll make sense bringing Storm/Halle Berry back. Well, she was the leader of the X-Men at the end of X3, she's the mutant who has the best chance against the Sentinels, and there's little fact that she was actually in the story. If it's not completely about getting Berry to sign on (which I imagine is part of it), then story-wise, there shouldn't be much trouble including Storm in the story.

ok, to me Halle is in.

He is creating the mistery, but in this point of the preproduction, he should know by now if Storm is part of the script or not.

I strongly believe Fox or Singer or both want to play a bit with the audience, and will finally announce it in the next months.

LOL :doh: That sounds ridiculous!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1701664/x-men-days-of-future-past-halle-berry.jhtml

To me this could mean that either Storm isn't in the script, but may be written in, or she was in the script, but was written out, but may be written back in.

He says wants to make sure it'll make sense bringing Storm/Halle Berry back. Well, she was the leader of the X-Men at the end of X3, she's the mutant who has the best chance against the Sentinels, and there's little fact that she was actually in the story. If it's not completely about getting Berry to sign on (which I imagine is part of it), then story-wise, there shouldn't be much trouble including Storm in the story.

They should bring back Storm whether he likes the character or not. She was the leader of the X-Men at the end of X3, she didn't die or lost her powers and she has the strength/powers to fight against the sentinels. Plus her character is one of the most well-known characters in the X-Men universe.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think we won't see future Beast or Jean. Jean wouldn't really make sense, it would just open a bag of worms.

I'm fine with neither returning. Like you said, Jean's presence doesn't make much sense and opens a bag of worms. As for Beast, I think there's such a stark contrast between the two representations that it would raise eyebrows. Besides, in The Last Stand, Beast is Secretary of Mutant Affairs, and we leave him as he's appointed US Ambassador to the United Nations. I think it would make a statement if he were to die at the hands of Government initiated (?) sentinels. In addition, his death makes it more personal for the First Class cast and, potentially, the time traveler as well.

Interesting quotes from Singer regarding Storm/Halle returning.

"I can't say. I don't know yet."

He does know because he's been working on the script for months, unless the re-writing involves adding/removing characters to fit the story. "I can't say" could be because a deal isn't complete, or he's waiting to announce later.

If Storm isn't involved it would be a shame.

Last edited:
I agree and hope it's simply a case of Singer wanting to announce her return later.

I would like if one of the returning actors was a surprise for the very first trailer.

I know its hard to keep a secret, but since almost everyone is excited with this sequel already, wouldnt it be amazing to see the teaser trailer and seeing one of the core xmen appearing now of a sudden, figthibg and showing his/her full power?

most of the fans would get crazy, with both the teaser and the surprise character

I doubt Fox does it, but I think it would be a smart decision

:awesome:

This is a weird one. It seems like Bryan is contradicting himself with his statement. He said he wants to make sure that every character has a function but at this point if he has not decided on a character's role then more than likely that character's inclusion would be just filler.

I think Singer is just throwing us of the scent and he's waiting to announce her later or he has just confirmed that Halle Berry will not be in this movie. I hope it's the former.

It's also interesting to see that he says he 'loves working with her' I guess that brings to rest all those rumours about the two completely hating each other.

I guess we'll have to wait to see this how this develops. but I'm beginning to lose hope fast.

mind-blown-2.gif

But seriously, folks...

This is Singer's polite way of saying: "She's not in the movie."

"I love working with her." Heh. I'm not even going there... (Singer hasn't "worked with her" in 12 years)

Very PC response to a genuine question, doesn't answer, doesn't tell.

Anything can change, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

:word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back