Days of Future Past Top 5 burning questions about Days of future past

Wolverine should stay in the future and fight Sentinels

Let me get this traight everyone IS advocing massive changes to Days of future past except for part about Wolverine:doh:

And do people really think In Fox's answer to Avengers the most popular X-Men character wouldn't have a key role:doh:

It's a bit early to be complaning about who the time traveler Is or balance of characters are.But,you have to naive not to consider possibilty of It being Wolverine.

I understand his quote as it wont be an actual time travel, but something connects to the past, like the mind of a mutant, just like the comic.

Singer actually hinted at the opposite.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02...in-the-brett-ratner-directed-x-men-last-stand

I'm not exactly sure what he means by time displacement, but it seems like they're going to try to be accurate to the comics in their method of time travel. Maybe their will be an Xavier mind swap, as Mr.M suggested.

That still leaves door open for Wolverine to be Time Traveler.Remember for now we have 4 mutants set for 1973 part of film Xavier,Beast,Magneto,and Mystique.Some would complain about Wolverine on these boards but at his point that's about the only way to have cross between 2 casts If they go with Mind Swipe.But,there Is very good chance If that Is direction they are going It will be mind swipe between Patrick Stewert and James Mcavoy.

Since Last Stand and Origins aren't being Ignored you can't have teenage Cyclops and Teenage Jean Grey In 1973

Remember we have 7 actors from Trilogy+4 from First Class+2 new actors(and we knew new actors will be up to 3 since someone will be playing Nixon) and there are limitians placed on them because of not Ignoring last Stand and Origins.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02...in-the-brett-ratner-directed-x-men-last-stand

I'm not exactly sure what he means by time displacement, but it seems like they're going to try to be accurate to the comics in their method of time travel. Maybe their will be an Xavier mind swap, as Mr.M suggested.

Time displacement made me think of LOST when the characters found themselves in the past.

I find a mind swap so... I'm not sure what I'm trying to say... but in the film medium, I would prefer something more physical, more visual. The fun of some 00's characters winding up in 1973 as a way to pulling the two casts together.

I think an Xavier mind swap could lead to both parts of the movie feeling a little disjointed.

agree.

Physical travel is much more fun, for sure

Time displacment probably involves the transfer of information from its initial point of arrival to a previous point of arrival on a timeline. Leaving a void of information from the future and an influx in the past. This fluctuation would have a ripple effect on the appearance of future information.

I think physicists are currently studying how to send information back in time last time I was watching Through the Wormhole on science channel. Singer is a realism guy and could go for this. I think the conundrum for theoretical people is if future information is destroyed as a result of this displacement, that violates conservation principles. Or does it simply change the probability of different bits of information from appearing, in which there is no destruction of information? In otherwords, is the information physically displaced, or does it exist in two places at once? On that argument, I'd argue sending information, or people, back through time would therefore DECREASE the number of future possible outcomes.

Last edited:
I'm still going with future Xavier sending his mind to 70s Xavier. We already know he possesses this ability (as shown in X3), so it seems like the logical choice to me.

But, my burning question is what will the 70s roster look like?

I don't think Wolverine has to be the time traveler.

There are likely going to be two concurrent storylines going on. One featuring the young X-Men, and one featuring the surviving future X-Men doing what they need to do to survive and succeed as the young X-Men try to stop the past events.

That's why I'm thinking it might be Bishop who is the time traveler...and he and Wolverine being depicted as pals, with one of them staying behind to fight for the future, while one tries to save the past.

You can't have two concurrent timelines if the idea is to change something in a closed loop, which would be the only motivation to go to the past in this instance. Why? Because as soon as you swap minds, or send a person back, the future will automatically be different in the closed loop scenario, and the dystopian future would immediately cease to exist, which is why the X-men time traveled to begin with.

Wolverine is gonna be one of the time travelers especially the majority of the film takes place in the 70s. They aren't gonna downgrade him into a supporting character. They will probably come out with a reason or a story for Wolverine to go back to the past.

They could very well have wolverine switch mind with younger self if they want to keep the
Days of future past time travel consent with what happened In COmic.Of course some on
this board will complain about that but It could happen.

They aren't gonna use his younger self. That would just confuse people, he could just time-travel along with other X-Men.

Well that was how It was done In Comics.If Sy Is playing Bishop they have 8 characters to
service In future scenes as well as Sentinles.And future scenes may only cover 30 Mintues out of 2 hour film.That Is best way to do If they don't use time travel device.Which by the way Is how they handled It In 90's animated show so many here want the film to copy.

Well that was how It was done In Comics.If Sy Is playing Bishop they have 8 characters to
service In future scenes as well as Sentinles.And future scenes may only cover 30 Mintues out of 2 hour film.That Is best way to do If they don't use time travel device.Which by the way Is how they handled It In 90's animated show so many here want the film to copy.

We have no idea how it all fits together yet. There is no way of knowing what they have planned in the story, and it's even harder to guess when there are possible alternate timelines. I don't think anyone here correctly guessed the entire stories of X1, X2, X3, Wolverine and First Class before they were released.

For instance, parts of X2 were like the God Loves Man Kills story but parts of it were new and surprising. And First Class was nothing like the comic of that name at all.

they gave wolverine a small cameo in first class, not an extended cameo so i don't see why him appearing in this film means they will make him the time traveler

its weird logic to say he is the stand out character so he has to be in most the film, its a written law or something, or FOX will lose money if he isn't in most the film

maybe he will be the time traveler, infact i suspect maybe storm,wolverine,rogue,kitty and iceman will all be the timetravelers, hense why we have heard nothing about any first class cast returning

but who knows

i know many say that Robert Downey Jr was the stand out character in the avengers but overall the biggest issue with him being in the avengers is that his super hero is masked and is usually a stunt man which limits Roberts screen time so they had to find reasons to give him face time and give him things to do so its not just a camera up to his face all the time

i know many say that Robert Downey Jr was the stand out character in the avengers but overall the biggest issue with him being in the avengers is that his super hero is masked and is usually a stunt man which limits Roberts screen time so they had to find reasons to give him face time and give him things to do so its not just a camera up to his face all the time

And all that worked out fine overall. The only really obvious part where they wanted an unmasked Tony Stark scene was where he is pouring a drink and talks to Loki, then summons the new armour as he falls from the building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"