Transformers New Footage!!!

Yūgi's BM;11520080 said:
Do you realize how silly you sound in that post, sir?

Cullen's voice has changed over the years, something to be expected, from less use of his Prime persona and old age. Cullen himself would easily admit this added onto the fact that this was a single line, an alien effect was added to his voice, and we cannot tell if this was a high-quality sound clip.

EDIT: And am I the only one that CANNOT SEE HIS STUPID LIPS? I honestly don't see what you guy's are complaining about.

Silly? You can't see his lips? And I'M the silly one? You sir were apparently drunk, or just came off a 2 week crack-binge not to notice Optimus Primes lips.

And as far as the voice is concerned. If he doesn't sound like Prime/Cullen, why even use him? Like i stated before, it seems apparent to me now, that hiring Cullen was nothing more than Bay buying the fans approval. Adding the Cullen name to the movie was simply a marketing tool, and nothing more as he doesn't sound like G1 Prime; which is what the fans hoped for when they lobbied for Cullen to be hired.

Oh, i forgot to add. With this new clip i am officially worried now, more than ever, that the classic transforming sound WILL NOT be used in the movie.:csad:

Well fans that saw several screened scenes said it was there during Blackout's attack scene.

I could see the lips but i coouldn't see the clearly enough to be able make a proper opinion of them

I could see the lips but i coouldn't see the clearly enough to be able make a proper opinion of them

Yeah. Me either.
I understand people's gripes... but, to me....... I dunno..... I guess I've already given up. The fish lips don't surprise me.

i never expected thhe sound.

I did... and still do. That's my last remaining deal-killer. Aside from Optimus looking somewhat like Optimus as a robot and sounding like him (hopefully), the transformation sound is the ONLY thing that connects with TRANFORMERS. Everything else might as well be Robots from Dimension X or Invaders from Gobotron for all I could possibly care at this point.

This sh* is so far removed from TRANSFORMERS it's a joke.

I did... and still do. That's my last remaining deal-killer. Aside from Optimus looking somewhat like Optimus as a robot and sounding like him (hopefully), the transformation sound is the ONLY thing that connects with TRANFORMERS. Everything else might as well be Robots from Dimension X or Invaders from Gobotron for all I could possibly care at this point.

EXCEPT for the fact that Robots from Dimension X or Invaders from Gobotron don't come from a planet called Cybertron. Or feature evil robots led by one called Megatron. And they probably don't have "sparks". Oh and probably don't transform into vehicles. Oh yeah, and have characters called Bumblebee, Jazz, Iron Hide, Ratchet...etc. Aside from that...yeah...EXTREMELY far removed from Transformers.

Here is the raw clip, will require downloading: http://www.globaltestmarket.com/se_images/208034-38.wmv

This link works just fine, and is in good enough quality to see how Prime's mouth looks when speaking. It looks great!!! BADASS FOOTAGE!!! The effects are too incredible for words!! How can something so UNrealistic look so BELIEVABLE!!! I just can't tell that it's CG, even though I try!!! it's ****ing incredible!:woot: :up:

This could very well be a leaked tv-spot soon to come on-line!!!

Silly? You can't see his lips? And I'M the silly one? You sir were apparently drunk, or just came off a 2 week crack-binge not to notice Optimus Primes lips.

And as far as the voice is concerned. If he doesn't sound like Prime/Cullen, why even use him? Like i stated before, it seems apparent to me now, that hiring Cullen was nothing more than Bay buying the fans approval. Adding the Cullen name to the movie was simply a marketing tool, and nothing more as he doesn't sound like G1 Prime; which is what the fans hoped for when they lobbied for Cullen to be hired.

I am but sixteen, so I can't drink. My monitor must be whacky or the clip was so dark I couldn't see (I looked at a screen cap and it seems his lips are on his chin! No wonder I didn't see it!).

As far as I am concerned it's the actor, not the voice. If you believe he's worthless just because his voice has changed a little then you're just shallow.

Oh, i forgot to add. With this new clip i am officially worried now, more than ever, that the classic transforming sound WILL NOT be used in the movie.:csad:

What's it really matter? If hasn't been used since...Beast Wars?

What's it really matter? If hasn't been used since...Beast Wars?

It's been promised to us. Well let me take that back...the fans said it was in the Blackout scene. So if they heard it there, it would make sense for all the transformers to make the sound when they transform. The clips and Tv spots say otherwise though, and i'm starting to believe that the classic transforming sound was only used during the sneak peek clips to create positive buzz for the film, as up to that point, all the buzz had been negative. It would be a really dirty move on the filmmakers part, if they only added the sound in for the screened scenes, and then took them out again for the actual movie....

About as dirty as casting Cullen and altering his voice so far that it doesn't sound a thing like G1 Prime ?

EXCEPT for the fact that Robots from Dimension X or Invaders from Gobotron don't come from a planet called Cybertron. Or feature evil robots led by one called Megatron. And they probably don't have "sparks". Oh and probably don't transform into vehicles. Oh yeah, and have characters called Bumblebee, Jazz, Iron Hide, Ratchet...etc. Aside from that...yeah...EXTREMELY far removed from Transformers.

LOL. Those are all names. NAMES. Substitute Gobotron for Cybertron, Cy-kill for Megatron and you still have the same EXACT movie.

What's in a name? Here's a challenge: try to explain how this movie IS like Transformers without referring to their "names." I bet you your description will be a lot more like another robots-that-transform franchise that I won't name (because, again, what's in a name?).

Don't know how I feel about the lips.

Yūgi's BM;11526746 said:
As far as I am concerned it's the actor, not the voice. If you believe he's worthless just because his voice has changed a little then you're just shallow.

Peter Cullen's voice has not changed THAT MUCH over the years. Maybe a tad bit deeper but nowhere near as deep as in that clip. Youtube some vids of Peter Cullen and you'll hear the difference. They drastically altered his voice for that clip...if its even him.

What's in a name? Here's a challenge: try to explain how this movie IS like Transformers without referring to their "names." I bet you your description will be a lot more like another robots-that-transform franchise that I won't name (because, again, what's in a name?).

why dont you try to explain how the original series is like TF without referring to names? same problem here, huh?

why dont you try to explain how the original series is like TF without referring to names? same problem here, huh?

Oh, I can do it. As can most fans I think. But, I suspect you don't really want to hear it.

if i would make a TF movie the first thing i would tell to my people would be that i will not have the sound.

IMO it is the worst thing that you could have in a big budget movie. the sound is and will be good for a cartoon about robots from the 80's IMO.

Oh, I can do it. As can most fans I think. But, I suspect you don't really want to hear it.

yeah because it would probably sound like the description of any random as you said "robots-that-transform franchise". No offence really, I'm a fan as well but Im looking at the whole thing from another angle.

Finally been able to get my bro to brighten up the clip of Primes lips.

What i saw was that Primes lips are two solid plates that simply moved up and down, in and out. The didn't morph about like human lips do.

While i'd prefer them to go back and put Primes battle mode on all the time, i'm not going to be p*ssed if they don't. The lips look ok... just not Optimus Prime.

For the love of jesus, all the robots have lips. Prime's is just usually covered by that face plate... which is in the film, just not in that particular scene. This is classic nitpicking at its most nitpicky.

if i would make a TF movie the first thing i would tell to my people would be that i will not have the sound.

IMO it is the worst thing that you could have in a big budget movie. the sound is and will be good for a cartoon about robots from the 80's IMO.

I wouldn't want the exact sound either. But something clearly reminiscent of it would be nice... along with the regular ol' industrial clanking and whirring.

There's a million ways the sound could be inserted with subtlety.

If one's sole original inclination is to order the exile of the transforming sound from the film, then I'd argue there's probably countless reasons your movie would suck.

Hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"