New He-man Movie!!

Spider Ranger said:
No Offence But He-Man Is Gh3y (Gay)I Mean Seriously Come On!!

Well he has FABULOUS Secret Powers...and he HAS been known to hold aloft his magic sword....hmmm...you may have a point there.

Okay what ever they say, but now seriously the way I envision he-man if the story is well written and the story has heart, it could end up being even better than lord of the rings, and Iam a huge LotR fan so Iam not joking here, this movie could be the most epic movie in decades.

So how many of us want a new He-Man film? Raise your hands, please.

I would most definitely. After all I did a casting call (Too much time on my hands/viable He-Fan here)...maybe Keira Knightley(King Arthur) as Teela. She could work better. She is...kick ass physical and she has acting chops no doubt. And I do agree...if done right (and maybe if shot in NEW ZELAND as was LOTR and NARNIA) it will be a film definitely worth seeing. An epic among epics...and a revitalizer to the MOTU Toy Franchise.

Anyone here remember Thundarr: The Barbarian? Kinda reminded me of He-Man & The Masters of the Universe.

Timstuff said:
The skeliton from Lost Skeliton of Cadavra could play an awesome Skelitor if he bulks up a bit. :up:

B00020HAY2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

that is quite possibly one of the funniest movies ever

Come on guys lets start fan casting this film, I have my ideas of the story, with details on battle scenes and everything, I will post it later. do not let this thread die, this is not only for the MOTU fans but for the fans of epic fantasy movies as well.

How about Liam Neeson as King Randor (father of He-Man/Adam), Viggo Mortensen as Man-At-Arms, Miranda Otto as the Sorceress, and some generic cute waif as Teela? (c'mon, you know that's what they'll do in the end with Teela)

Try casting She-Ra/Adora...

Liam neeson would be perfect for adams father and the king of eternia who could be the queen dont have a name yet. as for manatarms duncan, I don't think viggo is right for the role, hes a great actor hes perfect as aragorn, and thats the reason, if he goes manatarms, people wil see hi mas aragorn and not manatarms, I think he's better i n;eading roles rather than fatherly figures, wich duncan in a way is, as for he-man, well I would go with an unknown, but if I had to choose from some actors I would say this jason lewis guy, but I need to see if he can act, because for this role he would need to have two personalities play to characters much like clark\supes, adam\he-man would have to be as different as day and night, i nthe sense of voice tone and attitude specially, and lewis would have to put atleast 35 or 40 pounds, I mean I want he-man not some model trying to play him, if christian bale puts and takes weight for his roles, then so can anyone else and for he-man we need someone that can act and that has the looks and charisma also, plus the body too.

the sorceres could be miranda, or well someone like nicole kidman. but maybe an unknown brittish or australian actress.

Look at my original post...it has changed some...but yeah. I still think that Ted Levine (From Monk) would make a kick ass Man-At-Arms. He's got the right age...the physical build...the look...the acting ability and the gruffness of the character. I see him I think Duncan/Man-At-Arms.

OH and did I mention...for Keldor/Skeletor...Willem Dafoe???? Just look at him in Spidey 1! Perfect voice..build...ability...and he's got the facial bone structure to be skeletor. Brilliant...on my part I think. But I have been mulling around with casting a lot as of late. Look at my first post on this board and see what you think superkong.

Dr. Fate said:
Anyone here remember Thundarr: The Barbarian? Kinda reminded me of He-Man & The Masters of the Universe.

Yes I do...I liked that show as well. He had a kick ass Lazer Sword...he was a HANNA BARBARIAN!!! BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!

MOTUFreak said:
OH and did I mention...for Keldor/Skeletor...Willem Dafoe???? Just look at him in Spidey 1! Perfect voice..build...ability...and he's got the facial bone structure to be skeletor. Brilliant...on my part I think. But I have been mulling around with casting a lot as of late. Look at my first post on this board and see what you think superkong.

well first I think liam neeson would be perfect for king randor, as for the queen maybe cate blanchet or other known actress, the thing is that theres no room for all those characters you posted, we most get the best the most important, and the ones that can be translated to screen, okay man-at-arms well, remember that we are in a time that fantasy films are on the top of their game, and that for this kind of epic fantasy movie, we need people that can act and that are suited for this kind of stories, and not everyone is, okay as I was saying for duncan I think we most change his outfit, into a more medieval armor, of course with the bracelet blaster, but get rid of the silly helmet, give him a more detailed simetric better shaped helmet, with eternian motives engraved on it, but he needs to be the general of the royal guard and of the eternian army, so his helmet will have his superior rank engraved in it, and some golden lines, that the soldiers or other officers wont have, that will distinguish him, okay he most have a sword, a real metal not the lightsword he uses on the series, this is not SW you know, okay for him we need an autoritarian person I think his character as all of them needs an up-date, I think he should be more serious, and not be the guy that orko ridicules all the time,

he needs to be the guy that trains adam in sword-skills and the art of hand-to hand combat, so for him I will say cast an unknown newzealander or aussie actor, in his early 50's, with a strong masculine presence. Okay teela, shes a mayor character so no drama queens here please, but in the other hand I think theres a bit of that glamour needed (and a lot of grace0 so I would go with misha barton
1mischa_gm3.jpg

and well shes beautifull, and I think she can play the role, both physically and psicologicaly, just put ten more pounds on her but there are others that can play the role as well, as for skeletor, we need a good actor but one that is built also , not body builder wrestler built, but buffed , he will probably should eventually use a muscle prostetic suit, with nails and everything. beast man, for him use sala baker who played orks urukhai and sauron in LOTR, again full body suit with sculpted musles and prostetics fur nails/ claws lens ,fangs, nose the whole package, merman, the same thing use a stunt double who can act with his body well , and half prostetics have cgi, face and fins could be cg, and the big fish eyes too, but change his look to one more badass and monstrous, instead of the old fish look, you know what I mean, trap jaw well also half prostetic half cgi his mechanical leg green covered to later add cgi work on it, the ahnd can be a prostetic with some cg, his face however is more difficult prostetic from mouth up full cgi from mouth down all metal texture cgi, specially when he speaks, it could look really cool, for the bad guys thats enough I think, they are the mayor baddies, but we also need an army, of henchmen, make them like orcs, btu not a ripoff, make them with humanoid ears but horrible faces with scars, and kinda mutated, they could be created by skeeltor using his magic, they could live in caves until skeletor calls upon them to destroy the eternians and make them slaves. so this disgusting creatures could be built, muscualr like urukhais but with well grey sticky skin sweaty, dirty, rusty armor, some with green skin like putrid, lots of scars, carriyng huge spiked weapons and axes. what a battle could we ahve by the end of the movie, battle cat all cgi have weta do the prostetics, swords guns, creatures enviroments miniatures, royal palace, grey skull castle, snake mountain imagine that all made by weta, pure beauty, final battle in front of castle greyskull, okay got carried a way a bit, but thats what and how it should be done IMO, okay skeletor, as i said before muscle body suit, long cloak dark purple almost black, skull like the one in the new series, btu with meaner eye sockets, and with eyes, green eyes that would shine in the dark almost florescent. believe me the way I imagine this it would look super spectacular,

he-man, oh next post Iam tired know but he also needs a little up-date look of course you will be able to easily tell who he is, just a little twitching here and there. what do you think MOTU freak.

okay since teela is suposed to be brunnete or red head, here's and the pic I posted of misha is blond, here's two more pics of her lets say looking more teela like
post_misha.jpg

and this one
624911001115557867.gif
beautifull isn't she? and she also looks good with darker hair.

A damn trying to mantain this thread alive, later on I will post my ideas of how the story should be.

Lazlo Panaflex said:
Wasn't John Woo also directing a Ninja Turtles movie?

That was a rumor from a while ago, long since dead.

darkdonnie said:
The old one was nothing like the cartoon, but I stil enjoyed it. As possible Feldman casting, im all for it. Bring on HAIM for skeletor.
I enjoyed it too, but as you say it was nothing like the cartoon.
Would have been much better if they had stuck to the source material (comic or cartoon)

As long as the new one aint like the new He-man with the spaceships n stuff (I was physically sick when I saw what they did to him :( )

well there's always been space ships in the he-man series the original or the new one, but the new one exagerated, the only ships they should use are the small crafts that transport the royal armies, not even the stupid looking jetski ones from the original, nor the tank, but one things for me atleast the new he-man looks far much cooler than the original one the sword on the new series is ridiciulus they have to follow the design of the 80's cartoon sword just make it sleeker and thinner, with more finnese if you will. but apart from the ugly sword, the new he-man looks beter the bambraces(gauntlets) look much better the hair the body shape has more simetry(less boxy frame) he looks much cooler, and make skeeltor like the new series, bare foot with the legs armor and more evil looking skull and long fangs.

The 2002 He-man actually looks kinda cool. ( I just googled about for a bit)

But wasnt there one between the original and the 2002 one?
Because as far as I remember, it SUCKED!

Edit to add.............

index-hm.jpg

Thats the one.... AAARRGGHH!!!!

Atrax robustus said:
The 2002 He-man actually looks kinda cool. ( I just googled about for a bit)

But wasnt there one between the original and the 2002 one?
Because as far as I remember, it SUCKED!

index-hm.jpg

Thats the one.... AAARRGGHH!!!!
Oh my god did that piece of crap actually aired on tv, I mean did that version actually existed, know I know you confused this piece of crap with the newest 2002 version.

superkong 500 said:
Oh my god did that piece of crap actually aired on tv, I mean did that version actually existed, know I know you confused this piece of crap with the newest 2002 version.
I havent seen the 2002 version at all. I didnt know there was a new one till I googled there just now.
The "new" one I was referring to was the bad one I posted the pic about.

I'll have to try and catch the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"