New Interview with Bill Duke

addismad said:
are we deffinatly getting sentinels in the danger room?

i believe its been confirmed. we'll get to see one giant robot in there. :up:

hmm, but hasnt the danger room had robots before, it might not necessarily be a sentinel. Although having that and then perhaps sentinels in a future movie would be perhaps too much.

To be honest im not sure, i like the idea of him becoming more corrupt and then building them to take out or keep mutants in order, it would make sense if Magneto and Jean are going to be causing chaos.

i guess theres only one answer, May 26th

I do wonder what greenscreen work Duke would have done. That's getting a definite hmmm from me!

Interesting read, but I think that made it pretty lcear that Bill Duke will only be playing the character Trask from the comics in name.
Storm22 said:
I do wonder what greenscreen work Duke would have done. That's getting a definite hmmm from me!
Maybe its just this, I don't know if those big screens would require green screen or not.
cap02613kv.jpg

are those dots on the screens all the mutants detected?

cos if they are, thats an all out great brawl set there

Green screen work could involve him overseeing Sentinels for future films..

Hmmm...I guess my predictions on Bill Duke's character weren't too farfetched...

-TNC

Well, if one of his scenes is where he orders project wideawake to commence without using the word "Sentinels", but he wasn't allowed to see the whole script, then it could still involve sentinels without him knowing it (but I doubt it).

lordofthenerds said:

My opinion:

Throughout the movies, there are subtle hints of a plan of Trask's to take action against the mutants, but he never reveals it (not to the audience, but the President would know)

Lines like "Well then, you know what needs to be done" is him trying to push his agenda on the President.

The audience never knows, there is just subtle build up between him and the President.

This scene, that I quoted from above, is the President, Trask, and others, observing the Alcatraz incident. In the trailers, there are a few looks of worry from the President, and one shot where Trask looks over at the President, in a "I told you this would happen if we didn't go through with my plan... now go through with my plan!" type of look, while the President looks worried.

I think when the President witnesses the destruction caused by the mutants, he will finally cave in and give the order. This launches a very small amount of Sentinels (2 or 3) against the mutants.

Sentinels won't have played a major role in the film. It won't take much time to subtly hint at a bigger plan from the President. It will be very climactic.

Another part of the theory: The weird noise in that one TV spot is the noise made by the Sentinels. We'll hear it in the Danger Room. After the President okays their launch, before we see a Sentinel at Alcatraz, we'll hear that noise again. Then that shot in another TV spot of Wolverine looking up and screaming, that's him witnessing a Sentinel coming after them.

The only question mark is... what is the connection between the Danger Room Sentinel and the real Sentinels? Did Beast get blueprints of Trask's special weapon against mutants? If so, that takes away the suspense of this secret weapon. Did Trask steal the Danger Room Sentinel designs to make his own? That doesn't make sense, because Sentinels would have had to have been in development longer than since just the Danger Room scene. So, if Sentinels do appear outside the Danger Room, what is the connection, since we for sure are getting them in the Danger Room?

Perhaps Xavier knows something about Trask's plans, and has them fight against this Danger Room Sentinel to prepare them for the worst, but he never informs them of the real possibility of the X-Men really having to face these things? But how would Xavier know? Maybe that was the action McKenna was going to take against mutants at the end of X2, before the X-Men convinced him otherwise? Maybe Beast told him, and Beast is running the program (and that's why he's not in the Danger Room?), but just as the President and Trask conversations are subtle, and don't blatantly give it away, neither does the conversation between Beast and Xavier?

That might be the best explanation, and could also be a good reason as to why he returns (beyond just coming to Jean's memorial), he comes to warn Xavier about this threat towards mutants, because he knows that the X-Men will be the only people who can stop it?

Yea, I'd probably like that. But, we'll have to wait until May 26th. Sentinels could very well not even be a part of the storyline, which would be a major disappointment.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
My opinion:

Throughout the movies, there are subtle hints of a plan of Trask's to take action against the mutants, but he never reveals it (not to the audience, but the President would know)

Lines like "Well then, you know what needs to be done" is him trying to push his agenda on the President.

The audience never knows, there is just subtle build up between him and the President.

This scene, that I quoted from above, is the President, Trask, and others, observing the Alcatraz incident. In the trailers, there are a few looks of worry from the President, and one shot where Trask looks over at the President, in a "I told you this would happen if we didn't go through with my plan... now go through with my plan!" type of look, while the President looks worried.

I think when the President witnesses the destruction caused by the mutants, he will finally cave in and give the order. This launches a very small amount of Sentinels (2 or 3) against the mutants.

Sentinels won't have played a major role in the film. It won't take much time to subtly hint at a bigger plan from the President. It will be very climactic.

Another part of the theory: The weird noise in that one TV spot is the noise made by the Sentinels. We'll hear it in the Danger Room. After the President okays their launch, before we see a Sentinel at Alcatraz, we'll hear that noise again. Then that shot in another TV spot of Wolverine looking up and screaming, that's him witnessing a Sentinel coming after them.

The only question mark is... what is the connection between the Danger Room Sentinel and the real Sentinels? Did Beast get blueprints of Trask's special weapon against mutants? If so, that takes away the suspense of this secret weapon. Did Trask steal the Danger Room Sentinel designs to make his own? That doesn't make sense, because Sentinels would have had to have been in development longer than since just the Danger Room scene. So, if Sentinels do appear outside the Danger Room, what is the connection, since we for sure are getting them in the Danger Room?

Perhaps Xavier knows something about Trask's plans, and has them fight against this Danger Room Sentinel to prepare them for the worst, but he never informs them of the real possibility of the X-Men really having to face these things? But how would Xavier know? Maybe that was the action McKenna was going to take against mutants at the end of X2, before the X-Men convinced him otherwise? Maybe Beast told him, and Beast is running the program (and that's why he's not in the Danger Room?), but just as the President and Trask conversations are subtle, and don't blatantly give it away, neither does the conversation between Beast and Xavier?

That might be the best explanation, and could also be a good reason as to why he returns (beyond just coming to Jean's memorial), he comes to warn Xavier about this threat towards mutants, because he knows that the X-Men will be the only people who can stop it?

Yea, I'd probably like that. But, we'll have to wait until May 26th. Sentinels could very well not even be a part of the storyline, which would be a major disappointment.
Well said. :up: I really hope you're right.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Well said. :up: I really hope you're right.

We've seen the pictures of Beast talking to the X-Men (I'll attatch it)

It would be great if after "A major pharmacutical company is developing a way to supress the mutant X-Gene permanently, they're calling it a cure", he continued on talking about a government operation going on behind closed doors that will help the battle against dangerous mutants, being spearheaded by a man named General Trask. Beast informs them that from his previous encounters with Trask, he has known him to have some very anti-mutant view points, and is worried about what this operation could mean for mutants everywhere.

The rest of the X-Men leave, and Beast has a private conversation with Xavier. Then we see Xavier brief the X-Men, saying he'd like them to take a run through the Danger Room, and then Beast runs the Sentinel program to help prepare them for the Sentinels. The only thing is, they think it's just a regular training exercise, they have no idea that Xavier is prepping them for a real opponent that they will have to face.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2
Nell2ThaIzzay said:
The rest of the X-Men leave, and Beast has a private conversation with Xavier. Then we see Xavier brief the X-Men, saying he'd like them to take a run through the Danger Room, and then Beast runs the Sentinel program to help prepare them for the Sentinels. The only thing is, they think it's just a regular training exercise, they have no idea that Xavier is prepping them for a real opponent that they will have to face.
^:up: That'd make perfect sense, if you ask me.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
^:up: That'd make perfect sense, if you ask me.

We'll see.

But I guess we should take it one step at a time... let's get Sentinels in the final battle first :)

Yeah. :p

I've always imagined the Sentinels' entrance to the final battle to be something like this:

EXT. - ALCATRAZ - NIGHT

The X-Men arrive on the rooftop at Alcatraz in the X-jet. The jet is put on automatic and the X-Men jump off the X-jet. WOLVERINE (SNIKT!) slides down with his claws against the walls, sending sparks everywhere. BEAST leaps onto the ground as STORM flies down. PETER, BOBBY and KITTY jump down and the X-Men form a line.

CUT TO. - DESTROYED GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE

The Brotherhood mutants are standing on the destroyed Golden Gate bridge. PHOENIX is standing the far right, away from the others.

CUT TO. - ALCATRAZ

WOLVERINE: "Hold this line at any cost!"

PETER transforms into COLOSSUS, BEAST prepares to attack, BOBBY and KITTY look ahead and STORM gets ready and the sky fills with thunderstorm clouds.

CUT TO. - DESTROYED GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE

MAGNETO raises his hands and hovers above his huge army and all of them look up in at him, including PHOENIX.

MAGNETO: "Traitors to their own cause... it's time to end this war. Charge!"

The Brotherhood roar and charge against the X-Men. Most of them leap a great height and land on Alcatraz.

CUT TO. - ALCATRAZ

The X-Men get ready and the fight ensues.

WOLVERINE starts slashing random Brotherhood members. Storm conjures a tidal wave and sets it loose on the Brotherhood. BOBBY ices up and becomes ICEMAN. He starts freezing the Brotherhood. MAGNETO hovers back down next to JUGGERNAUT and PYRO who are still on the destroyed Golden Gate bridge. MAGNETO tells JUGGERNAUT to go and get LEECH. JUGGERNAUT charges and bursts through the walls. STORM sees this and tells KITTY to go and get LEECH.

MAGNETO starts levitating cars magnetically and tells PYRO to light them. Pyro throws flames in the sky, lighting the levitating cars and MAGNETO tosses them one by one at the military.

MEANWHILE, inside Alcatraz, KITTY is phasing through the walls and she encounters JUGGERNAUT. They exhange words and JUGGERNAUT charges at KITTY, but they both phase down a few levels and KITTY releases JUGGERNAUT, making him trapped inside the floor. She smirks and runs to get LEECH. JUGGERNAUT slams his fists on the floor, breaking and the Juggs/Kitty chase begin.

Back to the outside, the fight continues. STORM fights CALLISTO, WOLVERINE fights most of random Brotherhood members, ICEMAN fights PYRO, BEAST fights random Brotherhood members and COLOSSUS fights with WOLVERINE.

WOLVERINE launches for MAGNETO, but (of course) MAGNETO stops him magnetically and tortures him. BEAST sees this and leaps out and fights MAGNETO. MAGNETO exchanges words with BEAST and then he starts tossing cars at him, but BEAST dodges them (something like Darth Sidious tossing platforms at Yoda).

Then we see the President and Trask in the war room. They look at the final battle on Alcatraz and Trask pressures him to order the Sentinels. But he doesn't say out loud. He just gives the President the "look".

Back at the final battle, a warning siren wails. The fight stops for a moment and they look up at the sky. The looping siren continues and three helicopters arrive with three large balls attached to them. The helicopters land them on Alcatraz. The balls slowly form into three large SENTINELS. The eyes slowly open and the bright red lights come out of it. The mutants aren't moving. They say nothing. Then the SENTINELS start killing the mutants, firing laser guns and stomping on mutants. The military back off, deserting the X-Men, leaving them to fight.

The X-Men manage to take one down, but with very hard teamwork. MAGNETO also takes another down and he's drained of power, too tired to continue. There's only one left and Team B arrive. CYCLOPS is alive and well. ROGUE and ANGEL are in their X-suits.

Far-fetched? :p Wishful thinking, I guess.

^ That is pretty much exactly how I pictured it to.

Wanna do me a favor and GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Hee. :p

I'm not entirely sure how I want to see the arrival of the Sentinels. Should they arrive in closed balls? I know that sounds weird. :o

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Hee. :p

I'm not entirely sure how I want to see the arrival of the Sentinels. Should they arrive in closed balls? I know that sounds weird. :o

Well, I -didn't- envision the rolling balls thing.

How I envisioned it, was a way that's been rumored before, that Sentinels have actually been deployed at Alcatraz. Since it looks to be a center for the cure development and all (and they are holding Leech there), they may have Sentinels housed there, though currently unpowered, for protection.

And then when the order is issued to activate the Sentinels, they launch into the air out of the bay.

Or, they could just appear in the skies, and land down on Alcatraz. There are plenty of bases throughout the Bay Area that Sentinels could logically be housed at. Moffet Field comes to mind. Or the NASA center that's out here, in nearby Mountain View. Definatley plenty of nearby locations that Sentinels could logically be housed at, awaiting deployment.

Oh, I've never thought of the idea of the Sentinels already being stationed there. Sounds interesting. :up:

TNC9852002 said:
Awww..... :D

You guys..

-TNC
I was gonna say the exact same thing!!! :eek: Get out of my head!!

:o

No but really, I was gonna say that very same thing.

Seriously, what are you guys talking about? :p

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Seriously, what are you guys talking about? :p

They don't like it when we speculate about Sentinels being in the final battle

:(

At least we're being optimistic. :mad::p

Oh, it's nothing :p ...Yeah, I was being a little condescending, but, I will respect your views and opinions as would I like for you to do the same with me.. :D

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Then we see the President and Trask in the war room. They look at the final battle on Alcatraz and Trask pressures him to order the Sentinels. But he doesn't say out loud. He just gives the President the "look".

Back at the final battle, a warning siren wails. The fight stops for a moment and they look up at the sky. The looping siren continues and three helicopters arrive with three large balls attached to them. The helicopters land them on Alcatraz. The balls slowly form into three large SENTINELS. The eyes slowly open and the bright red lights come out of it. The mutants aren't moving. They say nothing. Then the SENTINELS start killing the mutants, firing laser guns and stomping on mutants. The military back off, deserting the X-Men, leaving them to fight.

The X-Men manage to take one down, but with very hard teamwork. MAGNETO also takes another down and he's drained of power, too tired to continue. There's only one left and Team B arrive. CYCLOPS is alive and well. ROGUE and ANGEL are in their X-suits.[/b]

Far-fetched? :p Wishful thinking, I guess.
HAH...Very wishful..

The only thing that I still can't understand, is the logic being why the Sentinels are being deployed in the first place. I mean, obviously there are soldiers right there fighting alongside the X-Men eventually, at least in a few of the photos. Wouldn't there be a huge conflict of interest if they decided to throw some Sentinels in? How would that resolve the conflict and end the war and the film? We already know there's a happy ending and this Sentinel thing is just not working for me...There's so much more at stake in this finale for me to believe that they can fit more expensive, and seemingly non-integral plot devices such as these Sentinels just because it could be done.

-TNC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"