• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

New Joe Fridays: Week 15

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NewJoeFridays15.html

Some highlights:

~ Joe's reaction on Downey Jr. being cast as Iron Man

~ New writer announced for Fantastic Four

~ More details on Marvel Comics Presents anthology

~ More hints on Jubilee's return, hint: it involves her getting her powers back!

Sensational Spider-Man cover for Sean Chen's upcoming work on the title:
SENSM032002scol.jpg

New Wolverine: Origins cover (but we have to guess what it means):
Wolverine_Origins_10.jpg

Dwayne McDuffie on Fantatsic Four is freaking excellent.

Darthphere said:
Dwayne McDuffie on Fantatsic Four is freaking excellent.

Agreed. I just wonder what the status quo will be. If
Sue, Ben, and Johnny will be back or if will be just Reed.

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JQ: Okay, you got me... Yes, Gary will be illustrating some issues of Hulk! And, just to be a tease, you’ll see some of Gary’s first Hulk pages in a special 12 page story in Hulk #100 (it’s even Civil War related)."

So there will be atleast 12 pages of Hulk that deal with CW. Does that mean Hulks going to be back by the end of it? Sheesh this screws me up more than before lol. Only way for Hulk to have a story CW related is to be on Earth, or to meet up with someone from Earth and here the story. Problem is I thought Hulkmaggedon (as the boards are calling it) would take place when Hulk got back, and it's not due out for a bit.

Overall a good read, and he did dodge the Thor question :). As for -

Wolverine_Origins_10.jpg

X-23 pop's into mind instantly. Look at the ridges and scrapes and shapes of the claws tho, if that is her, when did she get bone claws? The veins on the hand kinda say logan tho (edit- oops, looks like blood not veins poping out), oh well guess we'll know soon enough. Also liking the Jubilee thing, her and 'friends' will appear, so maybe a new Gen-X type book? If they get their powers back, then I wonder how many other mutants will too because it's seeming more like Scarlet witches powers had only a temporary effect, atleast on some.
[/FONT]

The Dude said:
Agreed. I just wonder what the status quo will be. If
Sue, Ben, and Johnny will be back or if will be just Reed.

I think they already confirmed or at least hinted that at least half of the team wouldn't be back, but it could be more.

I'm going to be tempted to buy F4 now.McDuffie is awesome and for a sample of his FF magic,check out the Fantastic Four Special which came out back in December or January.Yu did the cover and it's called Dinner With Doom I think.Excellent one-shot.

FadingCB said:
X-[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]23 pop's into mind instantly. Look at the ridges and scrapes and shapes of the claws tho, if that is her, when did she get bone claws? The veins on the hand kinda say logan tho (edit- oops, looks like blood not veins poping out), oh well guess we'll know soon enough. Also liking the Jubilee thing, her and 'friends' will appear, so maybe a new Gen-X type book? If they get their powers back, then I wonder how many other mutants will too because it's seeming more like Scarlet witches powers had only a temporary effect, atleast on some.
[/FONT]

She would have bone claws, she's a clone of Logan.

I agree. That Spider-Man cover is truly fantasmic to the fifteenth power...and then cubed again for good measure. I can't wait to see that thing get the full treatment.

SpideyInATree said:
I agree. That Spider-Man cover is truly fantasmic to the fifteenth power...and then cubed again for good measure. I can't wait to see that thing get the full treatment.

They need to make that into a poster! :up:

Orko Is King said:
The name sounds familiar. What'd he write?:huh:
Currently he's writing BEYOND!, a very cool mini series.

Historically, he wrote for Marvel during the 90's, and is best known for creating DAMAGE CONTROL, but also had a decent stint on DEATHLOK. He also co-founded Milestone and co-created Static, who he then took to TV in STATIC SHOCK. He also was a longtime writer for "the Timmverse" of DC cartoons, most notably JLU.

I think he'd be a decent fit on FF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"