New Layout Feedback

Needs code to recognize both x.com and twitter.com embedding. In his infinite(ly bad) wisdom Musk has changed that website’s name and mission.

Twitter's move to X borked a few of my addons but I've managed to mostly mitigate the problem. The move to X is going to be an experiement in how to lose brand recognition though.

just a quick suggestion...I think when we type links into our posts, the link should be underlined or bolded by default to indicate there is a link in the text.

Last time I tried to fix this (when we migrated) it made EVERY link on the site underlined including fixed UI elements.

The stock theme of this site was not very well put together, that it works as well as it does right now is mostly after me kicking it in the nuts every once in a while.

TBH I'd have prefered they just use an off the shelf theme and let me tweak it. Right now it's some mangled thing I've been trying to unmangle every once in a awhile.

Last time I tried to fix this (when we migrated) it made EVERY link on the site underlined including fixed UI elements.

The stock theme of this site was not very well put together, that it works as well as it does right now is mostly after me kicking it in the nuts every once in a while.

TBH I'd have prefered they just use an off the shelf theme and let me tweak it. Right now it's some mangled thing I've been trying to unmangle every once in a awhile.
dang. well, thanks for trying to fix it. in the grand scheme of things, it isn't a big deal, but it's just one more technical issue to the myriad of technical issues going on here.

to your bolded point, I know I am gonna sound like a broken record but I hope the higher ups change their minds about allowing additional skins. I will forever be a supporter of the vote busty skin

Light blue might be good, like this one:

Hex: 00b0f0

I think the link color has at least these three preferable possibilities

A) Match the default theme color for red: #87060C
B) Match the default theme color for blue: #003956
C) the HTML default

1716241299421.png

Meh, is what I think... but then again, the last layout I remember was in 2005/2006, and last time I posted anything here was I think maybe 2012 2011, can't really remember... but it's been a while... I'm just not a big fan of change.

More noticeable links, awesome :up:

I do wish we could still remove/minimize all that nonsense on the right (although I did have to re-do that every single day). I'm sure someone uses it, for me it's a waste of space.

I was gonna say it cuts off links that are in a box, but it doesn't actually. Why are those boxes so small/not dynamic lol.

Also, there's a message at the top of the page that explains what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"