New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/16/new-live-action-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-movie-in-the-works/

Posted on Wednesday, July 16th, 2008 at 11:52 am by: Peter Sciretta

Could the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles be returning to the big screen in a new live action film? The Playmates Toys website has the following statement:
“Following the success of the ‘TMNT’ theatrical release in 2007, Mirage licensing and Imagi studios have begun work on a new live-action TMNT film for 2010. It’s the turtles like you’ve never seen them before! Shellalicious!”

As much as I enjoyed the TMNT animated feature, I was left longing for the old live action films, as bad as they might have been (Remember the Ninja rap?). I really wish that with the expected success of The Dark Knight, that Imagi would consider making a darker TMNT, something closer to Kevin Eastman/Peter Laird’s original vision. But I doubt they will go in that direction. Also, Imagi is a computer animation studio, which makes me wonder if the live-action aspect is a typo or maybe that the turtles will be cg in a live action world.

Cool short film.

If I had to be constructive about it, I think the camera work and the editing isn't as fluid as it should be.

I hope they use costumes again, part of the magic was that they looked real on the original movies, the animated was good but forgettable.

I actually watched Turtles Forever for the first time last night and I'm so ready for a new TMNT movie. I'd love another live action deal with some del Toro esque animatronics for the Turtles themselves. Also, give us the Utroms and some of the other villains. I love Shredder as much as the next guy, but give him a rest for a while.

I thought that the short film really stunk. Raphael looked stupid,and April and
the Foot clan looked too different.

Yea you have to make due with what you have.The turtle design was good and while I agree on the foot,Maybe he couldn't find a talented redhead.Also to me April doesn't have a specific look.I wouldn't mind a non redhead in the actual film.

You can go back to the other thread peeps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"