New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The script is real. Thankfully there's enough time to rewrite it.

Did they mentioned that theres gonna be rewrites? I heard that it was delayed for the effects and the 30th anniversary

If the script has already leaked way before preproduction, then yeah, I think they have no choice but HAVE to rewrite, if not heavily tweak the script. Too many people already know the ENTIRE plot...and how bad it really is. :barf:

i can't believe someone passed that script on to be green lighted

Plus with Paramount asking the script to be removed, it's pretty clear it was a real script.

I have read the script and wow, it sucks.
I know that Bay didn't wrote it or that he isn't directing but it has a lot, and I mean A LOT of Bay in it.
I really REALLY hope they are rewriting it COMPLETELY and not just details.
I didn't know that producers had a lot of influence in the making of movies. If Nolan has the same amount that Bay was given with MOS I'm confident about that film.

That had Michael Bay written all over it.

The script does suck (obviously) but my main beef with Bay is - with all of the silly changes - once again he makes the humans the main characters while sidelining the 'title' characters. Like in Transformers.

It's so weird to think that, if this script was made into the final film, that the 1990s TMNT films had more balls because they were not afraid to display the Turtles as the leads.

anyone watched the new TMNT cartoon? in the first ep the turtles never saw real human food. so when they for the first time go out they discover the pizza. i think it was very funny.

something like that could be in the movie where they find their first piizza and try it out.

anyone watched the new TMNT cartoon? in the first ep the turtles never saw real human food. so when they for the first time go out they discover the pizza. i think it was very funny.

something like that could be in the movie where they find their first piizza and try it out.
It's frustrating to see the cartoon reboot the turtles better then the script for this movie.

So has this film finally stalled? No news since this leak of the script. I gotta say, I really hope it's been stalled indefinitely, and hopefully the studio will focus more on finding good writers, producers and director and boot Bay completely off the project. As much as I really like the 90s film, I would love to see this franchise rebooted, maybe even go a darker route and stay almost completely true to the original comic book series.

1283311541924012.png

Yeah, maybe even this dark...

So has this film finally stalled? No news since this leak of the script. I gotta say, I really hope it's been stalled indefinitely, and hopefully the studio will focus more on finding good writers, producers and director and boot Bay completely off the project. As much as I really like the 90s film, I would love to see this franchise rebooted, maybe even go a darker route and stay almost completely true to the original comic book series.

1283311541924012.png

Yes, yes, and YES !!!!

screw Bay and his band of idiotic cohorts! i say we just get the writers from the Nickelodeon TMNT series to write the screenplay for the film. they get the characters!

So what's the deal with the new movie?
I'm 31 and was actually entertained by the new Nick Turtles...(It has a little more cheese than the original 80's thing - Could be nostalgia talking) but they really get the bros. And I hear it's a success.

They need to make an amazing Ninja Turtles movie for the new generation and old rats like me.

Sean Astin voices Raph in the new cartoon

How did Shredder--or Schraeder--look in the script? I only read the dialogue. Seems the Foot was a division of the army. Were they a ninja division in Foot Clan attire, or normal military fatigues?

That's because Eastman seems to like everything. Even god-awful next mutatation's Venus De Milo.

That's because Eastman seems to like everything. Even god-awful next mutatation's Venus De Milo.

If there's one reason I miss Peter Laird being involved, it's definitely because of stuff like this...Those two need each other IMO.

If there's one reason I miss Peter Laird being involved, it's definitely because of stuff like this...Those two need each other IMO.

EXACTLY !!!!! Laird by himself is just as bad as Eastman. Vol. 4 of TMNT was horrible. The two needed each other to balance each other out. Laird with the sci/fi, and Eastman with the gritty urban realism.

1283311541924012.png

TOTALLY AGREED! Enough with the kiddie stuff already. They're ninja's. Let see Raph stab a few goons and Leo cut some arms off. I hate how Hollywood always thinks they need to change the target groups of these franchises. Like the original fans don't matter anymore and potential fans are too stupid to understand it. They're freaking ninja's, ninja's kill people, get over it hollywood!!! And let's hear Raph curse while we're at it. You just know he'd throw in a few "F you's" and "sh%ts".

Last edited:
totally agreed! Enough with the kiddie stuff already. They're ninja's. Let see raph stab a few goons and leo cut some arms off. I hate how hollywood always thinks they need to change the target groups of these franchises. Like the original fans don't matter anymore and potential fans are too stupid to understand it. They're freaking ninja's, ninja's kill people, get over it hollywood!!! And let's hear raph curse while we're at it. You just know he'd throw in a few "f you's" and "sh%ts".
^^^^^this !!!!

TOTALLY AGREED! Enough with the kiddie stuff already. They're ninja's. Let see Raph stab a few goons and Leo cut some arms off. I hate how Hollywood always thinks they need to change the target groups of these franchises. Like the original fans don't matter anymore and potential fans are too stupid to understand it. They're freaking ninja's, ninja's kill people, get over it hollywood!!! And let's hear Raph curse while we're at it. You just know he'd throw in a few "F you's" and "sh%ts".

Even tho I would love to see something like this I don't think it will happen. The new cartoon is doing great and they'll try to capitalize on it. As long as it is good Im happy. Just give us something for Leo to cut and Raph to stab!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"