New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....or he just really has no ****ing idea what's going on.

no he's smart...and a *****e...in one day he did one thing Disney couldn't do with John Carter....made people care...

I think that each member of the TMNT are still finding their place both as a team and as brothers.

I think Donnie is butting heads because is that he thinks everyone is quick to fight while Mikey is frustrated because no one ever takes him seriously because he's the youngest. And a little dumb.

Also I think they need to expand in the concept of being 'alone' with potentially Donnie and Mike fighting for Apri's love!

I like everything...except for that last part. For the love of all that is holy no Turtles trying to actively pursue April! If they're doing it in a jokey sarcastic sense, sure. But please not serious. She's the big sister of the group, not a love interest.

Turtles are trending on twitter lol.

It blows my mind. I never would have expected all this attention.

:hehe:

I'm tired of Leo and Ralph always butting heads. Give Mikey and Donnie something to do to develop their characters.

Agreed.

I definitely agree with that. We don't need another Raphael-Leo conflict.

In the IDW run (I know I keep referring back to that) Leo and Donnie have been butting heads. I think it would be an interesting dynamic to bring to the screen.

And it's good to hear from Liebesman. I always assumed they would go the "Rise of the Planet..." with the Turtles in this one. Any other choice would be foolish. And any other choice other than WETA for the effects would be foolish.

And I hope it is the TCRI origin, but I'll believe it when I see it. But honestly, hearing from the director is always a good thing.

Interesting. What's the deal with Leo and Donny?

I really did like the idea of Where the Wild Things Are route.

Well that interview made me feel better, alien ooze like the comics is great, alien turtles, go F- yourself Mr. Bay.

But mostly *****e.

it's cute how some of yall are portraying him as some genius mastermind though. Dr. Doom he ain't.

not claiming he's a genius mastermind...but this isn't the first time he did this.
Go back to my first post in this thread...I called this

Interesting. What's the deal with Leo and Donny?

IDW continuity spoilers ahead:

In the new comics, there's a reincarnation thread running through the Turtles/Splinter's origin, saying that the Turtles are the sons of Hamato Yoshi and Splinter is Hamato Yoshi reincarnated after they were murdered by the Shredder in Feudal Japan.

Splinter tells the boys this and Donnie thinks it's not logicval, while Leo obviously believes Splinter.

Also, Donnie is a bit of a jerk because he's the smartest.

then why act as if they kicked your dog if you knew they were doing this for publicity?

Liebesman is the definition of hollywood heck. i bow down to him.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88333

i gave him a chance to make a low budget personal movie or a smart scifi/fantasy movie.but he decided that he wants to make stupid expensive movies. ok . fine.

Last edited:
Liebesman is the definition of hollywood heck. i bow down to him.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88333

i gave him a chance to make a low budget personal movie or a smart scifi/fantasy movie.but he decided that he wants to make stupid expensive movies. ok . fine.

I'm confused...do you not like him or do you like him?

From what he's been saying, I feel comfortable with him directing the film.

No one is, you're the one with the hang ups about Bay, maybe now that you've read the news you'll chill out and sleep better at night?

Us? you were not one of them. lol

No there was some

IDW continuity spoilers ahead:

In the new comics, there's a reincarnation thread running through the Turtles/Splinter's origin, saying that the Turtles are the sons of Hamato Yoshi and Splinter is Hamato Yoshi reincarnated after they were murdered by the Shredder in Feudal Japan.

Splinter tells the boys this and Donnie thinks it's not logicval, while Leo obviously believes Splinter.

Also, Donnie is a bit of a jerk because he's the smartest.

That sounds kinda cool. So, is Shredder a legacy title then?

Donny as a jerk because he's smart seems kinda amusing.

That sounds kinda cool. So, is Shredder a legacy title then?

Unknown. He hasn't been seen yet. I'd imagine he'd be [BLACKOUT]a reincarnated Oroku Saki or somehow immortal though[/BLACKOUT]. So far the main bad guy is Krang, with Baxter Stockman and Old Hob, who is a mutated alley cat with a grudge against Splinter.

I think it's cool they're turning Don into kind of an insufferable genius. The geek and nerds of today honestly are just as huge of a-holes as some of the people that bully them. That whole "you're just not smart enough to get it" thing.

Well that interview made me feel better, alien ooze like the comics is great, alien turtles, go F- yourself Mr. Bay.

So a week ago this film sucking was bay's fault, and a week later when it has some promise it's not bays fault. Either it's his film or it isn't. Decide.

A producer that probably doesn't have any part of the creative meetings at this point misspeaking on a film early in development and technically still being right is something very common. Looking back on the recent history of this thread I'd say not many people called it no.

Bays name got people talking, as funny as that may be marketing is big business in hollywood. Everyone that tries to make fun of it just ends up part of the machine. NOTE the crowed reaction Conan got when he presented his joke. The same reaction critics have when the numbers come in.

So a week ago this film sucking was bay's fault, and a week later when it has some promise it's not bays fault. Either it's his film or it isn't. Decide.

A producer that probably doesn't have any part of the creative meetings at this point misspeaking on a film early in development and technically still being right is something very common. Looking back on the recent history of this thread I'd say not many people called it no.

Bays name got people talking, as funny as that may be marketing is big business in hollywood. Everyone that tries to make fun of it just ends up part of the machine. NOTE the crowed reaction Conan got when he presented his joke. The same reaction critics have when the numbers come in.

exactly

No one is, you're the one with the hang ups about Bay, maybe now that you've read the news you'll chill out and sleep better at night?

1) Why are you so worried about what I think about Bay if you're not an apologist like you claim? Grow up and stop letting what others think ruin your day 2) I'm always chill & I sleep just fine champ.

Us? you were not one of them. lol

Plenty of people took a wait and see attitude. It's guys like you and roach who were ranting about the fanboys lamenting their raped childhoods when barely anyone on this board said anything of the sort.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=22745109&postcount=687

I myself will need more info and possibly a trailer before I decide either way.

That was three days ago.

My main argument was and still is against the rather stupid idea that fans shouldn't voice their concerns over badly stated ideas by a filmmaker.

Last edited:
As for bays words on their origin, I think he probably hit the nail on the head. And here's my soon to be confirmed prediction. The director is from South Africa, District 9 is huge there and within that story we are presented with a similar and 100% believable premise of mutation. A terrestrial creature is exposed to an unstable extra terrestrial substance and over the course of a short time his genetic and perhaps atomic make up is shifted over to an entirely new form. This form can be considered a mutation however because he was not born this way ala xmen but rather exposed ala spiderman(not a mutant) so that may not be the correct definition. What is apparent is that by the end of the transformation he has the genetic make up of an "ALIEN(race)." If someone gave me a shot of Kryptonian blood and a week later I was pretty much superman, I wouldn't call myself a mutant. Not a full Kryptonian either, but if my genetic make up was 100% alien at that point.... If this isn't close to what they are considering I'll eat my shorts.

Bay has always been a stickler for grounding technical aspects of his films in reality so that the more fantastical stuff has room to fester. The TF designs and lighting, Military operations. Obviously as in bad boys they blend in with crazy crap too but they have a somewhat technical base. This separates them from the GI Joe films for example. This is also what worked for Fast 5.

I think that when Bay spoke about kids believing what they are seeing is real he means in the vain of District 9 and no so much in the utter bs of a rat learning kung fu from watching it's owner and all the fun crap we seem to hold so high in our memories. So yea, Bay was probably given the pitch 2 weeks prior and paraphrased. What's interesting as always is the FanBoy element. It's almost fun to them. This videos, analogies to rapping little kids and requests for petitions whist there are real problems in the world worth petitions.

good on you.

I like the idea that perhaps the ooze itself is of alien origin. That I could live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"