New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you guys feel about a look like this?

turtle_083112_mockup.jpg

402234_3923184553015_102151319_n.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

A guy over on the RPF is doing a "real-life" TMNT sculpt, and this is the design he came up with.

Here's link to his thread where you can track his progress.

http://www.therpf.com/f62/real-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-ready-molding-96776/

Wasn't that Ted's last, very crazy, girlfriend?

Btw, was I the only one thinking "Boy, even she would have been a better April."?

I will level with you guys, I can see the movie pretty much ending up like a movie that you will either think is decent or pretty much trash, I hope that this turns out good for the most part and want it to turn out good. Am I the only one here who is a fan of the pre-fight doughnut story from TMNT 2? I mean the reaction to it from Shredder and the foot clan.

Last edited:
If they have Vernon, they better have Irma too. This is turning out to be veeery 80s cartoon influenced. I guess it can be fun, I just hope there is a bit more meat and soul to it too.

Cool set video where you can actually hear some dialogue. Like Leo screaming "Mikeeeeeeey".

[YT]Qd7NPNUVMRo[/YT]

The Original script was HEAVILY influenced by the 80s series and it seems as though it didn't lose that after the rewrite, with April working at Channel 6 and Vern, a character from the 86 series, being featured.

Also, it featured a ****load of classic characters. Shredder, Kraang, Stockman and the mousers, and Bebop and Rocksteady.

Though I admit, it would make space in the future for characters the fugitoid and the triceratons

Seems like a lot; did the script feel bloated?

Haha, this will work.

Cant wait to see the finished turtles. Its pretty neat seeing the motion capture actors and imagining what they are going to look like

If they can pull this off, it will def be one of the more interesting pictures next year. The buzz with Fox and Bay and the technology will be pretty high, much higher than the Joe films.

Higher than most of those marvel films if they weren't all tied together.

More and more curious.

So they're going with the white Baxter ? I can see that since this is mostly based on the Fred Wolf Toon. So does that mean Bebop will be black before he gets mutated ? Also will Ralph be the smart-ass, wise cracking , 4th wall breaking teen as opposed to the angry outcast ?

If the technodrome is in the movie then I want it too look the way it did in the 80s toon and not the way it did in Turtles Forever when the utrom Shredder gave it a new and crappy make over. It looked like ****, worst technodrome ever, it bugs me how people don't want the movie to have certain 80s toons characters in it just cause of their portrayals in the 80s toon. I like how people ignore the dark skies episodes, the turtles in them were like more serious in them in ever, but nope it doesn't matter cause they eventually became less serious after the first season. :whatever:

Last edited:
I don't know, the Technodrome makeover looks more advanced and less silly.

If the technodrome is in the movie then I want it too look the way it did in the 80s toon and not the way it did in Turtles Forever when the utrom Shredder gave it a new and crappy make over.

But the makover looked better than the original though. You actually liked the the huge eyeball ?

But the makover looked better than the original though. You actually liked the the huge eyeball ?

Yes I did. the new one looked too simplistic and just down right cheesy for my taste. It looks like something a toddler could draw, I expect better from grown ups that have shown the potential to make good designs.

Last edited:

With the exception of the eyeball and arms, the original design is fine.

However, the design of the TMNT: Forever version, which was a solid movie friendly update, is good too.

With the exception of the eyeball and arms, the original design is fine.

However, the design of the TMNT: Forever version, which was a solid movie friendly update, is good too.

Arms? Um those things that you called arms are high tech guns. :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back