New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that the movie doesn't devote too much time to crappy TMNT characters. THE MOVIE MUST HAVE ENOUGH ACTION TO BALANCE OUT THE BORING STUFF THAT HAPPENS WHEN NO ACTION IS INVOLVED. Sorry for the caps guys. I'm not interested in crap like April's boss, or Vernon or Irma (if she's in it that is), the movie being pretty serious without being too serious is a must to me.

I really hope this is the epic some of us have been waiting for for years. One that is on a bigger scale with plenty of mutants.

Last edited:
And whether alien, reincarnated or Demon, he was still Oroku Saki. Japanese, in Ch'rell's case, a robotic suit with the appearance of a Japanese Oroku Saki, and in most cases leader of the Foot. An army of highly trained Ninjas. Everything from classic, to Elite, to high tech Cyber Ninjas. He even made mystical elements his b**ch.

And had Baxter Stockman tortured and mutilated until he was nothing more than an eye ball attached to a brain and spinal cord in a tank.

Movie is going to suck unless it's dark and gritty. A lot of the appeal of the first film is that everything looked filthy and raw. The best scenes were at night, when they were covered with sewer and rainwater and moonlight was reflecting off their skin.

They should just model the new Shredder after Super Shredder, but with cybernetics.

I was with you right up till the statement at the end. Really a cybernetic super shredder :doh:

I'm really starting to think the whole army general version of the guy may not be the dumbest thing I've heard off.

Sure why not base his appearance off the coming out of our shells tour

I am still disappointed that Super Shredder was only in TMNT 2 for about 30 sec and was killed so easily. Loved his design

I've often wonder if the reason why Super Shredder lasted only for 30 seconds was because they were running out of money.

Probably ^ they filmed two Iron man endings the first was cut then the final battle with Rourke was so short cause of spending it on the first ending.

if they don't have the shredder and have the foot be ninjas then bay and the director have really lost it

Super Shredder didn't even get to beat anyone up. :(

Super Shredder was lame anyway. It's just too bad they kiddyfied the 2nd Movie. At least it was still fun.

Super Shredder was lame anyway. It's just too bad they kiddyfied the 2nd Movie. At least it was still fun.

To be fair, the first TMNT movie was on the kiddyfied side as well, it was kid friendly too.

Splinter in chains and tortured, a half to death beaten Raphael, mild cursing, a life and death battle on the roof with Shredder and Leonardo actually cutting him, Shredder being crushed to "death". It wasn't the Crow, but not on the level of kiddyfied like TMNT2.

Last edited:
The 2nd film was a live-action version of the cartoon. Hated the lack of weapon use.

with vernon and now irma being cast it really seems like its the 80's toon brought to life

so bebop and rocksteady may actually be the one highlight of the film

The first movie was more violent still very kiddie with its jokes. The 2nd seemed to just be jokes. And watching the 2nd film when the turtles are talking during a fight the foot just kinda stand there and let em talk it's really really stupid.

I read when the Matrix came out if a movie has over a certain amount of kicks to the head it is given an R rating

And The First Turtles movie had like over a dozen..

And Leo cuts a foot soldiers ankles with his swords.

The first movie was the Best. Great acting Awesome characters good balance of fun and dark moments.

Splinter in chains and tortured, a half to death beaten Raphael, mild cursing, a life and death battle on the roof with Shredder and Leonardo actually cutting him, Shredder being crushed to "death". It wasn't the Crow, but not on the level of kiddyfied like TMNT2.

And that's why the first is my favorite. Both kids and adults can enjoy it equally. It's a lot darker than most people remember. Hopefully it keeps a similar tone in this new one.

so bebop and rocksteady may actually be the one highlight of the film

Oh, Christ no. :eek:

I've often wonder if the reason why Super Shredder lasted only for 30 seconds was because they were running out of money.

I've wondered what Super Shredder looked like; did the mutagen turn him into a grotesque of some kind or just a giant?

That's possible. They also didn't have the money to reveal the Utroms.

I've wondered what Super Shredder looked like; did the mutagen turn him into a grotesque of some kind or just a giant?

Basiacally. The Mutagen in the movie was basically non-lethal radioactive waste, and not the extra-dimensional animal/ human hybrid maker. Still doens't make sense how his armour was effected when mutagenics deal with biological subjects.

For anyone interested in the original script (just a detailed run through of it), here's LR's vid:

http://tmntnottant.blogspot.com/2012/08/latino-reviews-exclusive-review-of-tant.html

Ho... ly... crap... I heard that the script was bad, but I could have never imagined that it was this bad. Who the **** thought that a Mutant, well I guess Alien Shredder, who grows spikes and has razor sharp teeth was a good idea? F**k... Utrom Shredder is a brilliant idea in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"